Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cap Room « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« : January 25, 2007, 02:05:29 PM »

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

I know SR had a cap figure set of numbers for insiders but I didn't recall anything being tossed out for the rest of the world. (BTW, the CAR figure is not missing an "m" they are $3.10 over the cap right now)

Projected 2007 NFL Salary Cap Space for Each Team
Rank   Team   $ Under the Cap
1 San Francisco 49ers $42.1 M
2 Buffalo Bills $39.7 M
3 Arizona Cardinals $36.7 M
4 Tennessee Titans $36 M
5 Cleveland Browns $33.305 M
6 St. Louis Rams $31.98 M
7 Minnesota Vikings $31.5 M
8 Jacksonville Jaguars $31 M
9 Cincinnati Bengals $28.8 M
10 NY Jets $28.455 M
11 Green Bay Packers $28.36 M
12 New England Patriots $26.98 M
13 Chicago Bears $26.9 M
14 New Orleans Saints $26 M
15 San Diego Chargers $24.6 M
16 Tampa Bay Buccaneers $23.985 M
17 Seattle Seahawks $21.9 M
18 Dallas Cowboys $21.5 M
19 Houston Texans $19.8 M
20 Miami Dolphins $17.8 M
21 NY Giants $15.7 M
22 Detroit Lions $15.1 M
23 Oakland Raiders $14.105 M
24 Philadelphia Eagles $12.4 M
25 Atlanta Falcons $11.5 M
26 Denver Broncos $7.6 M
27 Kansas City Chiefs $7 M
28 Baltimore Ravens $5.7 M
29 Indianapolis Colts $4.9 M
30 Pittsburgh Steelers $1.44 M
31 Carolina Panthers $-3.1
32 Washington Redskins $-2.388 M

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #1 : January 25, 2007, 02:07:16 PM »

The Cardinals cap space is about to be eaten up.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 25, 2007, 02:09:35 PM »

It's mighty painful being about $24 million under the cap and only being in the middle of the pack.  That's why I'm just not convinced that Rice won't be back here next year.  Yeah, he has a rather extraordinary salary, but are we really going to be able to find value for with the extra cap space cutting him would provide?  It seems to me it may be hard for the team to spend the $24M they already have available.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

« #3 : January 25, 2007, 02:11:05 PM »

So Dal did key get a signing bonus and if so if he retires they are screwed right?

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #4 : January 25, 2007, 02:11:51 PM »

It's mighty painful being about $24 million under the cap and only being in the middle of the pack.  That's why I'm just not convinced that Rice won't be back here next year.  Yeah, he has a rather extraordinary salary, but are we really going to be able to find value for with the extra cap space cutting him would provide?  It seems to me it may be hard for the team to spend the $24M they already have available.

We should save our cap space until we are a contender.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

« #5 : January 25, 2007, 02:13:03 PM »

It dosent roll over and there is no benefit to not try and sign some dudes who can play

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 25, 2007, 02:14:03 PM »

Save it?  You don't get to roll over unused cap space.  Rice is in the last year of his contract anyways, so we'd basically be "saving" it by keeping him anyways.  Not to mention we might actually be able to get a decent compensentory pick if we let him play out his contract rather than cutting him this offseason.

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #7 : January 25, 2007, 02:22:08 PM »

Save it?  You don't get to roll over unused cap space.  

It does rollover in a way. If we used all of our cap space signing big name players, their salaries will increase faster than the cap will every year.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 25, 2007, 02:26:32 PM »

If right there is $673m kicking about in free agency and that is before guys get cut and released to create even more room and last I checked 150 free agents or about $4.5m per free agent.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

« #9 : January 25, 2007, 03:58:19 PM »

Gotta love the position of the Falgoons and Panters!  :)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 25, 2007, 04:02:24 PM »

It's mighty painful being about $24 million under the cap and only being in the middle of the pack.  That's why I'm just not convinced that Rice won't be back here next year.  Yeah, he has a rather extraordinary salary, but are we really going to be able to find value for with the extra cap space cutting him would provide?  It seems to me it may be hard for the team to spend the $24M they already have available.

Save it?  You don't get to roll over unused cap space.  Rice is in the last year of his contract anyways, so we'd basically be "saving" it by keeping him anyways.  Not to mention we might actually be able to get a decent compensentory pick if we let him play out his contract rather than cutting him this offseason.

True, but you can work "not likely to be earned" bonuses into player's contracts that count against the current cap, but are "refunded", at least in part, when those incentives aren't reached.  The Eagles have been doing this for years.

leeroyselmon07

Starter

« #11 : January 25, 2007, 04:07:28 PM »

2 of our divison teams are between 25 and 32. That is great

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 25, 2007, 04:09:25 PM »

is there a list of NFL free agents any where

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #13 : January 25, 2007, 04:13:54 PM »

True, but you can work "not likely to be earned" bonuses into player's contracts that count against the current cap, but are "refunded", at least in part, when those incentives aren't reached. The Eagles have been doing this for years.

That's half right.  The trick is to give players incentives that the league classifies as LTBE but actually aren't.  LTBE bonuses count against the cap immediately and are refunded if they aren't met.  NLTBE bonuses don't count until they're actually met.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

« #14 : January 25, 2007, 04:14:48 PM »

is there a list of NFL free agents any where

if you google it you can find it, but here are some

Asante Samuel-CB
Dwight Freeney-DE
Cato June-LB
Lance Briggs-LB
Jared Allen-RFA-DE
Nate Clements-CB
Jeff Garcia-QB
Adalius Thomas-LB
Ken Hamlin-S
Kevin Curtis-WR
Drew Bennett-WR
Damon Huard-QB

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cap Room « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools