Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For years fans clamored for th Bucs to develop their younger players.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

: March 17, 2009, 10:53:13 PM

I want younger talent to be brought up or signed buuuut..................not all at once with no veteran leadership mixed in.

dont see to many teams running to sign that veteran leadership that was cut..

just a thought.

I meant bringing in some rather than keep who we have, because if they field a team of mainly 2nd year players & rookies on defense we're in for alot of butt whoopins this year.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 15, 2009, 08:22:13 PM

And now that the plan is to develop younger players, the fans are clamoring for more veterans, free agents and "proven talent".

So which is it, Buc fans?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 15, 2009, 08:49:53 PM

Not sold on Wash but Nunn seems like an upgrade and has worked with Bates before..

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 15, 2009, 08:48:13 PM

And now that the plan is to develop younger players, the fans are clamoring for more veterans, free agents and "proven talent".

A freakin' DT would be nice - doesn't have to be the high priced spread - just one who is a little better than NFL average - so the buccs can pick Percy Harvin and not feel bad about ignoring the OBVIOUS.

Maybe we have one in Dre Moore or Peterson...maybe we'll grab one in the draft. I think the team understands the holes it needs to fill.
I hope both Moore and Peterson shine - as to understanding the holes it needs to fill - I would sure they know the holes and how to fill them THIS year.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 15, 2009, 08:25:46 PM

I want younger talent to be brought up or signed buuuut..................not all at once with no veteran leadership mixed in.

Scurvy

Practice Squad

#5 : March 15, 2009, 08:27:19 PM

One always wants what one doesn't have...whether one needs it or not.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 15, 2009, 08:28:07 PM

A freakin' DT would be nice - doesn't have to be the high priced spread - just one who is a little better than NFL average - so the buccs can pick Percy Harvin and not feel bad about ignoring the OBVIOUS.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 15, 2009, 08:31:03 PM

I want better young talent

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 15, 2009, 08:44:39 PM

Maybe we have one in Dre Moore or Peterson...maybe we'll grab one in the draft. I think the team understands the holes it needs to fill.

I'm anxious to see how the adjustment in philosophy and the upgrade in coaching will affect the play of the DL this season.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 15, 2009, 08:42:40 PM

I want better young talent

How do you know what we have if our previous regime only played veterans and didn't give the young guys a chance? Earnest Graham says hello.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 15, 2009, 09:15:24 PM

The Bucs are already thinking ahead. They know what's around the corner next year, some serious studs at DT. Gerald McCoy, Marvin Auston, Ndamukong Suh, Arthur Jones, Terrence Cody, and Vince Oghobaase? Seven potential first round prospects, that's insane.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 15, 2009, 09:32:50 PM

Wow - you really think the buccs FO is thinking about next year's draft?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 15, 2009, 09:40:34 PM

Wow - you really think the buccs FO is thinking about next year's draft?

Yeah, to some extent.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 15, 2009, 09:51:18 PM

I have no problem with young players being brought along, but not all at once.  And I'd rather that Gruden were still the coach.   

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 15, 2009, 09:52:11 PM

I have no problem with young players being brought along, but not all at once. And I'd rather that Gruden were still the coach.

Or at least a coach that has been at least a coordinator before.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For years fans clamored for th Bucs to develop their younger players.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools