Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1040 on Cutler « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: March 13, 2009, 03:06:48 PM

I'd much rather give up the 19th pick for Cutler than use it for Freeman or Sanchez.

There is not a person on the planet that wouldn't agree with this statement.  

Of course, that's because it makes sense. I'd like to see the Bucs do more trading of picks for young players who've shown they can play at this level.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#1 : March 13, 2009, 03:11:18 PM

I'd much rather give up the 19th pick for Cutler than use it for Freeman or Sanchez.

There is not a person on the planet that wouldn't agree with this statement. 

Of course, that's because it makes sense. I'd like to see the Bucs do more trading of picks for young players who've shown they can play at this level.

Archie Manning could play at the NFL level but never won a championship...same goes for Junior Seau

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#2 : March 12, 2009, 03:08:22 PM

Between Marc on the Swarm and the Nancy this am, 1040 is hammering the Jay Cutler to the Bucs story.  Marc puts it at 65% that Cutler will be traded and the Bucs are "players" in getting him.

No link unless espn1040.com has it recorded.  Marc is on right now.

Link for the website to listen live for the out of towners:

http://www.espn1040.com/Programs.aspx

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#3 : March 12, 2009, 03:16:21 PM

Where is he getting the 65% from?

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 12, 2009, 03:22:46 PM

Kind of a random number huh?

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#5 : March 12, 2009, 03:22:59 PM

from "Denver insider"...said he was on the phone with him today.

I've only listened to him a few weeks - he seems like a straight shooter and doens't just run a story out there without some validity to it.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 12, 2009, 03:26:21 PM

I think it is really funny how all these radio hacks claim to have "insiders"  yet they are wrong 65% of the time.  Hell, if you throw crap on the wall some of it has to stick.

NPR-BUC

Starter

#7 : March 12, 2009, 03:26:59 PM

Why not say 95% I dont believe anything until it happens.

Jay Cutler is Gay!!!! The Bears Suck!!!

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#8 : March 12, 2009, 03:27:32 PM

I wouldn't get your hopes up... it's just more disappointing when it doesn't happen.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#9 : March 12, 2009, 03:32:39 PM

I wouldn't get your hopes up... it's just more disappointing when it doesn't happen.

I beg to differ...if you haven't noticed it's very in style to get excited about a QB that hasn't won a play-off game, just like it's easy to get excited about a trade for a player that only had one decent season out of four, and we're really excited about the inexperienced HC and GM...man I can't wait until the young inexperienced players take the field and win another SuperBowl trophy..woo hoo, what's not to get excited about.

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#10 : March 12, 2009, 03:35:06 PM

The Denver/Cutler relationship is damaged big time now.  Dominik just has to offer the right "price" in the form of picks.  

What would you give up?

JC510

Practice Squad

#11 : March 12, 2009, 03:37:03 PM

There are a bunch of teams with better draft picks that would go for Cutler also. Teams like Lions, 49ers, Jets, Bears are automatic. Then you have teams St. Louis, Seattle, Jacksonville who might do it too.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 12, 2009, 03:39:47 PM

I beg to differ...if you haven't noticed it's very in style to get excited about a QB that hasn't won a play-off game, just like it's easy to get excited about a trade for a player that only had one decent season out of four, and we're really excited about the inexperienced HC and GM...man I can't wait until the young inexperienced players take the field and win another SuperBowl trophy..woo hoo, what's not to get excited about.

God forbid someone has hope for their team. I mean doom and gloom is a good way to go to.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#13 : March 12, 2009, 03:42:05 PM

God forbid someone has hope for their team. I mean doom and gloom is a good way to go to.

Because it's much easier to ignore the truth staring you in the face…Where’s the 800 pound gorilla in the room?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 12, 2009, 03:42:59 PM

I think the BUcs could be fair players in this deal.  Cutler is obviously upset, and is there a player worth paying the #1 overall salary to in this seasons draft?  Unless they really value Stafford...

But the BUcs could throw in a decent 19, and next years second, or maybe even nextyears first, and come away roses, IMO.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1040 on Cutler « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools