Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB Freeman impresses at proday « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#105 : November 28, 2011, 02:54:17 PM

Exactly. College stats mean next to nothing.

You'd be hard pressed to find an NFL "Franchise QB" that didn't perform well in college.
Then how did he do what he did last season? College football is an extremely uneven playing field and Freeman played for a team whose coach lost the players and had marginal talent compared to the conference's heavyweights.

Maybe he won't be a "Franchise QB", but you have to play someone, and considering the other options available to this team post-2008, they're managing ok with Freeman.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#106 : November 28, 2011, 04:20:20 PM

Exactly. College stats mean next to nothing.

You'd be hard pressed to find an NFL "Franchise QB" that didn't perform well in college.
Then how did he do what he did last season? College football is an extremely uneven playing field and Freeman played for a team whose coach lost the players and had marginal talent compared to the conference's heavyweights.

Maybe he won't be a "Franchise QB", but you have to play someone, and considering the other options available to this team post-2008, they're managing ok with Freeman.

First off, I don't think Freeman is/was as good as his stats last year showed... nor do I feel that he is as bad as this year shows.  I think he's somewhere in the middle.  Secondly, look at last year, they had an extremely soft schedule where they played 10 sub .500 teams.  Compared to this year where they're only going to play what, 5 or 6 sub .500 teams.  For the most part, last year's trend is still going.  They're still beating the bad teams, 2-0 against sub .500 teams (Minnesota & Indy), and 0-6 against plus .500 teams (Det, SF, Hou, Chi, Ten, and GB - not counting division opponents.  What people here aren't realizing is this team is EXACTLY the same as last years team... just that the schedule is different.  That's why Freeman "appeared to look" so good last year and "appears to look" so bad this year.  This team isn't regressing... it's failing to progress.  It's static.  Which is why there has to be change somewhere (I say Olson has to go - not just yet on Morris, I'd give him 1 more year), but that's already being discussed in other threads.

With respect to your last statement, that's the exact point I'm trying to make as to why I don't think he'll ever be a Franchise QB.  I'm fine with them giving him every opportunity to prove that he is.  I have never once called him a bust or a failure.  I've maintained my stance all 3 years.  I don't think he'll be a Franchise QB, but I'm perfectly willing to give him every opportunity to prove that he is.

To your comments about the uneven playing field in college, I get it.  If you noticed, I didn't compare him to any Oklahoma, Texas, or Missouri QB as those teams (during Freeman's tenure at KSU), were more elite teams and had more elite talent.  That's why I compared him to Iowa St, Baylor, and alike.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#107 : November 28, 2011, 04:27:37 PM

That's a fine opinion, then.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#108 : November 28, 2011, 04:38:31 PM

Without making this one of "THOSE" threads...simply put...

Free will be fine.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB Freeman impresses at proday « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools