Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin Analysis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

#90 : March 21, 2009, 10:12:40 PM

Just who wouldnt want a player like this on their team??

One thing that seperates him from a lot of film I have seen of WR is that he takes a lot of checkdowns and shot passes and

makes the extra yards. He isnt a guy who every highlight you see him ripping up a defense for 80 yards (which to me shows

more poor defense than great offense)....he usually starts 4-5 yards from the line of scrimage and does his damage that way

whch is what you will see a lot of in the pros.

One thing I dont understand is if I pull the archives many of the same people who are against Percy Harvin would

have been fine with Desean Jackson last year....Is it the fact that Harvin is a Gator? or is it that you would rather pick

from average talent at 19 to fill a supposed hole?

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#91 : March 22, 2009, 01:28:25 PM

Some of you guys say how bad we are at drafting WRs, and I agree there isn`t a great track record. But the Bucs haven`t done much better drafting defensive lineman, besides Selmon and Sapp. My point is I don`t believe for a second that any one franchise can be totally uncapable of drafting a specific position. You hit on some, you miss on some, there`s no exact science. To rule out ANY position and overlook talent because of past franchise draft history, or trying to fill a need is totally assinine in my opinion. A perfect example is Adrian Peterson, Bruce Allen chose to overlook his obvious talent and reach for a position of need. I`m a Gaines Adams supporter, but I`d trade him for A.P in a heartbeat..

Runole

Hall of Famer
#92 : March 22, 2009, 10:35:15 PM

One thing that seperates him from a lot of film I have seen of WR is that he takes a lot of checkdowns and shot passes and

makes the extra yards. He isnt a guy who every highlight you see him ripping up a defense for 80 yards (which to me shows

more poor defense than great offense)....he usually starts 4-5 yards from the line of scrimage and does his damage that way

One thing I dont understand is if I pull the archives many of the same people who are against Percy Harvin would

have been fine with Desean Jackson last year....Is it the fact that Harvin is a Gator? or is it that you would rather pick

I have already stated that I wouldn't mind the Bucs picking him with their pick. 

Truthfully, I think this thread is just the opposite as gator fans refuse to accept anyone that doesn't claim Percy is the greatest player ever produced in CFB  and already for the Hall of Fame in the NFL.    Dare not ever express any concerns!

You REALLY REALLY REALLY like Harvin..  That is rather obvious.   The fact that he is no longer considered the top pick in the upcoming draft sends the message that there are questions. 

Missing 5 games in 3 years and apparently still having problems at his most recent pro tryout shows that perhaps those concerns are justified.   

#93 : March 22, 2009, 10:39:50 PM

The fact that he is no longer considered the top pick in the upcoming draft sends the message that there are questions
Missing 5 games in 3 years and apparently still having problems at his most recent pro tryout shows that perhaps those concerns are justified.

Mayock at his pro day said he is a top flite first rounder...no sure where the "concerns" are coming from

Sounds like those were answered by both Harvin and Mayock...dont line him up at RB

LFO

Hall of Famer

#94 : March 23, 2009, 08:49:23 PM

I have already stated that I wouldn't mind the Bucs picking him with their pick. 

Truthfully, I think this thread is just the opposite as gator fans refuse to accept anyone that doesn't claim Percy is the greatest player ever produced in CFB  and already for the Hall of Fame in the NFL.    Dare not ever express any concerns!

You REALLY REALLY REALLY like Harvin..  That is rather obvious.   The fact that he is no longer considered the top pick in the upcoming draft sends the message that there are questions. 

I haven't seen a single person say Percy is the greatest college player ever or even the greatest player in this draft.  So quit making stuff up to try and make your points, it is pathetic. 

Go away and hide again.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#95 : March 23, 2009, 08:55:56 PM

and he scored a 12 on the Wonderlic so he'd make a good bowling partner for the president.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#96 : March 23, 2009, 09:12:59 PM

There remain many questions about Percy..  You shouldn't mention that wonderlic score if you know what is good for you!!

The wrath of gator fans will fall upon you!!    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#97 : March 23, 2009, 09:17:38 PM

and he scored a 12 on the Wonderlic so he'd make a good bowling partner for the president.
LMAO!!

Funniest reply I have read in quite a while!!

#98 : March 24, 2009, 07:07:49 AM

I guess this is the "new thing" to discount Percy with....you guys have failed at everything else. He is now #3 on Mayock's top WR's and  15/20 on his top 20 ahead of

Peria Jerry
Malcom Jenkins
Josh Freeman
Brain Cushing
Larry English
Evertte Brown (Didnt make the list)
Vontae Davis (didnt make the list)
DHB (didnt make the list)
Aaron Maybin (didnt make the list)
Mike Oher (didnt make the list)

So go ahead an attack the wonderlic its about all you got

LFO

Hall of Famer

#99 : March 24, 2009, 10:33:30 PM

I like Jim Rome's take on the Wonderlic:

Ball + Harvin = house call. One move in open space and this guy is Einstein.

Hey I do think there are positions where the Wonderlic might be useful, QB for sure.  But WR?  LOL.  I seriously doubt guys like Johnson, Moss (who ironically got a 12), TO did great on it.....or many other top WR.  Of course, not saying Percy is these guys both on or off the field, but the point is the WR don't have to be the greatest at solving problems....they just need to be able to run the routes, catch the ball, and make plays.  Percy can do those things....so if he doesn't know the answer to a question like

The hours of daylight and darkness in SEPTEMBER are nearest equal to the hours of daylight and darkness in:

June
March
May
November

He knows how to run, catch, and make plays.  This Dan Marino guy got a low 16 many years ago.  He had a pretty good career......on the flip side, Rex Grossman got a 29, and he makes bone headed mistakes all the time. 
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin Analysis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools