Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CNNSI Don Banks Round 1 Mock « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Larry Brackins

Starter
: January 26, 2007, 03:42:38 PM

The word is that Ginn might run a 4.2X type thing which will shoot him up the boards.

I like that ATL goes back and drafts ANOTHER WR in this. Matt Millen on line 3....

BTW, why the hell doesn't anyone have us winning that #$%^&# coin flip.
I want Tedd Ginn on the Bucs so bad.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#1 : January 26, 2007, 03:02:11 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/01/26/mock.draft1.part1/index.html

Sort of lame, I think.  They have Ted Ginn at #7, which is way higher than I think he'll go.  Interestingly, Gaines Adams goes one spot ahead of Jamaal Anderson at #5.  We get CJ at #4.  Okoye goes to the Rams at #13.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 26, 2007, 03:07:04 PM

The word is that Ginn might run a 4.2X type thing which will shoot him up the boards.

I like that ATL goes back and drafts ANOTHER WR in this. Matt Millen on line 3....

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#3 : January 26, 2007, 03:13:10 PM

Yeah no kidding

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 26, 2007, 03:14:01 PM

Yeah no kidding

It's the Giant Anti-Buc Coin Flip Conspiracy

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 26, 2007, 03:15:46 PM

Actually, Kiper keeps giving us the toss - I'm worried he's going to jinx us.

I think the funny thing about Detroit is that for the first time since they selected Roy Williams, they probably should take a WR. Millen has made so many mistakes in the draft, it really has effected his drafting - Ernie Sims is great, but they passed on Leinart and Cutler I suspect because he blew it on Harrington. Right now, Millen could travel into the future, find out that in fact CJ is the greatest WR of all time and still avoid picking him.

I think it's our good fortune that Millen and Al Davis have blown it recently on positions played by the 2 elite guys we are looking at.

#6 : January 26, 2007, 03:18:34 PM

Actually, Kiper keeps giving us the toss - I'm worried he's going to jinx us.

I think the funny thing about Detroit is that for the first time since they selected Roy Williams, they probably should take a WR. Millen has made so many mistakes in the draft, it really has effected his drafting - Ernie Sims is great, but they passed on Leinart and Cutler I suspect because he blew it on Harrington. Right now, Millen could travel into the future, find out that in fact CJ is the greatest WR of all time and still avoid picking him.

I think it's our good fortune that Millen and Al Davis have blown it recently on positions played by the 2 elite guys we are looking at.

With Roy Williams and the extension given to Furrey, i can't see them drafting another wr..... which is great for us Buc fans that want Calvin Johnson here.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#7 : January 26, 2007, 03:18:59 PM

I guess I can't see Kalil going in the top 20, and before Levi Brown.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 26, 2007, 03:24:33 PM

You know, it might not be the worst thing in the world for the Bucs to lose this toss, particularly if the Bucs rate Thomas and CJ equally high. I really think one of them is available at 4, because even if the QBs don't go 1-2 in a row, I don't know how Cleveland can pass on a QB (I also think Branch and Adrian Peterson are in play at 3 if Cleveland's there).

The Bucs would get one of their guys, and that gives the Bucs a higher 2nd round pick (because the picks alternate between Cleveland and TB each round). Remember what happened in 2005, when 4-5 guys that looked perfect for the Bucs near the top of round 2 dropped like flys at the end of round 1 (Castillo, Marlin Jackson, Heath Miller, Mike Patterson, Logan Mankins)? I don't want to see us come up one short on the second pick, because I think that's the pick that will largely decide whether we have a great or just good draft.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#9 : January 26, 2007, 03:44:30 PM

why?

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 26, 2007, 03:32:52 PM

McKay should just hire an outside draft service to pick the Wrs for him. The sad thing is his long-term track record on the position might be worse than Millen (think Reidel, Quez, Bert)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 26, 2007, 03:33:53 PM

McKay should just hire an outside draft service to pick the Wrs for him.

I have a dart board available for his use.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 26, 2007, 03:44:55 PM

You are gonna be sooooo disappointed then

Larry Brackins

Starter
#13 : January 26, 2007, 04:03:48 PM

You are gonna be sooooo disappointed then
No I'm not. I know we aren't going to draft him.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#14 : January 26, 2007, 04:06:02 PM

4.2?  Geeez...that would put him up there, wouldn't it?  But, still...#7 seems high to me.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CNNSI Don Banks Round 1 Mock « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools