Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did anybody see Gradkowski hit? « previous next »
Page: 1

Stretchcaddy

Starter

: October 15, 2006, 06:08:05 PM

Late in the 1st quarter on a reverse with galloway, grad ran down the field to block and smacked a lb. He got attitude and we need that from that position.

One thing that does worry me is that grad passes beyond 20 yards seems to not have a nice touch on it. Is it his accuracy or timing?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 15, 2006, 06:09:22 PM

Both.   He's a rookie!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#2 : October 15, 2006, 06:12:17 PM

He doesn't have the arm like Simms.

#3 : October 15, 2006, 06:16:15 PM

He was a bit jittery at times and it looked like he was forcing those throws, not stepping into them as he should have.  He played a decent game, and he has stuff to look at on tape for next week.  ;)

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 15, 2006, 07:22:52 PM

I think they may have opened up the playbook alot more causing a little confusion on his part.  They need to remember he is only a rook and only add a little each week.  This kid will be good.

grefly

Starter

#5 : October 15, 2006, 07:32:05 PM

IMO, he was trying to get the ball to the receiver too quickly, and his accuracy suffered. He was throwing passes at a velocity beyond what is comfortable for him.

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 15, 2006, 07:32:47 PM

He doesn't have the arm like Simms.
Yeah, he can't hit the D Linemen in the hands like that.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#7 : October 15, 2006, 07:35:45 PM

I think they may have opened up the playbook alot more causing a little confusion on his part.  They need to remember he is only a rook and only add a little each week.  This kid will be good.

You know I don't think so. I think the opposite happened. Today, we didn't open the playbook like we did against the Saints and we didn't have as many guys out in routes, we didn't have as many options, and we didn't have as many guys open. We were really using a lot of the 2-3 TE sets that we got away from last week. We also weren't using rollout plays like we did last week which again I think was closing up parts of the playbook.

We were sort of lucky to win that game offensively. We just didn't make mistakes. Defensively we played well and stopped the run for the most part which helped. In all honesty though, I think the Bengals didn't play well and that is why we won. In another week I would say that they probably beat us.

Sactobuc

Starter

#8 : October 15, 2006, 08:06:57 PM

Interesting point of view Option.

Different week huh, thank goodness we don't have to .....

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 15, 2006, 11:41:06 PM

to be honest I thought we didn't play well on offense but our dee was lights out.

bucs8ball

Starter

#10 : October 16, 2006, 12:31:08 AM

I thought the ballsiest Grad play was the face mask after the phantom interception. Nothing better than a QB ripping someone's helmet off. Worth 15 yards everytime.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did anybody see Gradkowski hit? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools