Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1040 on Cutler « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#120 : March 13, 2009, 04:58:34 PM

Again, why are you worrying about me when you've gone a whole minute without posting some half arsed information so someone can stroke your wittle ego and tell you thanks man...you're the best...you seem to need that more than I need decaf

Sorry, I was on the phone with Drew Rosenhaus so I was unable to post the information you're craving. I worry about you because teenagers should take time to think before they post and not resort so quickly to name-calling.

This coming from the guy that posts half arsed information basically saying "oh look at me guys I'm cool cause I'm telling you before anyone else so I must be cool". What, you being ignored over there at the house or at work so you need a message board to feel important and wanted. Leave the reporting of information about the Bucs to Scott, Jim and staff, you're paid to be the Buccaneers monkey boy so do your job and get someone a cup of coffee.

How's your imaginary friend out west doing with those trade talks?

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#121 : March 13, 2009, 05:03:37 PM

If you can get a young QB just coming off a 4K Year, you go get him. The 19th pick will likely be the 10th best defensive player in the draft. A young QB is worth more in terms of value.

Either you get that or you don't.

I understand that curt but I'm not sure I agree 100% with it...The Bucs have already given up picks for Winslow and now it's possible they're going to give up more...that's a big chunk of picks for a team with alot of needs.

Historically, the draft yields a "good" player 50% of the time in the first round, 33% in the second round, and it drops from there.

If the Bucs come out of the first 3 rounds of the draft with a young Winslow and a young Cutler that is by far the best percentage play here. 

Again, consider the age of the players here.  They are young and Pro Bowl Caliber.  It is highly unlikely that any combination of 1,2, 3 would yield 2 stars. 

As for the holes in the team, you are right.  They have many holes.  One off season wont get it done. I would rather the Bucs go for young quality then attempt to patch needs with players that by definition are less than half likely to ever become decent players. 

BTW, the Falclowns made a big splash by bringing in a running game and a young QB and made the play offs with a terrible D.   It will be a lot easier for the Bucs to recruit D players next year if they have a real offense. 

I agree with allot of what you're saying just not everything Curt and time will tell...We agree that we both want to see the Bucs winning again just the approach is a little different...Thanks for the respect and dignity of a well balanced conversation.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#122 : March 13, 2009, 05:28:09 PM

How's your imaginary friend out west doing with those trade talks?

You hadn't heard? The Bucs made a trade for a young veteran player, confirming the trade talk my contact passed on to me. You see, for your attempted slam against my contact to be effective it has to be based on information that didn't turn out to be accurate. In this case, he was right. You may want to work on your technique a bit.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#123 : March 13, 2009, 05:47:42 PM

Spit wads at 10 feet - lol - are you two still at it?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1040 on Cutler « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools