Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB Freeman impresses at proday « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 13, 2009, 01:21:39 PM

Freeman and Josh Johnson are the same guy. �Not NFL starters IMO... �I hope for the best in Luke but if he's a franchise QB you couldn't have kept him off the field and not backing up.... �They blew out the best HC in Buc history because he didn't draft or acquire a franchise QB, so why the hell would they go with a career backup and/or a QB in the first round of a very weak QB class? �If they take a QB with 19 then this team is doomed.

For loose clarification...

Freeman = Brett Favre
Johnson = Joe Montana

Freeman's arm is huge, and he's reckless.

Johnson is very accurate and smart.

They're two completely different players.  Just because they're fast, black quarterbacks doesn't make them the same player.

ROTFLMAO!  Those two are nowhere NEAR Favre and Montana! 

*facepalm*

Don't embarrass yourself.  The comparison was merely for clarification purposes.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 13, 2009, 01:21:59 PM

Josh Johnson has a strong arm and is more like Steve Young than Montana.

#32 : March 13, 2009, 01:22:58 PM

Freeman and Josh Johnson are the same guy. �Not NFL starters IMO... �I hope for the best in Luke but if he's a franchise QB you couldn't have kept him off the field and not backing up.... �They blew out the best HC in Buc history because he didn't draft or acquire a franchise QB, so why the hell would they go with a career backup and/or a QB in the first round of a very weak QB class? �If they take a QB with 19 then this team is doomed.

Freeman = Brett Favre
Johnson = Joe Montana

They're two completely different players. Just because they're fast, black quarterbacks doesn't make them the same player.

ROTFLMAO! Those two are nowhere NEAR Favre and Montana!

I think he was reffering to the fact that one guy is a gun slinger and an INT machine

the other is a methotical pick you apart guy

would it be more accurate to say

Freeman= Jamarcus Russell

Johnson=  Brad Johnson

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 13, 2009, 01:23:55 PM

Freeman = Brett Favre
Johnson = Joe Montana

They're two completely different players. Just because they're fast, black quarterbacks doesn't make them the same player.

He wasn't comparing the 2 to them, he was stating that their strenghts/weakness resemble the 2...

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 13, 2009, 01:25:18 PM

Prepare to welcome new Bucs rookie QB Josh Freeman.
that would be nice but i think we would have to move up to take him, unless we get Cutler

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 13, 2009, 01:26:41 PM

We will either end up with Cutler or Freeman in the 1st rd...

rjdriver

Practice Squad

#36 : March 13, 2009, 01:40:51 PM

"a 6-foot-2, 223-pounder with a good arm and an even better disposition, a sure Top 10 pick in the draft.

"He's always been an outstanding athlete, he's always been a playmaker, he's always been someone who's been able to take off and run with the football," said Tom Donahoe, the director of football operations for the Pittsburgh Steelers. "But where he made significant strides this year was in his ability to throw the football."

That's often been a rap on option quarterbacks. Because they don't always have to throw, they don't develop the reputation for arm strength and accuracy that many drop-back quarterbacks -- guys like Kentucky's Tim Couch -- do. "

Based on the above would you draft this guy?????

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/1999/nfldraft/news/1999/04/12/mcnabb/

SecureBuc

Second String

#37 : March 13, 2009, 01:57:19 PM

Alex Smith had an amzing pro day and we saw how that worked out.......   Its all about instincts and decision making which you can not evaluate at a Pro Day...

I would PASS on Freeman

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 13, 2009, 01:57:54 PM

But some league insiders wonder whether Stafford and Sanchez are regarded as first-round talent because they genuinely merit such consideration in relation to players at other position, or simply because they�re the best two quarterbacks in a class that isn�t all that impressive.

One scout recently opined that neither Stafford nor Sanchez would be regarded as possible first-round picks in any other year.

seems like this is said almost every year.  if the qualifier for a "legit" 1st-round QB is a franchise player, most years there won't be one.  just because you wish for it in a year when you hold a high pick that doesn't make it so.

i'm waiting for the year when people stop pumping up QBs in the draft and the entire first round goes by without one being selected.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 13, 2009, 02:09:51 PM

Freeman = Brett Favre
Johnson = Joe Montana

*facepalm*

Don't embarrass yourself. The comparison was merely for clarification purposes.

Still, even mentioning their names with the likes of such greatness is laughable. 

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 13, 2009, 02:26:23 PM

Freeman = Brett Favre
Johnson = Joe Montana

*facepalm*

Still, even mentioning their names with the likes of such greatness is laughable. 

No, it's not.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 13, 2009, 02:30:23 PM

Freeman = Brett Favre
Johnson = Joe Montana

*facepalm*

No, it's not.

Made me laugh

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 13, 2009, 02:31:38 PM

Freeman = Brett Favre
Johnson = Joe Montana

*facepalm*

No, it's not.

Made me laugh

Because you fell just short of understanding.

Kazmir06

Rookie

#43 : March 13, 2009, 02:37:18 PM

If we are really that interested in Freeman i say lets see if we can trade down in the first round and pick up a second or third round pick depending on how far down we trade and then get him late in the first round and now we have another pick id be very surprised if he wasnt there around the 25-30th pick

#44 : March 13, 2009, 02:40:34 PM

Since there seem to be some comparisons going on in this thread and I'm bored...

I posted this in the ...Sanchez thread...   My $.02.

...I actually prefer Freeman over Sanchez if I had to choose.   JF is durable, big, mobile, and can make the throws and is relatively accurate with a much less than stellar supporting cast.   Given that Luke could be the starter for 2009 - that will allow JF to make the appropriate transition (about a season.)  This kid needs confidence...

Sanchez just doesn't have enough experience and I would guess that he'd take a minimum of two years to be NFL ready.  Not sure I personally would want to wait that long. This kid's achilles heel is his confidence.

Laugh if you will...

Freeman reminds me of Rothlisberger

Sanchez reminds me of Carr

oh yeah - cut Griese.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB Freeman impresses at proday « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools