Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB Freeman impresses at proday « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: March 13, 2009, 11:23:45 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Josh Freeman-QB- Player Mar. 13 - 11:10 am et

Kansas State QB Josh Freeman put on a "tremendous" Pro Day showing, according to NFL Network's Mike Mayock.

Freeman is going to work out well with no pads on throwing on his home turf because he has a huge arm and is built like a video game quarterback. He wasn't all that great at the Combine, though, and it's still hard to imagine him going in round one unless some team pulls the trigger on Mark Sanchez very early.
Source: Profootballtalk.com 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 13, 2009, 11:24:03 AM

From PFT:

FREEMAN MOVING UP THE BOARD?
Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2009, 11:04 a.m. EDT
In a Friday morning appearance on The Dan Patrick Show, NFL Network draft guru Mike Mayock said that Kansas State quarterback Josh Freeman has moved into round-one territory after putting in a “tremendous” Pro Day workout on Thursday.

The top two quarterback prospects in the draft are Georgia’s Matthew Stafford and Mark Sanchez of USC.

But some league insiders wonder whether Stafford and Sanchez are regarded as first-round talent because they genuinely merit such consideration in relation to players at other position, or simply because they’re the best two quarterbacks in a class that isn’t all that impressive.

One scout recently opined that neither Stafford nor Sanchez would be regarded as possible first-round picks in any other year.

Mayock isn’t a fan of Stafford as the potential No. 1 overall pick, to the Lions.  Mayock explained that Stafford’s performances in college were too inconsistent, despite being surrounded by elite talent.  Mayock compared Stafford to Matt Ryan and Jay Cutler, both of whom in Mayock’s opinion would try to will otherwise mediocre teams to win.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#2 : March 13, 2009, 11:33:57 AM

Please NO! I don't want Freeman!

#3 : March 13, 2009, 11:38:16 AM

and now it's getting interesting...

muh ha ha ha...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 13, 2009, 11:42:20 AM

there are a lot of QB's that can throw a 25 yard out in a t-shirt.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 13, 2009, 11:45:59 AM

Gametime, your criticism for Freeman, and your love for McCown annoys me. Please do not question his arm strength. I respect your opinion, but that is not even debatable if you have seen the guy play.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 13, 2009, 11:47:59 AM

where have i criticized freeman?  and where have i shouted my love for mccown?  where did i question freemans arm strength?

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#7 : March 13, 2009, 11:49:07 AM

Freeman was talked about with that size and arm as being a QB to look good in workouts. Kind of different than when somebody watches his game playing, pass on making a 2nd round talent a 1st round franchise QB.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#8 : March 13, 2009, 11:49:25 AM

Gametime, your criticism for Freeman, and your love for McCown annoys me. Please do not question his arm strength. I respect your opinion, but that is not even debatable if you have seen the guy play.

I have seen him play and I don't like it! No question the guy has a strong arm..Just don't like his decision making skills IMO

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 13, 2009, 11:50:21 AM

I know but I was talking about his arm.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 13, 2009, 11:51:29 AM

If you don't call that criticism, you need to re evaluate your posts.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 13, 2009, 11:58:09 AM

or you need to re-evaluate your bias?  i said he CAN throw a 25 yard out.  that isnt criticizing.  physical attributes are needed, but not the key ingredient in a QB.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 13, 2009, 11:59:03 AM

Prepare to welcome new Bucs rookie QB Josh Freeman.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#13 : March 13, 2009, 12:01:43 PM

Prepare to welcome new Bucs rookie QB Josh Freeman.

DTG you think he will be that much better then JJ to warrant a 19th overall pick??

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 13, 2009, 12:03:06 PM

DTG you think he will be that much better then JJ to warrant a 19th overall pick??

I have no idea.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB Freeman impresses at proday « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools