Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jason Garrett? « previous next »
Page: 1

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: January 25, 2007, 11:35:27 AM

...possible QB coach, Head Coach, or O-coordinator in Dallas.

Just thought I heard it.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 25, 2007, 11:38:50 AM

Yeah, he's in DAL for two interviews. He's a possible HC candidate or OC. The OC thing is odd since in most worlds (not Jerry's) the HC hires assistant so this sounds like a case where a guy like a Norv Turner could come in and Garrett knows his offense and could run it or else some fossil (Dan Reeves) warms the seat for a year or two while Garrett gets learn on the job time.

Garrett wanted to be a coach, everyone knew that and he'll likely be a really good coach. Smart kid, understands the game.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 25, 2007, 12:14:44 PM

or else some fossil (Dan Reeves)

hilarious!

leeroyselmon07

Starter

#3 : January 25, 2007, 01:05:22 PM

Jason Garrett in big D ha ha

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 25, 2007, 01:37:56 PM

I was hearing Wade Philips HC, Jason Garrett OC.

I don't get why they seem stuck on the 3-4. Jerry Jones has said that's what they'll be playing, but it would seem easy to go 4-3 with their personnel. Ferguson has played in a 4-3, Spears can move inside where he might be less dissappointing, Ware can easily play 4-3 and they've still got Ellis.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 25, 2007, 01:49:35 PM

They still have the same DC, that is why they are in the 3-4.

Plus while they might be able to transition, they are still a team that drafted for a 3-4 scheme.

On a side note, I think Phillips is a joke for a HC.  I think he was the one who coached the Bills into the playoffs with Doug Flutie as the starting QB, and then when they made the playoffs, they benched Flutie, and put in Rob Johnson (LMAO!!!), and they promptly lost.  If that is the same Phillips, that guy is a turd in my book.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 25, 2007, 01:53:50 PM

I don't get why they seem stuck on the 3-4. Jerry Jones has said that's what they'll be playing, but it would seem easy to go 4-3 with their personnel. Ferguson has played in a 4-3, Spears can move inside where he might be less dissappointing, Ware can easily play 4-3 and they've still got Ellis.

they'd have an LB issue but other than that I've got no idea why 3-4 makes Jerry swoon.

I'm not sure why giving Phillips another bite at the apple (and his name is out there as well) is gonna thrill anyone around here.  I know if Gruden dropped dead tomorrow I'd be more interested in Garrett and what he could do than seeing a re-tread like Wade.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#7 : January 25, 2007, 03:55:18 PM

they'd have an LB issue but other than that I've got no idea why 3-4 makes Jerry swoon.

I'm not sure why giving Phillips another bite at the apple (and his name is out there as well) is gonna thrill anyone around here.  I know if Gruden dropped dead tomorrow I'd be more interested in Garrett and what he could do than seeing a re-tread like Wade.

Agreed, but I think the consideration is that Garrett, while a great prospect, is a bit green.  Jones doesn't necessarily want to throw him to the wolves, even though all indications are that Jones is really high on him.

My thought is that Jones wants Garrett, but right now feels that he needs a caretaker for a year, maybe two until Garrett has had some experience at a spot "closer" to head coach.  Wade Phillips is perfect for that, as he'll certainly have reasons to fire him after the alloted time period is over.  ;)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 25, 2007, 03:56:38 PM

BAH!

Wade Phillips is not good for anything.  I'd just assume put Garrett in there, let him take his lumps with talent around him, and let Phillips do what he does best:  stay home.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jason Garrett? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools