Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN - Tampa needs to nab Cutler « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Snook

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 16, 2009, 09:18:49 AM

A key unknown here is the relationship between Denver and Tampa.

How did Tampa get involved with this originally?  Who originated the trade talks in the first place? 

Afterall, you could've inserted a slew of teams into the 3-way trade with New England and Denver involving Cassel and Cutler.

But why was it indeed Tampa?  Until we know that, I don't think can reasonably say what's going to happen.

As we found out in the Cassel to KC trade, a lot of what happens is due to relationships between GMs and teams.

Hopefully, Denver does us a favor.  Keep in mind, they almost did!

abellwillring

Second String

#31 : March 16, 2009, 09:28:50 AM

I am talking trade value. A 1st round guy with a stellar college career is going to draw more interest than another young one who played at a lower tier school in college, was drafted in a late round and also hasn't been a starter but played a bit more in a back up role. This is a fact.

So let's go sign Ryan Leaf and then trade him to Denver!

See previous post: He is an established name who hasn't had enough opportunities to be labeled as a bust.[/b]

Snook

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 16, 2009, 09:40:44 AM

See previous post: He is an established name who hasn't had enough opportunities to be labeled as a bust.[/b]

It was a joke.

And you'll learn, that around here, a player is a bust if he doesn't go to the Pro Bowl in his rookie season...

If Brady Quinn were a Buc, MANY here would've already labeled him a bust.

NPR-BUC

Starter

#33 : March 16, 2009, 09:41:56 AM

I agree with the above comments. Give up this years and next years #1 picks.

Jay Cutler is Gay!!!! The Bears Suck!!!

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 16, 2009, 09:42:03 AM

So now I'm seeing a report that the Broncos have stated they don't want draft picks for Cutler...(without that making sense) that situation would give us no hope in trading for him

NPR-BUC

Starter

#35 : March 16, 2009, 09:44:30 AM

were screwed then.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 16, 2009, 09:45:37 AM

They also say they don't want to trade him. Doesn't mean a thing.

RatDog

Starter

#37 : March 16, 2009, 09:45:53 AM

So now I'm seeing a report that the Broncos have stated they don't want draft picks for Cutler...(without that making sense) that situation would give us no hope in trading for him

They want proven players for a proven franchise QB. That sucks.....

You guys will probably shred my face off for this but maybe something like - Rudd, Sears and next years first rounder......

Zuttah is a smart young man and a hard worker, I honestly think he could step in and replace any either of our guards if needed.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 16, 2009, 09:47:32 AM

They also say they don't want to trade him. Doesn't mean a thing.

I'm sure right now they don't WANT to trade him...but its going to come down to what HAS to be done if he keeps forcing their hand

DougTheGreat

Starter

#39 : March 16, 2009, 09:49:17 AM

What else are they going to say? They've already lied once about the initial trade that fell through.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 16, 2009, 09:53:51 AM

I see the Vikings and Bears also possibly putting in a bid.

NPR-BUC

Starter

#41 : March 16, 2009, 09:57:06 AM

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/mar/16/reports-cutler-asks-broncos-trade/sports/

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#42 : March 16, 2009, 09:59:30 AM

Be great to see if we could get him. Question is how much are the bucs willing to throw at the Broncos to get him.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 16, 2009, 10:02:17 AM

And what QB would the Broncos want from either of those teams?

Give me a break.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#44 : March 16, 2009, 10:04:24 AM

And what QB would the Broncos want from either of those teams?

Give me a break.

We dont have a QB to offer either. Its going to come down to who has the best deal and who Cutler is willing to play for.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN - Tampa needs to nab Cutler « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools