Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN - Tampa needs to nab Cutler « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Snook

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 16, 2009, 08:33:55 AM

Until he proves it, Quinn isn't anything close to being a "legit QB".  That's just ridiculous.

And I'm sure the Broncos would agree.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 16, 2009, 08:36:10 AM

Until he proves it, Quinn isn't anything close to being a "legit QB".  That's just ridiculous.

And I'm sure the Broncos would agree.

If Denver trades Cutler they're going to want a QB in return. Cleveland is in the best position of any potential suitors to offer that. Let's not forget McDaniels' connection with Charlie Weis.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 16, 2009, 08:43:46 AM

Who's to say Cleveland is even willing to give up Quinn?  Especially if he's such a "legit QB"?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 16, 2009, 08:49:42 AM

If you were DEN what would you want for Cutler keeping in mind that he's now basically damaged good so his price is down?

If I'm DEN I think this years 1, next years 2, Ruud and LM and I might be greedy and toss in this year's 3.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

RatDog

Starter

#19 : March 16, 2009, 08:50:50 AM

Who's to say Cleveland is even willing to give up Quinn? Especially if he's such a "legit QB"?

Would you be willing to give up Quinn and a few draft picks for Cutler? Yeah I thought so....

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 16, 2009, 08:58:20 AM

Who's to say Cleveland is even willing to give up Quinn?  Especially if he's such a "legit QB"?
It's been rumored for weeks now Mankok's not that big a fan of him or Anderson. Cleveland's current regime had no hand in drafting or signing either guy. They may not be interested in dealing Quinn, but if they can get Cutler by parting with Anderson or Quinn you bet they'll do it.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 16, 2009, 09:01:32 AM

Who's to say Cleveland is even willing to give up Quinn? Especially if he's such a "legit QB"?

Would you be willing to give up Quinn and a few draft picks for Cutler? Yeah I thought so....

But Quinn is the almighty QB!  Why give him up?

Snook

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 16, 2009, 09:02:30 AM

You Quinn lovers can't have it both ways - he can't be such a great QB AND be thought of so low by Cleveland that they're willing to give him up.

Its one or the other - NOT both.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 16, 2009, 09:04:41 AM

You Quinn lovers can't have it both ways - he can't be such a great QB AND be thought of so low by Cleveland that they're willing to give him up.

I said if given the choice I'd take Cutler. That said I think Quinn is more talented than anything on our roster.

abellwillring

Second String

#24 : March 16, 2009, 09:05:38 AM

A guy who's started 3 games in his career with a 50% completion percentage and a 65.8 career QB rating is a "legit QB"?

Wow.

With QBs, it matters less about performance and more about the name.  He is an established name who hasn't had enough opportunities to be labeled as a bust.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#25 : March 16, 2009, 09:07:21 AM

A guy who's started 3 games in his career with a 50% completion percentage and a 65.8 career QB rating is a "legit QB"?

Wow.

With QBs, it matters less about performance and more about the name.  He is an established name who hasn't had enough opportunities to be labeled as a bust.

You can't be serious. Where'd you come up with an idea like that? In this league QB performance is always what matters!

Snook

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 16, 2009, 09:07:34 AM

I said if given the choice I'd take Cutler. That said I think Quinn is more talented than anything on our roster.

Well, then that's where we differ.  I think Brady Quinn is a joke.

If he played anywhere but Notre Dame under Weis, no one would even care about the guy.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 16, 2009, 09:08:50 AM

I'm no huge Luke McCown fan, but its funny how people around here rag on the guy for his play in limited starts, yet give Brady Quinn such a benefit of the doubt...

abellwillring

Second String

#28 : March 16, 2009, 09:12:23 AM

Wow.

With QBs, it matters less about performance and more about the name. He is an established name who hasn't had enough opportunities to be labeled as a bust.

You can't be serious. Where'd you come up with an idea like that? In this league QB performance is always what matters!

I am talking trade value.  A 1st round guy with a stellar college career is going to draw more interest than another young one who played at a lower tier school in college, was drafted in a late round and also hasn't been a starter but played a bit more in a back up role.  This is a fact.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 16, 2009, 09:14:27 AM

I am talking trade value.  A 1st round guy with a stellar college career is going to draw more interest than another young one who played at a lower tier school in college, was drafted in a late round and also hasn't been a starter but played a bit more in a back up role.  This is a fact.

So let's go sign Ryan Leaf and then trade him to Denver!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN - Tampa needs to nab Cutler « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools