Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King: McDaniels chose Bears, Orton « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

#15 : April 03, 2009, 09:16:09 AM

On ESPNs Mike and Mike, Peter King just reported the deal for Cutler got done with Chicago because McDaniels watched film on the QBs of the 3 teams who were serious about making a move(Bucs and McCown, Bears and Orton, Skins and Campbell) and liked Orton more than the other 2.� I am sure the Bucs had the ammo in the draft to make this move, and were willing to part with it.� Get off of Dominik... sounds like he did everything possible to make this deal go....

I dont blame MD for this deal

I blame him for botching the 1st and third for Cassell/Cutler three way deal

That was ALL on him...he got schooled by Pioli
All MD's fault and nothing to do with the new relationship with KC? a second? Come-on ... had nothing to do with MD screwing anything up.

Maybe to a point....BUT too much has been said that if the Bucs would have been there a little sooner to get the deal done right now we would be the winner in this trade

Enough has also been said that Dominick "didnt know" that Cassell was available for trade till he heard it on ESPN...how are you a GM and given the circumstances in NE not realize that you

could deal for Cassell? It should have been commn sense

Truth is MD arrive late, the deal was set, and we got schooled

The support this joke of a FO is getting after this offseason is making me sick.....the slogan for this offseason should be "five and dime"

actually that has a great ring to it

Ok, so tell me how exactly Dominik is supposed to know that those two teams were talking from the beginning and that Cutler was even being considered to be on the block? What it posted on Rotoworld? Does Bellichek have to call Domninik everytime he makes an inquiry? Not to mention that Bellichek and Pioli are close and this was an inside deal all the way.

Give me a break, this is a terrible argument for badmouthing Dominik.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/01/did-bucs-offer-for-cassel-come-too-late/

Im not the only one who said the Bucs were late....and Florio's Ccinnamon bobka reference was CLASSIC

Pioli schooled him

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 03, 2009, 09:21:51 AM

Pioli schooled him

i think pioli made an offer before dominik, simply because pioli wanted cassel, and we didnt.  its a lot easier to make a lowball offer than to work our a 3-way trade involving a 25 year old pro-bowl QB.  wonder if thats the reason pioli was quicker to the table?  how pioli "schooled" anyone is beyond me.  if pioli "schooled" anyone it was bellichek. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 03, 2009, 09:41:39 AM

On ESPNs Mike and Mike, Peter King just reported the deal for Cutler got done with Chicago because McDaniels watched film on the QBs of the 3 teams who were serious about making a move(Bucs and McCown, Bears and Orton, Skins and Campbell) and liked Orton more than the other 2.� I am sure the Bucs had the ammo in the draft to make this move, and were willing to part with it.� Get off of Dominik... sounds like he did everything possible to make this deal go....

All MD's fault and nothing to do with the new relationship with KC? a second? Come-on ... had nothing to do with MD screwing anything up.

Maybe to a point....BUT too much has been said that if the Bucs would have been there a little sooner to get the deal done right now we would be the winner in this trade

Enough has also been said that Dominick "didnt know" that Cassell was available for trade till he heard it on ESPN...how are you a GM and given the circumstances in NE not realize that you

The support this joke of a FO is getting after this offseason is making me sick.....the slogan for this offseason should be "five and dime"

Ok, so tell me how exactly Dominik is supposed to know that those two teams were talking from the beginning and that Cutler was even being considered to be on the block? What it posted on Rotoworld? Does Bellichek have to call Domninik everytime he makes an inquiry? Not to mention that Bellichek and Pioli are close and this was an inside deal all the way.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/01/did-bucs-offer-for-cassel-come-too-late/

Im not the only one who said the Bucs were late....and Florio's Ccinnamon bobka reference was CLASSIC

Pioli schooled him
The Bucs didn't want Cassel. The Chiefs and Pats had a deal for Cassel and then the Broncos decided they wanted Cassel. The Pats obviously don't need Cutler so the Broncos had to find another team to unload him on. So they called the Bucs and the Lions. Is it that hard to understand?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#18 : April 03, 2009, 09:52:50 AM

Pioli schooled him
The Bucs didn't want Cassel. The Chiefs and Pats had a deal for Cassel and then the Broncos decided they wanted Cassel. The Pats obviously don't need Cutler so the Broncos had to find another team to unload him on. So they called the Bucs and the Lions. Is it that hard to understand?

No...but at this point, it doesn't matter.

#19 : April 03, 2009, 09:54:37 AM

Is it that hard to understand?

For some, apparently it is, FRG.

Well then I guess I have good company...with Mike Florio and Chris Mortensen

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen has reported, with excellent elaboration via ESPN.com’s Tim Graham, that the Buccaneers offered a first-round and a third-round pick for quarterback Matt Cassel as part of the menage-a-trade that would have sent quarterback Matt Cassel to the Broncos and quarterback Jay Cutler to Tampa. So why did the Pats pass?

A reader has shared with us this nugget from Michael Felger of WEEI: Put simply, the Bucs arrived at the party too late (and possibly with a cinnamon bobka).

Show me a link where is specifically says the Broncos were late...if not then its just pure speculation

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 03, 2009, 09:56:09 AM

Well then I guess I have good company...with Mike Florio

Do you seriously want to cite Mike Florio in support of any football-related argument? You're kidding, right? You might as well cite Steve Duemig.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#21 : April 03, 2009, 09:59:44 AM

Do you seriously want to cite Mike Florio in support of any football-related argument? You're kidding, right? You might as well cite Steve Duemig.

LMAO.......or Dan Sileo(sic?)...........

#22 : April 03, 2009, 10:02:44 AM

You didnt notice Florio was quoting Chris Mortensen

As I said before show me a link where it says Dominick didnt drop the ball in this deal and I will back off...if not it is what it is and everything else is just speculation

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 03, 2009, 10:08:38 AM

As I said before show me a link where it says Dominick didnt drop the ball in this deal and I will back off...if not it is what it is and everything else is just speculation

instead of needing a link, ask yourself this, "how should dominik have handled it?"

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 03, 2009, 10:12:03 AM

instead of needing a link, ask yourself this, "how should dominik have handled it?"

Apparently, MD should be calling all teams about all players every day.

micronole

Starter
#25 : April 03, 2009, 10:16:00 AM

When Cassell looks like crap surrounding by KC's lack of Talent, it will look like Pioli "schooled" himself.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 03, 2009, 10:20:30 AM

Is it that hard to understand?

For some, apparently it is, FRG.

Well then I guess I have good company...with Mike Florio and Chris Mortensen

ESPN�s Chris Mortensen has reported, with excellent elaboration via ESPN.com�s Tim Graham, that the Buccaneers offered a first-round and a third-round pick for quarterback Matt Cassel as part of the menage-a-trade that would have sent quarterback Matt Cassel to the Broncos and quarterback Jay Cutler to Tampa. So why did the Pats pass?

A reader has shared with us this nugget from Michael Felger of WEEI: Put simply, the Bucs arrived at the party too late (and possibly with a cinnamon bobka).

Show me a link where is specifically says the Broncos were late...if not then its just pure speculation

The Pats passed because they already had a deal with KC. Anything trying to blame the Bucs is more than likely from a "source" in Denver trying to get the stink off the Broncos for being too late. All logic points to Denver being the third team who was late to the party because they're the ones who wanted Cassel. Not Tampa.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#27 : April 03, 2009, 10:22:30 AM

I can speculate how I would have handled it....the first day I was hired and the first day Cassell was franchised If I wanted Jay that bad I would have been on the phone to Denver saying

"Hello this is (enter name) with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers I am interested in Jay Cutler what are you looking for in return....ok you guys are interested in Matt Cassell...hmm let me work my magic."

"Hello this is (enter name) with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers I am interested in Matt Cassel and I am willing to give you a First and third round pick for him sound good?"

"Great lest make this offical"

"Hello this is (enter name) with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers I just got the go ahead for a deal with Cassell and we want Jay Cutler are you down with that Bro?"

"Lets make it official"

Its called agressive negotioation and going the extra mile to get what you want...something Mark Dominick has yet to do

I can also speculate what Mark Dominck did do

Day one
"Lets cut all our vets"

around Day 10
"hmm we need to improve our QB position"

around day 25
"I like Jay Cutler lets call the Broncos first to see what they will take for him"

Broncos
"We want Cassell"

Dominick calls Pats
"I wish you would have called us about 2-3 weeks ago we just agreed to send Cassell to the Chiefs for less"

Dominick
"I guess it wasnt meant to be"

#28 : April 03, 2009, 10:26:07 AM

If it was someone I wanted that terribly bad I would have been on the phone trying to get this done before the I even cracked the seal in my new office

They would be saying whose this Dominick character? He is a pain in the a$$ he really wants to get this deal done

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 03, 2009, 10:38:34 AM

If it was someone I wanted that terribly bad I would have been on the phone trying to get this done before the I even cracked the seal in my new office

They would be saying whose this Dominick character? He is a pain in the a$$ he really wants to get this deal done
Maybe he was still waiting for a call back from Bill Polian about Peyton Manning and from Kevin Colbert about Ben Roethlisberger before he could get to Cutler.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King: McDaniels chose Bears, Orton « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools