Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cutlers is a good QB but..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#15 : March 17, 2009, 08:44:40 AM

It really doesn't matter... as has been said before... I don't think we have any shot at him... Not with out a decent QB in return.  My guess is he will go to Cleveland... or they may ship him to Detroit for the first round pick just to screw with him.  

No,we had one shot at him and we blew it.

If you get your hopes up it will be just like that morning we all woke up and expected to see Favre in Pewter... just to see him in Green.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 17, 2009, 08:50:57 AM

I'm not going through this with you again...you just stick to stealing Pewter Reports headlines for your own personal gains.

Go through what? You can't just simply answer "0"?

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#17 : March 17, 2009, 08:55:07 AM

I'm not going through this with you again...you just stick to stealing Pewter Reports headlines for your own personal gains.

Go through what? You can't just simply answer "0"?

Very Good, you get the point then...now go get someone their coffee and find away to steal more headlines from Pewter Report

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 17, 2009, 10:25:03 AM

Very Good, you get the point then...now go get someone their coffee and find away to steal more headlines from Pewter Report

Could be more obtuse?

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 17, 2009, 10:48:20 AM

under this premise then so could be Josh Freeman.

or nate davis, or some guy who could get drafted in the 6th round

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#20 : March 17, 2009, 10:48:40 AM

Could be more obtuse?

Is there a rule stating I can't be or should we all just submit our post to you for approval first.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 17, 2009, 11:05:28 AM

Could be more obtuse?

Is there a rule stating I can't be or should we all just submit our post to you for approval first.

you've kinda lost the plot here, taipan - DTG asked a legitimate question, and you laid into him rather then defending your point.  tough to blame the broncos' struggles on cutler, he can't do much more than lead the #2 offense in the NFL and hope his D keeps it together...for reasons that are obvious from DTG's post, you can't hold his winless playoff history against him since there's very little shame in being 0 for 0.  as far as not making the playoffs, again, that's about the defense not getting it done, the broncos offense has been more than effective in the past 2 seasons with cutler running it despite no legit ballcarriers...

The ProBowl tag means very little considering the process of selection

8,000 yards and 45 TDs in the last 2 seasons means alot though.

i'm not all over the cutler trade by any means, taipan, but your arguments against the player himself haven't been all that compelling or complete. i agree with the first argument you put out there, which is that the holes in this team are pretty significant and those picks could be a big part of opening a championship window.  i do feel like we have the potential to address the QB position long-term through either johnson or mccown, but we need 16 games with both guys getting good reps to really know what we have. neither will likely have the gaudy stats cutler would, but with the run game personnel we have here, they won't need to

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#22 : March 17, 2009, 11:16:41 AM

I appreciate the input Pick6 but this debate between me and the glory hound DTG has been an ongoing issue involving other threads. I merely pointed out that I'm not in favor of giving up picks with so many holes to address and I even posted an article that I agree with supporting my thoughts. I'm not wrong for seeing it the way I do...it's a difference of opinion, why is that so hard to understand and respect? We don't have to agree on everything but I'm not going to chase you or anyone else around until you agree with me as DTG has done to me on this subject. We disagree...Get over it

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 17, 2009, 11:34:27 AM

actually, we agree about not making the trade at a silly price, but i just think your criticisms of cutler are off base, given how far his defense has held him back from the TEAM success that eventually legitimizes a QB.  individual production is difficult to question, and you probably see jay make fewer mistakes if he didn't have to drop back 39 times a game or make up for a defense that gives up about 28 points on average

carry on, i guess, i just hate that half the threads i jump into involve some feud being played out between 2 or more posters. 

edit: apologize if the "we disagree, get over it" wasn't aimed at me...anyways, no need to draw this out, i've made my point, and i'm out

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#24 : March 17, 2009, 11:40:48 AM

actually, we agree about not making the trade at a silly price, but i just think your criticisms of cutler are off base, given how far his defense has held him back from the TEAM success that eventually legitimizes a QB. individual production is difficult to question, and you probably see jay make fewer mistakes if he didn't have to drop back 39 times a game or make up for a defense that gives up about 28 points on average

carry on, i guess, i just hate that half the threads i jump into involve some feud being played out between 2 or more posters.

Cutler isn't all that bad I'm just not as excited as other about him...He very well could be the answer at QB the Bucs have been searching for and he very well could fall flat...As far as this board goes, It's a matter of respect for others and their imput to the community regardless if you agree or not...DTG doesn't seem to have that same respect for others.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 17, 2009, 11:47:36 AM

There's no feud on my end, Pick6. I'm perfectly pleased to have an intelligent discussion with most folks on here, even IT. But he's even sent me PM telling me I should cease responding to his posts -- but since this is an open forum I'll respond to whomever I choose. I'm not interested in caving into a bully, I'm interested in good Bucs conversation.

bucmoon

Second String
#26 : March 17, 2009, 12:14:17 PM

How many chances has he had to win a playoff game?
[/quote
          Great point ,, people seem to forget Cutler has only been a starter for 2 seasons and  ELWAY didnt win a playoff game untill his 4th year ..and didnt win a SUPERBOWL till he was 37 even when he missed 4 games in 1998 some guy named BUBBY BRISTER stepped in and went 4-0- thanks to TERRELL DAVIS RUSHING FOR 2,000 TDS AND 23 TDS , Shows even the best QBS got to have talent around to help get over the top, Denvers top RB  had 360 yds last season  . ..i am all for CUTLER but know it is a longshot now ..

bucsense

Practice Squad

#27 : March 17, 2009, 12:23:01 PM

carry on, i guess, i just hate that half the threads i jump into involve some feud being played out between 2 or more posters.�

There's no feud on my end, Pick6. I'm perfectly pleased to have an intelligent discussion with most folks on here, even IT. But he's even sent me PM telling me I should cease responding to his posts -- but since this is an open forum I'll respond to whomever I choose. I'm not interested in caving into a bully, I'm interested in good Bucs conversation.

That's lame Turk......some of the above might be kept private......just sayin' bro'..........

bucmoon

Second String
#28 : March 17, 2009, 12:32:48 PM

Ho many playoff game has ADRIAN PETERSON won ? would you rther give up a 1 for him or take a chance with Beanie Wells  .. my favorite no-playoff winner in all sports though is  is ERNIE BANKS , he never won a playoff game - what a looser !

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#29 : March 17, 2009, 01:08:56 PM

Yes...I'm the bully that chased you around disagreeing with what they said and telling them what they should think...just look at this thread of whom responded to whom as the bully. Second, I asked you to avoid responding to me in a PM as it was best for the community but nope...you HAVE to have things your way and just can't drop it or avoid future differences...again, this is ALL about what you want and not what's best for the others.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cutlers is a good QB but..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools