Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Firm Salary cap. Does it make the offseason more interesting? « previous next »
Page: 1

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

: January 25, 2007, 12:44:40 PM

??? I believe the Salary cap has made the NFL so much better then what it would be without it.
It has taken the league from the attitude from boys with toys to managers with responsibility.

Free agents is no longer why did we not get a player over another team but more along the lines as to weather that player would have been worth that much to our salary cap. I love it.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 25, 2007, 01:26:01 PM

agree, big difference in MLB compared to NFL.  Thats why the NFL is so much better.  Its about who can run the best organization from top to bottom.  Not who has the most money.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 25, 2007, 01:59:49 PM

NFL has the best offseason becuase the NBA cap makes no friggin' sense with all the exceptions and Bird Rules, the MLB off-season is just a big raffles to see which large market teams suck up all the FA's.

What would make football FA a lot better is if there were much better information on the cap value and savings on players since that would allow for a much more informed discussion. This page: http://www.finheaven.com/seasonal/miami-dolphins-salary-cap-2006.php is greatness but I'd love it if there was a site with this info for all the NFL teams.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Firm Salary cap. Does it make the offseason more interesting? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools