Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What If... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
: January 25, 2007, 03:56:19 PM

I don't want to give out PI info, but the topic says we are looking at 3 QB's so I'll ask... What if we don't end up with any of the 3 come draft day?  We walk into the draft with the exact QB rotation we started with this season.  Would you guys be against picking up Quinn or Russell if they fell to us?

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 25, 2007, 03:59:54 PM

yes do not draft a QB no QB. You are looking at a 3-5 year project when you do that. Also QB have a huge risk factor with them

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 25, 2007, 04:00:56 PM

yes do not draft a QB no QB. You are looking at a 3-5 year project when you do that. Also QB have a huge risk factor with them

So does every other position.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#3 : January 25, 2007, 04:01:58 PM

I like the idea of taking Russell or Quinn if Johnson and/or Thomas is off the board.  I like Russell the most of the two, I don't think there is a problem with taking a franchise QB.  

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 25, 2007, 04:02:59 PM

I think we will be looking for a draft-day trade in that case.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 25, 2007, 04:03:29 PM

Absolutely.

IMO, any QB and WR are not "prime needs", this year., definitely not on day 1

Wherever they come from, FA or draft, we need a LT, DT, DE, S, LB, C and DT.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 25, 2007, 04:05:08 PM

I don't think it would take Quinn 3 years to digest the playbook. Russell I could see....but Quinn wouldn't need to sit more than 2 yrs.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 25, 2007, 04:06:18 PM

Absolutely.

IMO, any QB and WR are not "prime needs", this year., definitely not on day 1

Wherever they come from, FA or draft, we need a LT, DT, DE, S, LB, C and DT.

So if nothing at all changed from our horrible QB play this season you still wouldn't consider it a prime need?

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 25, 2007, 04:07:10 PM

Assuming no FA acquisitions in the OL and DL, Round 1 and 2a need to both go to linemen unless the board is clear of the good'uns.  DL and OL are where we need to focus with those 2.  I expect the QB to come out of FA.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 25, 2007, 04:08:00 PM

Assuming no FA acquisitions in the OL and DL, Round 1 and 2a need to both go to linemen unless the board is clear of the good'uns. DL and OL are where we need to focus with those 2. I expect the QB to come out of FA.

The QB is not going to come from FA.  That is the whole premise to the post.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 25, 2007, 04:13:32 PM

Leroy,

Read Flynn's FF of today. According to him a QB isn't coming from the draft-at least in the early rounds.

And yes I don't like Simms either-but he may be serviceable. Our OL and Dline are not, at this point.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#11 : January 25, 2007, 04:14:07 PM

I don't thing drafting a QB in this draft would be the best thing to do for next season but as an overall improvement to the teams future I think it might be a great move.  If you can get a John Elway/Peyton Manning/Dan Marino/etc you take them.  I really don't see how people say it is not a need.  We don't have a franchise QB yet so how is it not a need?  Ofcourse if there is a great trade out there you have to consider it but I don't mind us drafting longterm.  I would hate to think Gruden and Allen are only drafting for next year and not looking at the longterm future of the team.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#12 : January 25, 2007, 04:16:13 PM

I would like the idea of somehow trading back a little ways and drafting Levi Brown, i think he will be solid, more than Joe thomas, i think JT will be a injury bust

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 25, 2007, 04:19:10 PM

Leroy,

Read Flynn's FF of today. According to him a QB isn't coming from the draft-at least in the early rounds.

And yes I don't like Simms either-but he may be serviceable. Our OL and Dline are not, at this point.

I read it.  I wasn't asking Jim.  I was asking the board.  They and the coaching staff are also basing that on the premise that we get one of those three. 

bklynbucs11

Starter

#14 : January 25, 2007, 04:27:58 PM

I don't thing drafting a QB in this draft would be the best thing to do for next season but as an overall improvement to the teams future I think it might be a great move.  If you can get a John Elway/Peyton Manning/Dan Marino/etc you take them.  I really don't see how people say it is not a need.  We don't have a franchise QB yet so how is it not a need?  Ofcourse if there is a great trade out there you have to consider it but I don't mind us drafting longterm.  I would hate to think Gruden and Allen are only drafting for next year and not looking at the longterm future of the team.

Can you show me one? Russell's not falling to us, and even if he does,. I don't consider him a franchise signal caller. i don't think this offense has the tools on the offensive line, and the receiving core (I am giving Michael Clayton until week 8 of 2007 season before i officially call him a career-ending bust) to excel. Taking Joe Thomas or Calvin should be a leap of extreme proportions in the right direction.

That said - I wouldn't mind Drew Stanton in the 2nd. Brady Quinn and JaMarcus russell - I'm not sold on either. Especially not on Quinn.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What If... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools