Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cutlers is a good QB but..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Diehart fisherman

Starter

« : March 17, 2009, 04:00:19 AM »

Cutlers is a good QB but is there a better QB in next years draft???

There will be three QB in next year draft that could better then Cutler.

Colt McCoy
Tim Tebow
Case Keenum 
Sam Bradford
Tim Hiller

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

« #1 : March 17, 2009, 04:32:34 AM »

And no guarantee that the Bucs could get any of them. If they can get Cutler they need to do it

Simon Phoenix

Starter

« #2 : March 17, 2009, 04:43:33 AM »

with McCown as a starter there's about an 85% chance we have a shot at drafting between 2-4 of those QB's IMO....but I say we go for Cutler and try to avoid being in that position..

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can rebuild him..we have the technology

watson

Hall of Famer
« #3 : March 17, 2009, 04:43:50 AM »

Colt McCoy
Tim Tebow
Case Keenum
Sam Bradford
Tim Hiller
Maybe, but Cutler is already a "pro bowl" caliber QB.  Which one of these is guaranteed to be one?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

buccaneerbruce76

Starter

« #4 : March 17, 2009, 04:50:15 AM »

Colt McCoy
Tim Tebow
Case Keenum 
Sam Bradford
Tim Hiller

Operative word "could". Cutler already is a Pro Bowl QB.

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #5 : March 17, 2009, 05:11:16 AM »

under this premise then so could be Josh Freeman.

« #6 : March 17, 2009, 06:29:53 AM »

Colt McCoy
Tim Tebow
Case Keenum
Sam Bradford
Tim Hiller

key word being.... "could"

dodda45

Starter
« #7 : March 17, 2009, 06:39:16 AM »

Cutler is a Pro Bowl QB and you are comparing to these guys?..Heck, why don't we just 2-3 more years, I am sure there guys in that draft that could be good as well...

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #8 : March 17, 2009, 06:43:09 AM »

Colt McCoy
Tim Tebow
Case Keenum 
Sam Bradford
Tim Hiller
All these guys except one are good NFL prospects. And we'd be lucky to get him, why take the risk if we have the offer to get a young PRO BOWL QB?

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« #9 : March 17, 2009, 06:52:04 AM »

A 25 year old 60%+ completion in the NFL QB OR guys who have never taken a snap in the NFL.
Doubt any of those QB's have Cutlers arm either. Consider that even if any of those guys end up being/playing as good as Matt Ryan (which is rare for a rookie QB to play like that) Cutler still out played him.
I doubt we will get him, but if we have a shot we have to pull the trigger, if it doesn't work out we can always trade him for a 1st round pick and still have a shot at one of those guys, if we get lucky and end up at 8-9 or 9-7 next season with McCown we won't have a shot at one of the top 2 or 3 QBs next year anyway, so Cutler could be valuable trade bait if it came down to it, so IMO its win win.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #10 : March 17, 2009, 07:24:03 AM »

with McCown as a starter there's about an 85% chance we have a shot at drafting between 2-4 of those QB's IMO....but I say we go for Cutler and try to avoid being in that position..

Curious as to how you came up with 85%? Whis isnt a 60, 90, 40% chance???

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #11 : March 17, 2009, 07:59:03 AM »

Cutler has already gone thru the 2-3 yr. learning curve that NFL quarterbacks go thru. Who wants to suffer thru 2-3 yrs. of poor quarterback decision making when you can get a young guy that's already over the hump?

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

« #12 : March 17, 2009, 08:05:38 AM »

Cutler is a Pro Bowl QB and you are comparing to these guys?..Heck, why don't we just 2-3 more years, I am sure there guys in that draft that could be good as well...

The ProBowl tag means very little considering the process of selection; even the players don't put much stock in it these days. Let's not forget that Cutler hasn't won a play-off game yet so he's not THAT great of a QB (IMO). The Bucs have allot of concerns to address to keep the team competitive, even the QB position. I would prefer the Bucs to keep the draft picks to use on anyone not just those players mentioned but I can't deny Cutlers veteran status on the field or his huge "potential" to be THE GUY. I rarely agree with this guy in the local fish wraps but this time he made some good points while at the same time pointing out the same concerns I have mentioned previously.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/article984079.ece

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #13 : March 17, 2009, 08:37:29 AM »

Let's not forget that Cutler hasn't won a play-off game yet so he's not THAT great of a QB (IMO).

How many chances has he had to win a playoff game?

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

« #14 : March 17, 2009, 08:42:46 AM »

Let's not forget that Cutler hasn't won a play-off game yet so he's not THAT great of a QB (IMO).

How many chances has he had to win a playoff game?

I'm not going through this with you again...you just stick to stealing Pewter Reports headlines for your own personal gains.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cutlers is a good QB but..... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools