Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1040 on Cutler « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

JC510

Practice Squad

« #30 : March 12, 2009, 04:38:43 PM »

do whatever it takes cutler is your franchise quarterback for years and years to come no more quarterbacks that just "manage games"

The plan for McCown isn't just to "manage games". He's got a cannon.

kmitchell

Starter

« #31 : March 12, 2009, 04:41:38 PM »

If getting Cutler does not work out, I still have faith that Jagz can help McCown be a solid QB.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #32 : March 12, 2009, 04:44:17 PM »

I think Pete Mangurian and his O-Line are going to make whomever we have at quarterback look good.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #33 : March 12, 2009, 04:46:40 PM »

heres something else, cutler has some say in it....hes not gonna wanna go to a losing team or one where hes gonn aget beat up or have lots of media attention (bad) on him.....so i would rule out the lions and some of the fore mentioned teams...

i would be the first person to jump on the cutler bandwagon....and would get his jersey and wear it proudly in front of my bronco fan friends...

As of right now, the only known teams interested is the Bucs, Lions, and Jets. All with new coaches and new systems.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #34 : March 12, 2009, 04:51:06 PM »

I wouldn't get your hopes up... it's just more disappointing when it doesn't happen.

I beg to differ...if you haven't noticed it's very in style to get excited about a QB that hasn't won a play-off game, just like it's easy to get excited about a trade for a player that only had one decent season out of four, and we're really excited about the inexperienced HC and GM...man I can't wait until the young inexperienced players take the field and win another SuperBowl trophy..woo hoo, what's not to get excited about.

lol ... nicely said

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

« #35 : March 12, 2009, 04:51:54 PM »

Jason...Has Cutler won a Play-off game yet? How many good Seasons’ has Winslow had? Did Winslow hold out and then crash his bike? Did Winslow cause the Browns any further headaches after the Bike crash? How much experience does Dominik have running a franchise? How much experience does Morris have leading a team?

I can go on and on but the circumstances are what they are and we aren't dealing with the same level of talent on this team that won the Superbowl or the seasons leading up to it. I seriously hope that I'm wrong but when you add all of these things up it just doesn't add up to team to get excited about or one that is going to dominate on the field.

Hayes may have played at the same school as Brooks but he's nowhere near the same level of talent as Brooks was at his point in his career. The same can be said for Black. The secondary is the bright spot on the defense. The Offensive line is the bright spot for that side of the ball, the rest are all question marks with potential. You can't win on potential alone; these guys have to play at a level they're just not ready for. That's how I see it, call me a hater or whatever you want but I guarantee you I have been a fan of this team allot longer than 2/3 of this board so loyalty isn't the question here.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #36 : March 12, 2009, 04:54:04 PM »

from "Denver insider"...said he was on the phone with him today.

I've only listened to him a few weeks - he seems like a straight shooter and doens't just run a story out there without some validity to it.

no disrespect ... but the guy is a complete clown ... his schtick got real old with me fairly quickly ...  seems to run off at the mouth a little to stoke the fire so to speak ... almost like a duimig lite if you will ....

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

« #37 : March 12, 2009, 05:03:30 PM »

from "Denver insider"...said he was on the phone with him today.

I've only listened to him a few weeks - he seems like a straight shooter and doens't just run a story out there without some validity to it.

no disrespect ... but the guy is a complete clown ... his schtick got real old with me fairly quickly ...  seems to run off at the mouth a little to stoke the fire so to speak ... almost like a duimig lite if you will ....

none taken...

I wasn't sure about Marc at first, but, I think he's passionate about sports and his teams than anything.  Whereas the other guy, just rants, raves, and cries if he doesn't get his way (see Alstott not playing).  Sometimes, I'll switch over to JP on 1010, but, I avoid the hotair station like the plague.

Aspen6

Rookie
« #38 : March 12, 2009, 05:04:42 PM »

heres something else, cutler has some say in it....hes not gonna wanna go to a losing team or one where hes gonn aget beat up or have lots of media attention (bad) on him.....so i would rule out the lions and some of the fore mentioned teams...

i would be the first person to jump on the cutler bandwagon....and would get his jersey and wear it proudly in front of my bronco fan friends...

Why does Cutler have say in it? Does he have some type of provision in his contract that says he can not be traded to certain teams?

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #39 : March 12, 2009, 05:14:04 PM »

Why does Cutler have say in it? Does he have some type of provision in his contract that says he can not be traded to certain teams?

Cutler probably does have the option of what team he would want to play for whether he has a clause in his contract or not. If he doesn't want to be traded to a team, he would say so and would reject a long-term contract offer. If he isn't willing to go to a team, I doubt the team would trade for him. I'm sure he doesn't want to go to the Lions, but the Bucs may be an intriguing situation to him especially since we signed his best friend Niko Koutouvides.

gharen

Pro Bowler

« #40 : March 12, 2009, 05:17:22 PM »

Sirius Radio said earlier today that the Panthers could offer the Broncos, Peppers, Delhomme and possibly a high pick in next years draft. That would suck if we end up playing against Cutler twice a year, especially with their running game.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #41 : March 12, 2009, 05:18:54 PM »

Jason...Has Cutler won a Play-off game yet? How many good Seasons’ has Winslow had? Did Winslow hold out and then crash his bike? Did Winslow cause the Browns any further headaches after the Bike crash? How much experience does Dominik have running a franchise? How much experience does Morris have leading a team?

I can go on and on but the circumstances are what they are and we aren't dealing with the same level of talent on this team that won the Superbowl or the seasons leading up to it. I seriously hope that I'm wrong but when you add all of these things up it just doesn't add up to team to get excited about or one that is going to dominate on the field.

Hayes may have played at the same school as Brooks but he's nowhere near the same level of talent as Brooks was at his point in his career. The same can be said for Black. The secondary is the bright spot on the defense. The Offensive line is the bright spot for that side of the ball, the rest are all question marks with potential. You can't win on potential alone; these guys have to play at a level they're just not ready for. That's how I see it, call me a hater or whatever you want but I guarantee you I have been a fan of this team allot longer than 2/3 of this board so loyalty isn't the question here.

Please dont argue whether cutler is good or not. It would be completely idiotic of us not to give them what they wanted, if we could get Cutler and keep the core of this offense.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #42 : March 12, 2009, 05:40:51 PM »

Because it's much easier to ignore the truth staring you in the face…Where’s the 800 pound gorilla in the room?

It's much easier and more fun. Reality will set in if the team tanks,. But why be negative and/or depressed until/unless that happens? We're all aware of the challenges ahead this season but it's not going to stop most of us from enjoying the off season, even if we're not too thrilled with everything that has taken place so far.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #43 : March 12, 2009, 05:44:06 PM »

QB isn't the Lions biggest problems. Their lines are horrid. Their D is bad and last year looked like they had no idea what to do most the time.

That sounds like a D Coordinator issue. Good thing they fired him...
lol.  hate to be a fan of the team that hired that stiff.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

« #44 : March 12, 2009, 05:48:22 PM »

Please dont argue whether cutler is good or not. It would be completely idiotic of us not to give them what they wanted, if we could get Cutler and keep the core of this offense.

That's how you feel about Cutler, obviously I don't feel the same way...neither is idiotic.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1040 on Cutler « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools