Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King: McDaniels chose Bears, Orton « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

white dragon

Practice Squad

#30 : April 03, 2009, 10:41:51 AM

This board has truly gone into the toilet.

yup

DailyRich68

Starter
#31 : April 03, 2009, 10:42:18 AM

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen has reported, with excellent elaboration via ESPN.com’s Tim Graham, that the Buccaneers offered a first-round and a third-round pick for quarterback Matt Cassel as part of the menage-a-trade that would have sent quarterback Matt Cassel to the Broncos and quarterback Jay Cutler to Tampa. So why did the Pats pass?

But the Bucs didn't want Cassell, so there's no way they make that offer until they know Denver is willing to move Cutler and get Cassell, which doesn't happen until Denver hears Cassell might be getting moved and makes their interest known.  By which point New England has already got the KC deal in motion and doesn't want to wait around for a three-team deal to get worked out and risk having to pay Cassell and Vrabel their roster bonuses, and risk missing out on free agents they want due to not having the cap space.

It's not as simple as, "Dominik is dumb and didn't act fast enough."

#32 : April 03, 2009, 10:42:44 AM

its not MD's fault...   we just didnt want Cuter as bad as Chicago did...  I would guess the Jets and Skins offered more then we did as well...  Id bet we finished 4th out of 4/5 teams as far as what we were offering.   thats because we have nothing to offer.  

The Bucs have one B+ player (Bryant)
four B- players   (Ruud, Ward, Faine, Aqib)
a handful of C+ players (Hovan, Sabby/Phillips, Graham (if healthy)

and the rest are C, C- and some D+ players.....   were missing A- and A type players.  

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 03, 2009, 10:44:50 AM

instead of needing a link, ask yourself this, "how should dominik have handled it?"

Apparently, MD should be calling all teams about all players every day.

If it was someone I wanted that terribly bad I would have been on the phone trying to get this done before the I even cracked the seal in my new office

They would be saying whose this Dominick character? He is a pain in the a$$ he really wants to get this deal done
Maybe he was still waiting for a call back from Bill Polian about Peyton Manning and from Kevin Colbert about Ben Roethlisberger before he could get to Cutler.

LOL. Yep, as DTG said, Board = Toilet...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 03, 2009, 10:45:40 AM

funny, i didnt find a link, but i was just reading the SI with ty lawson on the cover, and there is an article about cutler.  it has a quote from mcdaniels, head coach of the denver broncos, "we were late to the dance".

so while mort and florio says the Bucs were late, the broncos say the broncos were late.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 03, 2009, 10:48:05 AM

its not MD's fault... we just didnt want Cuter as bad as Chicago did... I would guess the Jets and Skins offered more then we did as well... Id bet we finished 4th out of 4/5 teams as far as what we were offering.  thats because we have nothing to offer.

The Bucs have one B+ player (Bryant)
four B- players  (Ruud, Ward, Faine, Aqib)
a handful of C+ players (Hovan, Sabby/Phillips, Graham (if healthy)

and the rest are C, C- and some D+ players.....  were missing A- and A type players. 

What are you talking about? Orton was the difference maker between three so so QBs. It had nothing to do with our other players. For some reason, (if we are to believe this report) McD thought Orton was a better fit for his system. We should blame Gruden for not having Orton on the roster somehow. He should have known Cutler was going to be available this year.

JC510

Practice Squad

#36 : April 03, 2009, 10:49:03 AM

I heard the interview with Peter King, didn't hear him say a word about the Bucs. Could have missed it though.

And FloridaNative, we have a bunch of A caliber players.

#37 : April 03, 2009, 10:51:29 AM

Its ok...we will agree to disagree

I just think too many people are letting Dominick off the hook for far too much

But thats just my opinion...as a passionate fan

#38 : April 03, 2009, 10:52:29 AM

I heard the interview with Peter King, didn't hear him say a word about the Bucs. Could have missed it though.

And FloridaNative, we have a bunch of A caliber players.

A-caliber players?  I dont think we have "A" players as individuals....  I think as a cohesive team, our team can play at about a B+ level (we can beat all non-playoff teams, and sometimes beat playoff teams)...  but individally, we dont have "A" players....

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#39 : April 03, 2009, 10:54:06 AM

Its over now guys. Let it go. Time for McCown to step up.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 03, 2009, 10:54:34 AM

If evidence comes out that Dominik dropped the ball, then most of us will be all over him.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 03, 2009, 10:57:16 AM

This board has truly gone into the toilet.

yup

LOL this board is truely downright pitiful, I have been laughing at these responses.  

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

Booker

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 03, 2009, 10:57:40 AM

What hook are we lettng him off? The imaginary one you nay sayers have created?

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 03, 2009, 11:00:04 AM

yeah, Orton the Great, made this deal happen.  Had nothing to do with 2 1st rounders and a 3rd for a guy who was never gonna show.  Guess when you have Chris Simms sitting there Orton would look appealing.

I seriously doubt we were in the running that would include all those picks and McCown who still would be needed as backup if anything.

Believe it or not, DEN needed someone to run their offense THIS YEAR. McD didnt see Luke or Campbell as capable of doing so.  No team was involved in this trade not willing to part with 2 1sts and then some.  If the Bucs were one of the 3 finalists as reported, this is virtually no way that they WERENT willing to part with a boat load of picks.  The tiebreaker was the vet QB coming back in the trade... Orton>McCown in McDaniels eyes.  Do they have a group on facebook for "orton the great"? LOL

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 03, 2009, 11:02:59 AM

Get off of Dominik... sounds like he did everything possible to make this deal go....
And of course with your screen name you have no bias either way. Face it Dominik has been nothing more than a close second on making this team  good all offseason.
Its a screename kid, get a grip.  I used to trust Gru too ;D  Not ssure how hes been nothing but a close 2nd, but suit yourself.  Dont watch next year lol

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King: McDaniels chose Bears, Orton « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools