Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agency Frustration Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 17

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
: March 14, 2009, 07:30:35 PM

I was on the fence with MD but its looking like guy is really whiffing on free agents. Some might say some of the guys aren't worth it or they were "meh" type players fact of the matter is the team thought they were good enough to visit so we must have wanted them. His chart of a players worth is arse backwards and is forcing him to have to draft from a position of need and not BPA.

Lots of holes coulda been patched in Free agency but haven't even been looked at. Lost out on Big Al, Vilma,Washington now we can't even get 2nd and 3rd tier guys in some of whom have played for some of the coachs(Paymah for Bates).  Sorry about my mini rant,but at least I lasted 2 weeks into Free agency to go on it. Now you guys can rip me apart.
: July 28, 2011, 04:33:44 PM PRPatrol

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

kmitchell

Starter

#1 : March 14, 2009, 07:47:11 PM

Lots of holes coulda been patched in Free agency but haven't even been looked at. Lost out on Big Al, Vilma,Washington now we can't even get 2nd and 3rd tier guys in some of whom have played for some of the coachs(Paymah for Bates).  Sorry about my mini rant,but at least I lasted 2 weeks into Free agency to go on it. Now you guys can rip me apart.

Big Al chose the Skins over us, even though we offered a ton of money. If Big Al knew that they would cut Taylor, I bet he would have signed with us. Vilma was not going to come here to play OLB, he wanted to stay as MLB. Washington is no more than a #3 WR, that isn't a big miss. We got the best FA RB, and traded for a young elite TE. That isn't bad.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#2 : March 14, 2009, 07:52:22 PM

We traded for a often hurt, moody, young TE, and we gave up a lot to get him for a team that wants to build through the draft. And if Vilma didn't want to play OLB, we should have never targeted him in the first place.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 14, 2009, 07:55:54 PM

Not bad but not really good either. Neither were really positions of need like Dline,CB and WR. You could say MC is no more than a #3 but got paid like a good #2. Its bigger than some of us think because it will affect the way the team drafts to me that's bigger than free agency but free agency dictates what you do in the draft no matter how you cut it!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 14, 2009, 07:59:35 PM

For a second I thought this thread was about Pat Burrell with two strikes...

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 14, 2009, 08:02:55 PM

lmao Boid. Just my FF syndrome kicking in (Frustrated Fan) we all have those moments.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 14, 2009, 08:08:17 PM

So we are going to have rookies on the DL. Unproven players at LB. And rookies at CB?

We are going to have to score 30+ points a game to have a chance at winning anything this year.

You can't expect all your draft picks to pan out into proven guys. It doesnt work that way no matter how well you draft. They should have kept Brooks and June on the roster one last year so that we have time to find someone to replace them.

Sorry, but you cut a hall of famer... you don't get better. Ask Green Bay.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 14, 2009, 08:17:16 PM

hey boid...

im a die hard Phillies fan, and Im telling you...you'll enjoy Pat the Bat..

he isn't the greatest, but hell get his 30 HRs, 90 RBIs for ya....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 14, 2009, 08:19:37 PM

hey boid...

Badabing, ask anyone around here, I am a DIE HARD Philly fan.

And Pat The Bat is a choke artist with two strikes.  He has some good steroid free lumber, but the man is awful with 2 strikes.

Grateful for what he did in Philly though.  Got us a WS to brag on!

PHILS BABY!!

kmitchell

Starter

#9 : March 14, 2009, 08:22:08 PM

We traded for a often hurt, moody, young TE, and we gave up a lot to get him for a team that wants to build through the draft. And if Vilma didn't want to play OLB, we should have never targeted him in the first place.

A staph infection from filthy training facilities is something I would be pissed about too. We needed a possession target to move the chains badly, and we got it.

BucsMagic64

Starter

#10 : March 14, 2009, 08:22:31 PM

Free Agency is just fool's gold. You don't win championships by signing every FA under the sun. Ask the Redskins, hell the 49ers have been FA crazy with some big deals and it's done nothing. You win championships in the draft. Plus, something people don't think about.......our entire o-line can become FAs in the next 2-3 years. How are we going to keep all these guys if we don't have any cap space because we spent it all on overrated moneygrubbers in FA?

noone

Rookie

#11 : March 14, 2009, 08:46:28 PM

You know every team has staph infections, they are just not always reported, it's the price of doing business.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 14, 2009, 08:47:40 PM

hey boid...

And Pat The Bat is a choke artist with two strikes.  He has some good steroid free lumber, but the man is awful with 2 strikes.

I'll do you one better, as a Braves fan:

Jeff Francoeur.

He is Andruw Jones part II with two strikes in the clutch.  This kid kills me!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 14, 2009, 08:51:44 PM

hey boid...

And Pat The Bat is a choke artist with two strikes.  He has some good steroid free lumber, but the man is awful with 2 strikes.

I'll do you one better, as a Braves fan:

Jeff Francoeur.

He is Andruw Jones part II with two strikes in the clutch.  This kid kills me!!
The Frenchman.

Yeah...

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 14, 2009, 09:24:03 PM

Boid....

yea but I'm going to miss Pat the Bat taking walks down to first base.

Rays Fans---get used to it....Pat likes to walk haha.

BTW, is he a DH or LF for the Rays?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agency Frustration Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools