Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs running attack be three-pronged or only two? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 20, 2009, 04:21:04 PM

we're dealing with limited sample size, but i agree that graham diddoes a better job of getting thru the LOS, although again when graham arrived on the scene he was running thru bigger holes - we saw as much from caddy when he managed to stay in games early in 2007...he got injured on a 15-yard run where he was trying to beat the safety, i think there was more of that in store had he stayed healthy.

no doubt caddy turned into a dancer without his best blocker (buenning) in 2006, but we never got to see both backs operate behind the same line for an extended period.  i'll give graham better decision making at the LOS (which is still inconclusive but what's there doesn't support caddy being better in that area), which is why in my post i said "5 yards past the LOS, there's not a run graham can make that caddy couldn't equal or beat."  i'd say that (basically the 2nd level) is where a breakaway threat is evaluated.  jerious norwood has a tough time getting out of the backfield, but he's still one of the biggest breakaway threats in football. caddy is no norwood, but it illustrates my point
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs running attack be three-pronged or only two? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools