Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King: McDaniels chose Bears, Orton « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#90 : April 03, 2009, 08:44:09 PM

I'm glad I clicked on this. You are only this crabby because this ain't Gruden doing this. If Gruden were doing this you would say "Man, Gruden is doing a stellar job, he is building through the draft and Winslow will explode in this offense." By the way... why don't you mention that we signed Derrick Ward, ya know.. that 1000 yard rusher. Nevermind, since Gruden didn't do it, it isn't worth a damn.

Gruden's gone, and you still talk about him in 95% of your posts.

You're just as pathetic as the people you post about, just at the complete other end of the spectrum.
Don't you think that everyone here bagging on the new front office is saying the exact opposite. They imply it and they mean it.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#91 : April 03, 2009, 08:46:07 PM

And that is "everyone here bagging" whomever - not Gruden.

And the new front office is having some issues - some of their own making - some handed them by the owner**CENSORED**.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#92 : April 03, 2009, 08:48:52 PM

Don't you think that everyone here bagging on the new front office is saying the exact opposite. They imply it and they mean it.

I don't have a clue as to what you are trying to say, but I'm sure it has to do with Gruden.  Your obsession is tiresome.

Ghost = Java

watson

Hall of Famer
#93 : April 03, 2009, 08:49:17 PM

That is the part that is getting ignored. �McDaniels watched film of the QBs and liked Orton more than McCown. �Not sure but that doesn't sound too good for the Buc's QB situation.

The other side to this thought process is that McDaniel had Cutler, the guy many on the board is going apopleptic about the Bucs not getting, and attempted to trade him once and eventually did trade him. So I'm not sure which speaks to McDaniels film watching skills.
Or in a different view, he tried to get the QB he had tutored and was confident in and when that failed, he couldn't undo he damage caused between him and Cutler.  It had nothing to do with not liking Cutler so much, as it was knowing what he had in Cassell.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Aspen6

Rookie
#94 : April 03, 2009, 08:50:08 PM

Get off of Dominik... sounds like he did everything possible to make this deal go....
And of course with your screen name you have no bias either way. Face it Dominik has been nothing more than a close second on making this team good all offseason.
Its a screename kid, get a grip. I used to trust Gru too ;D Not ssure how hes been nothing but a close 2nd, but suit yourself. Dont watch next year lol
Lets see he was second in the race for the biggest FA signing this offseason which was a huge postion of need, and somewhere behind #1 in the Cutler trade (a lifelong position of need). I call that 2nd best. But you can be happy and keep trusting all you want in that the team is rebuilding and trying to build through the draft, yet the team's #1 acquisition is an oft injured TE with a ton of talent and the knees of a ten year vet that cost us 2 draft picks where there was barely a need for a TE. It was one of the least needs on the team. So KID, wake up, you're the one defending Dominik's every move. Personally i was hoping for a little more from the franchise I root for when they were tons under the cap and had a ton of needs and let go of a ton of aging talent. Silly me for hoping my GM and FO might try and make the team better instead of trembling around the salary cap floor.

If Haynesworth signed with Redskins because they offered more money, and more importantly, significantly more upfront money in the form of a signing bonus, how is this Dominik's fault? If anything it's the Glazers fault. If they chose to tell Dominik to offer the biggest contract with the largest signing bonus no matter what, chances are Haynesworth would be a Buccaneer right now.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#95 : April 03, 2009, 08:52:57 PM

Being a GM or HC is a lot like being a player.  We will not know how Dominick or Morris will respond to the challenges of their new jobs until we can look back over time - just like a player.  And just like a player in preseason - they "win or lose" on a daily basis.  How this all adds up at the end of the season we will just have to wait and see.  Next up- their first draft...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#96 : April 03, 2009, 09:45:11 PM

Get off of Dominik... sounds like he did everything possible to make this deal go....
And of course with your screen name you have no bias either way. Face it Dominik has been nothing more than a close second on making this team good all offseason.
Its a screename kid, get a grip. I used to trust Gru too ;D Not ssure how hes been nothing but a close 2nd, but suit yourself. Dont watch next year lol
Lets see he was second in the race for the biggest FA signing this offseason which was a huge postion of need, and somewhere behind #1 in the Cutler trade (a lifelong position of need). I call that 2nd best. But you can be happy and keep trusting all you want in that the team is rebuilding and trying to build through the draft, yet the team's #1 acquisition is an oft injured TE with a ton of talent and the knees of a ten year vet that cost us 2 draft picks where there was barely a need for a TE. It was one of the least needs on the team. So KID, wake up, you're the one defending Dominik's every move. Personally i was hoping for a little more from the franchise I root for when they were tons under the cap and had a ton of needs and let go of a ton of aging talent. Silly me for hoping my GM and FO might try and make the team better instead of trembling around the salary cap floor.

If Haynesworth signed with Redskins because they offered more money, and more importantly, significantly more upfront money in the form of a signing bonus, how is this Dominik's fault? If anything it's the Glazers fault. If they chose to tell Dominik to offer the biggest contract with the largest signing bonus no matter what, chances are Haynesworth would be a Buccaneer right now.

The up front money was 5 million in SB (you call that significant for a 100 mil contract??). In contrast McCown got 2.5 SB a couple weeks prior.

your expectations are silly and downright laughable if you expect us to nab huge names repeatedly. Haynesworth got the biggest contract ever for a DL, and he comes with more baggage than most. Hes inconsistent and if you miss on him you are set back for years. If anything your beef should be we havent pursued Peppers... hes a much better and safer fit for us IMO.

If you arent happy with a probowl TE and a 1000 yrd back, sorry. Go root for the Redskins, or the Raiders.

Whats this go root for another team you childish lil puke. Since when can fans not have opinions about their team (positive or negative). If you don't like my opinion by all means state yours but the childish garbage is well garbage. Answer this -- has this franchise put 100% of their resources into making this franchise the best one in the NFL. Thats what I expect. They used to do that. Why shouldn't I continue to expect that year after year.

I personally like the Ward signing- who doesn't. As for Winslow- I have never been a fan. Maybe he'll win me over- mad talent- but in 5 seasons he has 1 good & 1 great years and has scored all of 11 TD's. 2 picks and 4.5mil this year- Let's hope he can better that. Also better hope he resigns- o/w he is a FA and we gave 2 picks for 2 years.

As for Haynesworth- we apparently were offering similar contract with less guaranteed and we lost out because of a 5 mil in SB.

So for all that have piled on and think I am someone who is just a whiner expecting too much- just answer the above question. Did this franchise put 100% of their resources into this team. Then answer this - did this same ownership put 100 % of their resources into Man U this year??? Why should I expect any less for the Bucs, a sold out venue for well over a decade that had huge cap carryovers meaning they didn't spend last year either.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#97 : April 04, 2009, 01:20:25 AM

Wow.. some of you people are totally clueless. The deal with KC was already in place as in the linebacker from the Patriots was already in Kansas City getting a physical. Dominik was late to the party and the trade had already been made. Gru/Allen wouldn't have touched either of these deals. The QB's in question are 10 years too young for either of their liking. What this board needs is more whiny wussboy post's crying about a trade that was already made to another team.

+1!!!

That deal to KC for the second was a bribe *wink*

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#98 : April 04, 2009, 01:38:52 AM

Orton sucks.. LOL  The media will bite on anything..   This guy is a bozo!  He will be out of a job in less than 3 years

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#99 : April 04, 2009, 12:13:01 PM

Bucfan4life.. nice... little puke? thats the best you could do?

When I tell clowns like you and Aspen to go root for other teams, its just because I am hoping you guys can then also find another message board to post at seeing as you wouldnt be buc fans anymore :)

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#100 : April 04, 2009, 12:46:25 PM

you left out childish... It's how you act when a fan questions their team. I see you conveniently ducked the question... Did this franchise put 100% of their resources into making this team the best it could possibly be?

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#101 : April 04, 2009, 12:57:37 PM

you left out childish... It's how you act when a fan questions their team. I see you conveniently ducked the question... Did this franchise put 100% of their resources into making this team the best it could possibly be?

Listen, I am not saying our owners arent broke right now.  All I am saying is that, given what we have to work with, The GM is doing his job pretty freaking well.  If you think he has free reign to go out and sign huge contracts to veteran players with unlimited funds, then this conversation can stop here.  I repeat, given the RESOURCES he has been given access to, our GM looks like a keeper.  I am not judging the resources, I am judging the moves our GM has made, and is willing to make.  I personally think the Bucs front office is in very good hands... you can judge the ownership.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#102 : April 04, 2009, 01:12:12 PM

Yet you dont know what resources he was given or what his decisions were. All you know is we missed out on talent. Dominik is the boss and all crap whether fair or not sticks to the head man in charge. I blame the franchise as a whole. I think Dominik is probably a little over his head but he is a keeper so far. I think it hurt when he lost basically the entire contract group, and Allen's right hand man that bolted for KC. But we were told by the media that Haynesworth and Cutler were top priorities. Pretty frustrating that both priorities got away!

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King: McDaniels chose Bears, Orton « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools