Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is a difference. A big difference. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #15 : October 15, 2006, 08:58:08 PM »

this guy is the real freaking deal, I am elated hes our man

Boid, the difference is Simms had many starts and a multitude of camps to correct his wrong doings. Grads is as raw as they come. And he looks better than Lienhart AND Young.

Grads is the sht
I agree he is as raw as they come.

But for a guy who was heralded on accuracy, and known to not have a deep ball, didn't he look it today?  The negative may be true, is all I am saying.

The defense finally carried the Bucs today.  And Caddy wasn't that bad on the ground.

Glad the Bucs won is all I am saying, but I wasn't blown away by Grads performance.

simms22

Second String

« #16 : October 15, 2006, 09:00:32 PM »

I agree he is as raw as they come.

But for a guy who was heralded on accuracy, and known to not have a deep ball, didn't he look it today?  The negative may be true, is all I am saying.

The defense finally carried the Bucs today.  And Caddy wasn't that bad on the ground.

Glad the Bucs won is all I am saying, but I wasn't blown away by Grads performance.

i wasnt blown away either although he made just enough plays for us to win, i felt like we left alot of points out there today with our good field position/opportunities.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #17 : October 15, 2006, 09:00:50 PM »

Like I said in the other thread Boid...it will take some time, especially on the deep ball, to get the timing down. It looked to me like he simply misjudged the speed of his receivers. The timing will come and the deep ball will come.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #18 : October 15, 2006, 09:01:07 PM »

And yet, with all of his mistakes, his performance today was superior to ANY performance Chris Simms put up this season.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

« #19 : October 15, 2006, 09:02:17 PM »

Brad Johnson had some horrible starts in '04. He was later replaced with Griese. In Minnesota, Johnson is doing decent for himself. It's a tricky league.

simms22

Second String

« #20 : October 15, 2006, 09:03:42 PM »

And yet, with all of his mistakes, his performance today was superior to ANY performance Chris Simms put up this season.
simms wasnt great this year, but definitely had better performances last year than grads had today. I wasnt impressed with bengals defense, and i definitely think we left some points off the board today.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #21 : October 15, 2006, 09:05:01 PM »

Like I said in the other thread Boid...it will take some time, especially on the deep ball, to get the timing down. It looked to me like he simply misjudged the speed of his receivers. The timing will come and the deep ball will come.

You mean he didn't float the passes enough for Clayton to "catch up" to?  Clayton is not a speed burner, and we all witnessed that today.  He is about as "possession" as they come.  The short passes, the dinks, he looks fine.  He is designed for that stuff, and the WCO welcomes that kind of throw.

But the big knock on him is the lack of a deep arm, the lack of strength in his lobs (the mid passes).  He may be able to correct them, and I hope he does so in time, but a few of those picks looked like INTs, and don't tell me you guys didn't cringe on those lobs towards the end of the third?  They looked piss poor man.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #22 : October 15, 2006, 09:05:35 PM »

::)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #23 : October 15, 2006, 09:08:55 PM »

Roll your eyes all you like, but my statement is completely factual.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #24 : October 15, 2006, 09:09:19 PM »

Was he piss poor when he toss that 50 yder to Joey against the Saints.

It was the guy's fricking second start in the NFL, man. Expecting him to be the second coming of Brett Favre is not fair. Yes, the deep balls were off, some of them looked bad. But he moved around, made plays, fought for first downs and in the end, put us position to win the frickin' game. To ask for more from this kid is just ridiculous.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #25 : October 15, 2006, 09:11:44 PM »

Roll your eyes all you like, but my statement is completely factual.

Actully, versus Carolina, Simms looked just as efficient (considering he was about to die), as Grads did versus the Bengholes.  No reason to be impressed.

And Jason, I agree it is his second start, that is why I am conserving my enthusiasm for other things...like Caddy, SMith, Clayton on the rebound, and a better O-line performance.  Grads didn't roll out hardly at all today, and he had time to sit in the pocket forever...seems strange to me.

Max Power

Starter

« #26 : October 15, 2006, 09:14:28 PM »

Â Cant say whether or not the kid is going to make it until he has a couple more games under his belt and the NFL has more tape on him.  The four game stretch coming up that starts with the Saints and ends with the Cowboys on Thanksgiving day will show what he's made of, but really the D's were facing all this year is a murderers row.  Saints, Falcons, and the Browns are the only questionable D's left on the schedule and they aint half bad either.

Â I'm sure we will know by the end of this season if he has what it takes.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #27 : October 15, 2006, 09:14:58 PM »

And Jason, I agree it is his second start, that is why I am conserving my enthusiasm for other things...like Caddy, SMith, Clayton on the rebound, and a better O-line performance.  Grads didn't roll out hardly at all today, and he had time to sit in the pocket forever...seems strange to me.

Oh my word. Your ignorance of the game is absolutely stunning.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #28 : October 15, 2006, 09:17:23 PM »

Cant say whether or not the kid is going to make it until he has a couple more games under his belt and the NFL has more tape on him.  The four game stretch coming up that starts with the Saints and ends with the Cowboys on Thanksgiving day will show what he's made of, but really the D's were facing all this year is a murderers row.  Saints, Falcons, and the Browns are the only questionable D's left on the schedule and they aint half bad either.

I'm sure we will know by the end of this season if he has what it takes.

And I agree with this post 1000 percent.

Oh my word. Your ignorance of the game is absolutely stunning.

Yeah.  And I am the one saying Grads played lights out....gimme a break.

You actually think he was the reason for the Bucs win?

He managed 14 points on the Bengals.  Not a good defense at all.

The DEFENSE made a difference today.  Mostly the run defense.

YOUR lack of udnerstanding who to compliment in this game is stunning.  Talk about ignorance all you want, but you sound like a Grads nut jockey right about now.

TBayJJ

Second String

« #29 : October 15, 2006, 09:17:31 PM »

I do like what I am seeing so far from Grads. Its still to early though. Hopefully he keeps it up.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: There is a difference. A big difference. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools