Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Attention Clayton haters « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #30 : March 17, 2009, 02:25:10 PM »

Bada:

Understood. I'm just taking the approach that there's nothing to be gained by my continuing to dog the guy at this point, the proof will be in the pudding.

Hammerhead

Starter

« #31 : March 17, 2009, 02:43:39 PM »

We saw what a new system did for AB maybe Clayton will surprise us under the new regime.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

« #32 : March 17, 2009, 03:17:24 PM »

Now not only do we have Antonio Bryant, but we added another pass catcher in Kellen Winslow. If anything, Clayton will get even less looks.

Unless the new OC knows better how to use more than one reciever in the gameplan unlike Gruden.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #33 : March 17, 2009, 03:20:34 PM »

Bottom line for Clayton is that you can make whatever excuses you want but the proof sits in the stats and his are not very good. He's the worst signing in FA by a mile because unlike the draft in FA you allegedly pay for production and not potential.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #34 : March 17, 2009, 03:25:22 PM »

Now not only do we have Antonio Bryant, but we added another pass catcher in Kellen Winslow. If anything, Clayton will get even less looks.

Unless the new OC knows better how to use more than one reciever in the gameplan unlike Gruden.

Don't count on it.

Scholty

Pro Bowler

« #35 : March 17, 2009, 03:30:53 PM »

Okay, I might be slightly challenged but where did you find the April
Choke on the information at the bottom of page 18 of the Mar/April PR magazine. If you don't subscribe and don't want to, stay stupid. The rest of us need someone to laugh at.
Where did you see the Mag?  I haven't gotten it at the house and I don't see it here on the website either!

Hmnnn....  Pewter Report guys?  Where is my new issue?????

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #36 : March 17, 2009, 03:31:47 PM »

That's cool Turk, but will he catch the critical, most meaningful passes, those that we need down the stretch? Game winners if you will.....

I think the guy's hands have turned to bricks........

How many drops did he have last season?

Michael Clayton was thrown to 61 times (or 10% of our passing attempts).  According to official statistics, he only dropped 2 of those passes.

Do some research on that stat bro'.........not accurate.  Hell, I saw him drop more than 2 pass attempts in more than 1 game, let alone the entire season.......You must be hooked up to the Michael Clayton "I'm not a pass dropper" apologist link.....just sayin'...

You might want to do some research, bucsense. Those were the numbers reported by ESPN.

Targeting Tampa Bay's wide receivers

February 3, 2009 4:30 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas

We'll continue our team-by-team look at how wide receivers performed (in terms of drops and how frequently they were targeted) with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Player    Targets    Catches    Drops    % Caught    % First Down
Antonio Bryant    137    83    5    60.6    43.8
Michael Clayton    61    38    2    62.3    34.4
Joey Galloway    28    13    1    46.4    21.4
Ike Hilliard    58    47    2    81.0    53.4

Notes: Running back Warrick Dunn actually led the Bucs in drops with six. ... Bryant tied for seventh in the league with 60 catches for first downs, one less than Atlanta's Roddy White, who led the league in that category. ... The Bucs led the division with 32 dropped passes (including those by tight ends and running backs). Jacksonville led the league with 40 drops.

source: http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth/0-8-14/Targeting-Tampa-Bay-s-wide-receivers.html

noone

Rookie

« #37 : March 17, 2009, 03:33:24 PM »

Maybe if Clayton actually clears up his off field issues, he will be more of what he was his rookie season.

NPR-BUC

Starter

« #38 : March 17, 2009, 03:33:34 PM »

I like Clayton, Id like to see him play like he did in his rookie year. That would be nice.

Jay Cutler is Gay!!!! The Bears Suck!!!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #39 : March 17, 2009, 03:35:11 PM »

I used to subscribe but didn't renew because my ID quit working in the PI message board. By the way I don't care about Clayton, he gets a new lease on life and until he actually starts catching the ball again I won't waste my time on him.

exactly

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #40 : March 17, 2009, 03:39:00 PM »

Choke on the information at the bottom of page 18 of the Mar/April PR magazine. If you don't subscribe and don't want to, stay stupid. The rest of us need someone to laugh at.

Oh so PR has a positive story on Clayton...AGAIN and you are going to imply that people that dissent are uninformed. He dude, before I think anything other than Michael Clayton FLAT OUT SUCKS, I gotta see it with my own 2 eyes and BTW, its March.....

What has Clayton done besides suck the past 4 years and have excuse after excuse?

Oh wait, he signed a "contract" he would re-double his efforts- as if an NFL player needs to be doing that sh*t in the first place.

Michael Clayton SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baghead #2

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

« #41 : March 17, 2009, 05:04:48 PM »

That's cool Turk, but will he catch the critical, most meaningful passes, those that we need down the stretch? Game winners if you will.....

Michael Clayton was thrown to 61 times (or 10% of our passing attempts). According to official statistics, he only dropped 2 of those passes.

Do some research on that stat bro'.........not accurate. Hell, I saw him drop more than 2 pass attempts in more than 1 game, let alone the entire season.......You must be hooked up to the Michael Clayton "I'm not a pass dropper" apologist link.....just sayin'...

Wow, just wow.  I do not even know how to reply to something so ignorant.  Doesn't ignoring facts mean that you are stupid?  Ignorant people do not know the facts.  Stupid people choose to ignore them.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #42 : March 17, 2009, 05:15:42 PM »

Michael Clayton was thrown to 61 times (or 10% of our passing attempts). According to official statistics, he only dropped 2 of those passes.

Do some research on that stat bro'.........not accurate. Hell, I saw him drop more than 2 pass attempts in more than 1 game, let alone the entire season.......You must be hooked up to the Michael Clayton "I'm not a pass dropper" apologist link.....just sayin'...

Wow, just wow. I do not even know how to reply to something so ignorant. Doesn't ignoring facts mean that you are stupid? Ignorant people do not know the facts. Stupid people choose to ignore them.

I perfer the term "willfully ignorant".  To me, "stupid" implies a lack of the intelligence necessary to understand the issue in the first place. 

I dunno, just figured I'd hijack the thread.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #43 : March 17, 2009, 05:18:29 PM »

Oh so PR has a positive story on Clayton...AGAIN and you are going to imply that people that dissent are uninformed. He dude, before I think anything other than Michael Clayton FLAT OUT SUCKS, I gotta see it with my own 2 eyes and BTW, its March.....

In fairness PR usually trots out their first "Clayton Renaissance" story after the May mini-camps so this does break the pattern.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

« #44 : March 17, 2009, 05:48:02 PM »

Wow, just wow. I do not even know how to reply to something so ignorant. Doesn't ignoring facts mean that you are stupid? Ignorant people do not know the facts. Stupid people choose to ignore them.

I perfer the term "willfully ignorant". To me, "stupid" implies a lack of the intelligence necessary to understand the issue in the first place.

I dunno, just figured I'd hijack the thread.

Does ignoring the facts not show that a person can not understand them?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Attention Clayton haters « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools