Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cap Room « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
« #15 : January 25, 2007, 04:23:29 PM »

Dalbuc - while that $600+ number is scary, there are a lot teams on that list who are perennial cheapskates who won't spend the money.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

« #16 : January 25, 2007, 06:21:13 PM »

If I could dfream a little, Hamlin- Briggs  and  Freeney are on my top of my  list..   Garcia also

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
« #17 : January 25, 2007, 06:53:05 PM »

It rolls over depending on how you look at it. If we were to end next year $10M under the cap, then we are that figure+any expiring contracts+any cap increase under the cap for the next league year.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #18 : January 25, 2007, 07:39:05 PM »

29 Indianapolis Colts $4.9 M

Surely there is no way they can resign both Freeney and June? In fact, can they afford to sign either?

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 25, 2007, 07:46:50 PM »

True, but you can work "not likely to be earned" bonuses into player's contracts that count against the current cap, but are "refunded", at least in part, when those incentives aren't reached. The Eagles have been doing this for years.

That's half right. The trick is to give players incentives that the league classifies as LTBE but actually aren't. LTBE bonuses count against the cap immediately and are refunded if they aren't met. NLTBE bonuses don't count until they're actually met.

Thanks for clarifying

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #20 : January 25, 2007, 09:09:04 PM »

29 Indianapolis Colts $4.9 M

Surely there is no way they can resign both Freeney and June? In fact, can they afford to sign either?

What we don't know now if how many dead weight players any of these teams can cut. There might be, and I have no idea, some backup on the Colts with a  $10m salary. There's a lot of room now but I'm sure more will be cleared as the free agent period opens. That said, it will be tough for the Colts to keep Freeney and June and I suspect they push to keep Freeny over June because, well, he's a freak.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #21 : January 25, 2007, 09:10:08 PM »

Teams even at the bottom can generate cap space with some cuts and restructures.  How will all that cap space be used? Players will be overpaid in free agency.  Welcome to a brave new world.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #22 : January 25, 2007, 09:13:33 PM »

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

(BTW, the CAR figure is not missing an "m" they are $3.10 over the cap right now)

They can make a run at TO and pay him what he's worth.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cap Room « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools