Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin Analysis « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 20, 2009, 12:28:54 PM

40 isnt overrated when his game is based on speed.

What was Jerry Rice's game based on?

What do you say about all of the other drills Harvin performed in?

additionally the guy is injured all the time.

Yet, he produced more than Josh Freeman and Michael Johnson from the training room.

His injuries aren't a concern anymore.  The heel has been repaired and migraines have been taken care of.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 20, 2009, 12:35:54 PM

obviously your not concerned for his injuries...but do you speak for the 32 nfl teams? I highly doubt that they are looking past his long history of them. That is just what we need another oft injured player to sit on the sidelines with caddy. We can all sit here going gee he is a bust. Take a LB or DL player there is no need to waste a first round draft pick on a position that has a high bust rate in the first round.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 20, 2009, 12:44:59 PM

additionally the guy is injured all the time.

2006- 427 rec yrds 428 rushing yards 5 TDs
2007- 868 rec yards, 764 rushing yards 10 TDs
2008- 644 rec yards, 659 rushing yards 17 TDs

Well if he is "injured all the time" and still puts up 1500 and 1300 yard seasons, what will he do if he is healthy? Guys who are "injured all the time" don't put up back to back 1000+ yard seasons.

And missing 1 game in '06, 2 games in '07 and '08 is far from "injured all the time".

SecureBuc

Second String

#18 : March 20, 2009, 12:47:11 PM

Harvin is the most explosive player in this draft and he was the best player in CFB .... I would take him in a second with a smile..... Harvin plays faster than any player in the league ...I am a Nole fan

bigbucco

Rookie

#19 : March 20, 2009, 12:47:52 PM

Percy Harvin is a top-10 talent. He is absolutely going to be a steal in this draft. Every year it seems there are a couple of players that everyone just accepts will drop to the second half of the first round despite impressive credentials and excellent productivity on the major college football stage. The Bucs would be wise to be the team that benefits (if he is still there at 19).

Runole

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 20, 2009, 12:48:34 PM

I certainly believe that 40 yd times are extremely over rated.   I just find it amusing how some are so quick to defend "perfect" Harvin.   No one is hating on him.

obviously your not concerned for his injuries...but do you speak for the 32 nfl teams? I highly doubt that they are looking past his long history of them. That is just what we need another oft injured player to sit on the sidelines with caddy. We can all sit here going gee he is a bust. Take a LB or DL player there is no need to waste a first round draft pick on a position that has a high bust rate in the first round.

Watch out Warren!  LOL ;D

Any result that could be open to critical review is instantly dismissed by all gator homers on this board.   Even stating I would like to see the Bucs draft him if he was available isn't enough.

Unless everyone states that every gator player is the greatest  in the history of the sport, you mullet headed gator fans go into an extreme tizzy!    Kind of pathetic IMO.  Why should any gator fan's opinion be ever considered credible?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 20, 2009, 12:56:21 PM

I certainly believe that 40 yd times are extremely over rated.   I just find it amusing how some are so quick to defend "perfect" Harvin.   No one is hating on him.

Watch out Warren!  LOL ;D

Any result that could be open to critical review is instantly dismissed by all gator homers on this board.   Even stating I would like to see the Bucs draft him if he was available isn't enough.

Unless everyone states that every gator player is the greatest  in the history of the sport, you mullet headed gator fans go into an extreme tizzy!    Kind of pathetic IMO.  Why should any gator fan's opinion be ever considered credible?

Mr Hyperbole exaggerates again.

You need a few more "every" "all" and other absolutes in there. I didn't see any "tizzys" or other posts like that, just some points about 40 times and his injury history. But don't let reality get in your way, you never have.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 20, 2009, 01:03:25 PM

Ok Mr "objective:" Galt  lay out Percy's flaws for us...   waiting... LOL

#23 : March 20, 2009, 01:08:41 PM

Take any guy and have him touch the ball as many times as Harvin did in as many position he did...tell me you want have a guy who tweeks his ankle now and then

The dude showed toughness during the NC Game by playing through pain and having pretty much the best game of his career as a whole

The injury during the game is where the Oklahoma guy decided to make the field even by yanking on his ankle trying to injure him more

#24 : March 20, 2009, 01:11:15 PM

Ok Mr "objective:" Galt lay out Percy's flaws for us... waiting... LOL

Not Gait but only a few I know of that I noticed

-Height- at 5'11 a little undersized
-Blocking-Not from the Michael Clayton school of blocking recievers

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 20, 2009, 01:11:54 PM

We can all sit here going gee he is a bust.

LOL, Mrs. Freeman.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 20, 2009, 01:14:35 PM

Ok Mr "objective:" Galt  lay out Percy's flaws for us...   waiting... LOL

Lacks height and at 195 is light and could use more heft. Don't know how quickly he can pick up a new offense since he has always been in the same scheme which favors WRs.

The main issue I have with him at Tampa is we have much greater needs at DT/DE and with a "?" at QB, not sure how well we can utilize him. A first round DL usually makes an impact yr 1 or 2 while WRs usually have a longer learning curve.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

See, I did that without using any absolutes or hyperbole and without using disparaging terms like "mullethead". I made a point and never found a need to insult anyone or use words like "pathetic" to describe mythical posts in order to puff up my ego.

It really isn't that hard, you should try it.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 20, 2009, 01:18:21 PM

well I am impressed Galt you actually can be objective... Proud of you!! LOL

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 20, 2009, 02:21:38 PM

why are we even talking about this guy?

We don't have a quarterback and have one of the worst defensive lines in football.

We either trade our first for Cutler, select Josh Freeman, or go after a DT/DE.

We signed Clayton to a deal almost guaranteeing him to start and have high pick busts in Stovall and Jackson competing for slot.

If our front office is smart, I'm almost 100% certain we will not go WR with the 1st, 3rd, or even 4th round pick.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 20, 2009, 02:27:51 PM

why are we even talking about this guy?

'cause we're bored.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin Analysis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools