Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King: McDaniels chose Bears, Orton « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

: April 03, 2009, 07:30:25 AM

On ESPNs Mike and Mike, Peter King just reported the deal for Cutler got done with Chicago because McDaniels watched film on the QBs of the 3 teams who were serious about making a move(Bucs and McCown, Bears and Orton, Skins and Campbell) and liked Orton more than the other 2.  I am sure the Bucs had the ammo in the draft to make this move, and were willing to part with it.  Get off of Dominik... sounds like he did everything possible to make this deal go....

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

#1 : April 03, 2009, 08:00:00 AM

On ESPNs Mike and Mike, Peter King just reported the deal for Cutler got done with Chicago because McDaniels watched film on the QBs of the 3 teams who were serious about making a move(Bucs and McCown, Bears and Orton, Skins and Campbell) and liked Orton more than the other 2.� I am sure the Bucs had the ammo in the draft to make this move, and were willing to part with it.� Get off of Dominik... sounds like he did everything possible to make this deal go....

I dont blame MD for this deal

I blame him for botching the 1st and third for Cassell/Cutler three way deal

That was ALL on him...he got schooled by Pioli
All MD's fault and nothing to do with the new relationship with KC? a second? Come-on ... had nothing to do with MD screwing anything up.

Maybe to a point....BUT too much has been said that if the Bucs would have been there a little sooner to get the deal done right now we would be the winner in this trade

Enough has also been said that Dominick "didnt know" that Cassell was available for trade till he heard it on ESPN...how are you a GM and given the circumstances in NE not realize that you

could deal for Cassell? It should have been commn sense

Truth is MD arrive late, the deal was set, and we got schooled

The support this joke of a FO is getting after this offseason is making me sick.....the slogan for this offseason should be  "five and dime"

actually that has a great ring to it

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 03, 2009, 01:30:31 PM

Lets put it this way, its Mark Dominik who started all this Cutler drama to begin with by putting the trade offer out there.

That there is enough to tell me he is trying hard and willing to shake things up. Dominik got Cutler out of Denver, he will get someone in a bucs uni soon that will be a difference maker... and it may not be this season but I think he has shown he has balls to think outside the box and act on it. BA was a conservative frugal GM that didnt allow us to be competitive on the open market... at least that has changed around here.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 03, 2009, 07:38:42 AM

yeah, Orton the Great, made this deal happen.  Had nothing to do with 2 1st rounders and a 3rd for a guy who was never gonna show.  Guess when you have Chris Simms sitting there Orton would look appealing.

I seriously doubt we were in the running that would include all those picks and McCown who still would be needed as backup if anything.

#4 : April 03, 2009, 07:39:59 AM

On ESPNs Mike and Mike, Peter King just reported the deal for Cutler got done with Chicago because McDaniels watched film on the QBs of the 3 teams who were serious about making a move(Bucs and McCown, Bears and Orton, Skins and Campbell) and liked Orton more than the other 2.  I am sure the Bucs had the ammo in the draft to make this move, and were willing to part with it.  Get off of Dominik... sounds like he did everything possible to make this deal go....

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 03, 2009, 07:43:31 AM

On ESPNs Mike and Mike, Peter King just reported the deal for Cutler got done with Chicago because McDaniels watched film on the QBs of the 3 teams who were serious about making a move(Bucs and McCown, Bears and Orton, Skins and Campbell) and liked Orton more than the other 2.� I am sure the Bucs had the ammo in the draft to make this move, and were willing to part with it.� Get off of Dominik... sounds like he did everything possible to make this deal go....

All MD's fault and nothing to do with the new relationship with KC?  a second?  Come-on ... had nothing to do with MD screwing anything up.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#6 : April 03, 2009, 07:47:38 AM

Get off of Dominik... sounds like he did everything possible to make this deal go....
And of course with your screen name you have no bias either way. Face it Dominik has been nothing more than a close second on making this team  good all offseason.

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#7 : April 03, 2009, 08:32:47 AM

All MD's fault and nothing to do with the new relationship with KC? a second? Come-on ... had nothing to do with MD screwing anything up.

Maybe to a point....BUT too much has been said that if the Bucs would have been there a little sooner to get the deal done right now we would be the winner in this trade

Enough has also been said that Dominick "didnt know" that Cassell was available for trade till he heard it on ESPN...how are you a GM and given the circumstances in NE not realize that you

The support this joke of a FO is getting after this offseason is making me sick.....the slogan for this offseason should be "five and dime"

Ok, so tell me how exactly Dominik is supposed to know that those two teams were talking from the beginning and that Cutler was even being considered to be on the block?  What it posted on Rotoworld?  Does Bellichek have to call Domninik everytime he makes an inquiry?  Not to mention that Bellichek and Pioli are close and this was an inside deal all the way.

Give me a break,  this is a terrible argument for badmouthing Dominik.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#8 : April 03, 2009, 08:34:34 AM

Wow.. some of you people are totally clueless. The deal with KC was already in place as in the linebacker from the Patriots was already in Kansas City getting a physical. Dominik was late to the party and the trade had already been made. Gru/Allen wouldn't have touched either of these deals. The QB's in question are 10 years too young for either of their liking. What this board needs is more whiny wussboy post's crying about a trade that was already made to another team.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 03, 2009, 08:51:02 AM

should dominik spend his time calling the colts asking if peyton is on the block?  how about calling atl to see if ryan is tradebait? 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 03, 2009, 08:52:46 AM

This board has truly gone into the toilet.

tenfive

Starter

#11 : April 03, 2009, 08:57:10 AM

The fact that we are scrambling for a QB now couldn't possible been attributed to the fact that Gruden/Allen left the cupboards bare? We had the chance to draft 10 QBs that are starting now in the NFL. That just wasn't Gruden's way he had such a complex offense that he couldn't teach a young QB.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 03, 2009, 09:50:17 AM

Is it that hard to understand?

For some, apparently it is, FRG.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 03, 2009, 08:58:22 AM

The support this joke of a FO is getting after this offseason is making me sick.....the slogan for this offseason should be  "five and dime"

McDaniels is the one who was late to the party. He botched it. Kansas City and New England already had a deal done before he began scrambling to find a team to unload Cutler on.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 03, 2009, 09:03:08 AM

Fiveanddime,

IIRC, the reported reason the first Cutler deal didn't happen was because Denver was late, not the Bucs.

Even so, the Pats/KC was already a done deal.

How did MD screw it up?

Reachin?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King: McDaniels chose Bears, Orton « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools