Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Attention Clayton haters « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
: March 17, 2009, 11:19:13 PM

That's cool Turk, but will he catch the critical, most meaningful passes, those that we need down the stretch? Game winners if you will.....

I think the guy's hands have turned to bricks........

Would Nate Washington? The guy everyone seemed to want? He had some big drops for Pittsburgh this year. I don't know the stats listed in this thread are accurate but I don't remember Clayton dropping too many balls this season. He actually made some nice grabs...it was just frustrating to see him get one, maybe two a game. That could have been more due to the opportunity afforded him by the offensive genius and his "Pro Bowl QB". I'd like to see him regularly back in the endzone. He has the frame for it and I think the leaping ability. If he can post 5 to 7 tds in a season, I'll consider him a solid #2.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 17, 2009, 10:57:09 PM

So if snap n pop errrrrr - I mean "M80" does have another horrible or subpar season this year can we all agree 100% together with no one left out or straddling the fence that he officially.....................SUCKS?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 17, 2009, 09:12:27 AM

Choke on the information at the bottom of page 18 of the Mar/April PR magazine. If you don't subscribe and don't want to, stay stupid. The rest of us need someone to laugh at.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#3 : March 17, 2009, 09:27:39 AM

I used to subscribe but didn't renew because my ID quit working in the PI message board. By the way I don't care about Clayton, he gets a new lease on life and until he actually starts catching the ball again I won't waste my time on him.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 17, 2009, 09:28:56 AM

Choke on the information at the bottom of page 18 of the Mar/April PR magazine. If you don't subscribe and don't want to, stay stupid. The rest of us need someone to laugh at.

Let me guess another Clayton comeback story?

If Rocky was a real person even he would give up on him.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 17, 2009, 09:41:23 AM

That's two. Keep 'em comin' boys. Times are tough right now. We need a real belly laugh here.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 17, 2009, 09:45:51 AM

That's two. Keep 'em comin' boys. Times are tough right now. We need a real belly laugh here.

No disrespect, but I think that most people are laughing at you not with you.

goobtube

Starter

#7 : March 17, 2009, 09:48:49 AM

clayton sucks and if we get Cutler with that rocket arm he will drop everything.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#8 : March 17, 2009, 09:51:47 AM

Clayton is no longer a receiver.....he's been re-classified as a blocker.....wake up!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 17, 2009, 10:03:15 AM

Clayton is no longer a receiver.....he's been re-classified as a blocker.....wake up!

No team pays 25 million for a blocking WR.

4 uninformed and counting.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 17, 2009, 10:03:50 AM

No team pays 25 million for a blocking WR.

4 uninformed and counting.

You are in for a surprise. :o

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 17, 2009, 10:13:58 AM

I have a secret you don't know... * points and laughs at other posters. Feels better about pathetic life.*

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 17, 2009, 10:20:54 AM

Look, I've said it before:

I've dogged Clayton, with good reason. I also happen to know that the Gruden dog house is real, and he was in it, despite what the Coach may have said in Clayton's favor in public. Even though I know we get a new Clayton comeback story every year, with a new HC and a new OC on board, I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt for now and will lay off him until I see if he can produce on the field this season.

The fact is, his numbers last year were not much different that Nate Washington's (Washington had 40 catches for about 600 yards and 3 TD's catching balls from Big Ben, Clayton had 38 catches for about 500 yards and 1 TD catching passes from Griese and Garcia) and that's a guy lots of people wanted to come here.

I think about 50 catches for about 700 yards and 4-5 TD's would be sufficient to make his return to the team worthwhile.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#13 : March 17, 2009, 10:37:44 AM

That's cool Turk, but will he catch the critical, most meaningful passes, those that we need down the stretch? Game winners if you will.....

I think the guy's hands have turned to bricks........

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 17, 2009, 10:41:22 AM

Dan, I believe people fail to take into consideration the QB issues this team has had since Clayton's rookie season  when pointing the finger at him as well.  We all know Garcia would not throw the ball to a WR that was not open by 10+ yards.  Give Clayton a QB that is not scared to make the throws and he should be closer to rookie form than the years after.  In the years that Gruden wanted Clayton to thicken up he was often injured.  Last season, when he got back to his weight, he played the antire season and put up Decent numbers for a #2 WR that was getting thrown to by Garcia.  His TD totals were down but how many TD's did Garcia and Griese even throw?  You can catch balls that are not there and you can not score TD's when the ball is never thrown into the EZ.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Attention Clayton haters « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools