Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Attention Clayton haters « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

« #15 : March 17, 2009, 10:41:59 AM »

That's cool Turk, but will he catch the critical, most meaningful passes, those that we need down the stretch? Game winners if you will.....

I think the guy's hands have turned to bricks........

How many drops did he have last season?

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
« #16 : March 17, 2009, 10:45:02 AM »

That's cool Turk, but will he catch the critical, most meaningful passes, those that we need down the stretch? Game winners if you will.....

We shall see won't we?

RatDog

Starter

« #17 : March 17, 2009, 10:57:31 AM »

Clayton is no longer a receiver.....he's been re-classified as a blocker.....wake up!

No team pays 25 million for a blocking WR.

4 uninformed and counting.

We just did moron

rowdie

Hall of Famer

« #18 : March 17, 2009, 12:34:34 PM »

We shall see won't we?

Will we?

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #19 : March 17, 2009, 01:00:25 PM »

Choke on the information at the bottom of page 18 of the Mar/April PR magazine. If you don't subscribe and don't want to, stay stupid. The rest of us need someone to laugh at.

Yea, because the bottom of an article written by a media person is so much more reliable than the actual performance of the player...

BTW, every season I hear how this guy is going to "comeback".  It never materalizes.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #20 : March 17, 2009, 01:03:00 PM »

I dont hate Clayton I hate his stats. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

« #21 : March 17, 2009, 01:09:01 PM »

Michael Clayton was thrown to 61 times (or 10% of our passing attempts).  According to official statistics, he only dropped 2 of those passes.

bucsense

Practice Squad

« #22 : March 17, 2009, 01:22:26 PM »

Michael Clayton was thrown to 61 times (or 10% of our passing attempts).  According to official statistics, he only dropped 2 of those passes.

Do some research on that stat bro'.........not accurate.  Hell, I saw him drop more than 2 pass attempts in more than 1 game, let alone the entire season.......You must be hooked up to the Michael Clayton "I'm not a pass dropper" apologist link.....just sayin'...

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

« #23 : March 17, 2009, 01:25:10 PM »

Clayton was picked early in the draft because he has game. Clayton has all the ability. Let's see how he comes around.

No reason to use hate to motivate anymore, Chuck has left the building

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

« #24 : March 17, 2009, 01:34:05 PM »

Michael Clayton was thrown to 61 times (or 10% of our passing attempts).  According to official statistics, he only dropped 2 of those passes.

Do some research on that stat bro'.........not accurate.  Hell, I saw him drop more than 2 pass attempts in more than 1 game, let alone the entire season.......You must be hooked up to the Michael Clayton "I'm not a pass dropper" apologist link.....just sayin'...

Prove to me it's not accurate.

Unless you have gametape, I'll trust STATS LLC.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #25 : March 17, 2009, 01:43:42 PM »

bucsense:

STATS, LLC reports Clayton with 61 targets and two drops last season.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

« #26 : March 17, 2009, 01:48:22 PM »

bucsense:

STATS, LLC reports Clayton with 61 targets and two drops last season.

I honestly don't remember buddy dropping many last year, but then again I'm not sure I recall him catching many either. 

Is it a straight thrown to - drops = catches or is there another "stat" in there for thrown at but bounce off the ground or thrown at but defended?

I'm dubious about how that stat is kept, what exactly constitutes a dropped pass.   ??

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #27 : March 17, 2009, 01:55:51 PM »

He was only thrown to 61 times in a season.  That seems awfully low, doesn't it?

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #28 : March 17, 2009, 02:10:58 PM »

He was only thrown to 61 times in a season. That seems awfully low, doesn't it?

Exactly.  Clayton hasn't been getting the looks that he got in 2004 when he was the only option.  The only thing is, I have to believe it's a little bit of "Clayton not getting separation or getting open" as well as the QB just looking at Bryant/Galloway, etc.  Clayton has shown some signs of life, i.e. Oakland game, but he hasn't shown much to warrant a contract of 5 years, 24 million with 10.5 guaranteed.  Now not only do we have Antonio Bryant, but we added another pass catcher in Kellen Winslow.  If anything, Clayton will get even less looks.  It was a stupid signing if you ask me, but he is still young--it's just you'd have to be a "sparkybuc" to think signing a guy that hasn't broken 500 yards in the past 4 seasons to 24 million a good deal.  haha.

Much rather have had any of the big name washed up WRs available this off-season on the squad or even Nate Washington.  There's still Harrison and Holt available...

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #29 : March 17, 2009, 02:15:05 PM »

Look, I've said it before:

I've dogged Clayton, with good reason. I also happen to know that the Gruden dog house is real, and he was in it, despite what the Coach may have said in Clayton's favor in public. Even though I know we get a new Clayton comeback story every year, with a new HC and a new OC on board, I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt for now and will lay off him until I see if he can produce on the field this season.

The fact is, his numbers last year were not much different that Nate Washington's (Washington had 40 catches for about 600 yards and 3 TD's catching balls from Big Ben, Clayton had 38 catches for about 500 yards and 1 TD catching passes from Griese and Garcia) and that's a guy lots of people wanted to come here.

I think about 50 catches for about 700 yards and 4-5 TD's would be sufficient to make his return to the team worthwhile.

DTG, the difference is--Nate Washington was the 3rd option for Ben, if not 4th, if you count Heath Miller.  Michael Clayton was our #2 WR, and 2nd or 3rd option at most times.  Clayton ALMOST had 500 yards, but he didn't he had 400 somin.

I was not against re-signing Clayton, but to give him a big deal like that, 10.5 million guaranteed, for a guy that hasn't done much, is a little crazy if you ask me.  We'll see.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Attention Clayton haters « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools