Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin Analysis « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

BUCFAN60

Starter

#30 : March 20, 2009, 02:34:33 PM

Jason Watkins came back to his and my high School today he walked in the weight room while I was in there lifitin. He is a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#31 : March 20, 2009, 02:35:51 PM

why are we even talking about this guy?

We don't have a quarterback and have one of the worst defensive lines in football.

We either trade our first for Cutler, select Josh Freeman, or go after a DT/DE.

We signed Clayton to a deal almost guaranteeing him to start and have high pick busts in Stovall and Jackson competing for slot.

If our front office is smart, I'm almost 100% certain we will not go WR with the 1st, 3rd, or even 4th round pick.

Why are we talking about him??

The best Defensive Tackle is gone probably top 10

The best Defensive End in the draft will be gone as well

QB wise nothing really is impressive this year

Whats left?? A undersized defnesive tackle, defensive ends who look more like 3-4 linebackers than ends, and a AVERAGE at best

Big 12 QB

So yes right now a playmaker  WR is appealing because at 19 with that left on the board I really dont think there is a better

player there

Id rather pick a WR who will make us one of the most feared offenses in football and maybe pick up a QB later

(Harrell/White/Davis/Bomar) to add depth or in 2010 get your franchise guy in round one where the QB's will be much much better

I might be in the minority here but apart from Bryant (and lord knows which Bryant we will get in 2009) we just released our

homerun threat to the Patriots

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 20, 2009, 02:42:43 PM

So you rather leave holes at QB and the defensive line, b/c the best ones at every position will be gone, so that we could draft a guy who will touch the ball maybe 5-6 times a game...IF HE'S GOOD.  We have Bryant and Winslow as the first 2 options, with Clayton clearly being the #2 WR(off of contract numbers)

Where does Percy Harvin fit in?  Or maybe you want us to draft him as a RB?  Since he did run the ball alot in Florida.  So did their QB Tebow.  Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Tight ends or centers were running the ball in that offense.

I'd feel a little better about Harvin if he was in an NFL ready offense instead of that mumbo jumbo they have down there in Florida.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#33 : March 20, 2009, 02:43:05 PM

To Percy's post...BAM!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 20, 2009, 02:45:57 PM

Most feared offense?

Bryant, Harvin, Clayton, and Winslow---with two 28 year old #2 backs, and Luke McCown at QB is not scaring anyone....

Bryant and Winslow are good.  Clayton stinks.  Stovall and Jackson are nobodies.  Harvin is a question mark in terms of NFL.  If we get Cutler, or more realistically a 6-6 McNabb/Culpepper like QB in Josh Freeman---I'd think we'd be better off rather than another high pick wasted on a WR who will touch the ball 5 times a game.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 20, 2009, 02:46:09 PM

When are people going to realize that drafting for need instead of BPA in the first round hurts your team?  Just look at past drafts where the team was trying to address a need instead of taking the BPA.

If you can get a playmaker, no matter what side of the ball, you need to get him.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 20, 2009, 02:48:36 PM

When are people going to realize that drafting for need instead of BPA in the first round hurts your team?  Just look at past drafts where the team was trying to address a need instead of taking the BPA.

If you can get a playmaker, no matter what side of the ball, you need to get him.

good point Biggs...

but I also am on the side that believes Harvin will be a bust in the NFL.  I'm also wondering when people are going to realize that this franchise, no matter who the GM is, can not draft a WR.

Green, Walker, Anthony, Clayton, Stovall, Jackson.  When you have a defensive line that is worse then some college defensive lines and are battling the Lions, 49ers, and Jets for worst starting QB---I'd say you should draft based off of need...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 20, 2009, 02:55:27 PM

None of the WR you listed have the pedigree Harvin does, Bada.

Also, you have to wipe the slate clean with a new GM and Head Coach.  You can't put past draft failures on them.  They have their own opportunity to screw up....;)

I doubt Harvin will even be available @ 19 after his workout.  His tape is impressive enough, but his work-out was phenomenal.

I'm of the opinion that we should take BPA, no matter what side of the ball that player is on.  If it's Harvin, pick 'em.  If it's Sanchez, pick 'em.  If it's Larry English, pick 'em.  If it's Vontae Davis, pick 'em.  If it's Andre Smith, pick 'em.  Need or not, pick the BPA.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#38 : March 20, 2009, 02:57:00 PM

So because we have had an iffy history of draft WRs, thats why you wouldnt take a talent like Harvin?

Im gonna have to agree with Biggs.  If Harvin is there and is the BPA, then you have to take him.  The coaches will find some way to get him on the field.  Hell, maybe he beats out some players that have already "secured" spots.

obuc

Starter

#39 : March 20, 2009, 03:05:04 PM

If Harvin is taken, i dont care what Clayton is paid, he will not start. Harvin will earn his way to number 2 before the season starts and #1 before the year is over. You dont draft a DT just to do it. If they cant make an impact or your scout team doesnt think they will be much above average then you pass and wait till next year or see if you can then trade clayton off for something.

The defense wasnt weak until the last few games of the season due to getting thinned out and being out conditioned. Look at it this way, the defense gave up yards because they got gassed. You can try to stop some of that by drafting depth along the line or getting areceiver who will keep your offense on the field longer.

QB's are a long shot. they are the toughest position to evaluate. McCown can improve and with a legit running game he can be all we need. We dont need a cutler. We need 2 good running backs and a boat load of deadly receivers and his job will be much easier.

#40 : March 20, 2009, 03:22:55 PM

Most feared offense?

Bryant, Harvin, Clayton, and Winslow---with two 28 year old #2 backs, and Luke McCown at QB is not scaring anyone....

Bryant and Winslow are good. Clayton stinks. Stovall and Jackson are nobodies. Harvin is a question mark in terms of NFL. If we get Cutler, or more realistically a 6-6 McNabb/Culpepper like QB in Josh Freeman---I'd think we'd be better off rather than another high pick wasted on a WR who will touch the ball 5 times a game.

Bryant
Harvin
Clayton
Stovall
Campbell
Jackson
Warren
Winslow
Smith

Looks a lot better than

Bryant
Clayton
Stovall
Campbell
Jackson
Warren
Winslow
Smith

If you have options at WR even average QB's look good...look at Ray Lucas during the Keyshawn years in NY

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 20, 2009, 06:29:55 PM

None of the WR you listed have the pedigree Harvin does, Bada.

Also, you have to wipe the slate clean with a new GM and Head Coach. You can't put past draft failures on them. They have their own opportunity to screw up....;)

I doubt Harvin will even be available @ 19 after his workout. His tape is impressive enough, but his work-out was phenomenal.

I'm of the opinion that we should take BPA, no matter what side of the ball that player is on. If it's Harvin, pick 'em. If it's Sanchez, pick 'em. If it's Larry English, pick 'em. If it's Vontae Davis, pick 'em. If it's Andre Smith, pick 'em. Need or not, pick the BPA.

He is a tiny player who will be lucky to touch the ball twice a game. He will be nothing more than dexter jackson, except in the first round. I would take Freeman, and gamble on the QB position than gamble on another small wr that will have little to no impact on any game.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 20, 2009, 06:31:29 PM

When are people going to realize that drafting for need instead of BPA in the first round hurts your team?  Just look at past drafts where the team was trying to address a need instead of taking the BPA.

Here we go Mr. Scout again

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 20, 2009, 06:38:29 PM

Nobody knows what Harvin will do in the NFL.  He could be a HUGE bust.  He could be a nobody...

I won't be upset if they draft him, but I will know that the Bcus will get ground into dust by the opposing teams RBs.  They build for power and speed with their runners, and we build for...rebuilding...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 20, 2009, 06:41:26 PM

Here we go Mr. Scout again

How did you breakdown Freeman's game again?  Something about a strong arm?  Or how about Chris Simms and David Garrard?

Simms is way better than Garrard.

Solid.

He is a tiny player who will be lucky to touch the ball twice a game. He will be nothing more than dexter jackson, except in the first round. I would take Freeman, and gamble on the QB position than gamble on another small wr that will have little to no impact on any game.

Okeedokee.  We shall see.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin Analysis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools