Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Okoye « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 26, 2007, 09:30:18 PM

Not uhnless it involves a a first round pick in next year's draft, Dan. There is no value trading down out of the Top 3 (possibly) all the way to the 15th unless mulitiple 1st round picks are involved. I like the idea of having 3 second round picks, but not at the expense of losing an elite player.

Oh, they won't make a move unless (a) it's for good value or (b) they're absolutely convinced that the depth at particular positions really suit their draft needs.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#16 : January 26, 2007, 09:36:43 PM

I don't like option (b) at all DTG. As I pointed out three second round selections would be a major coup on our part, but with only a few 'Elite' players in this years draft I'd say that you lose a ton of value dropping down to the 15th, unless you recoup an extra 1st round selection. The FO should be targeting moving no lower than the 10th overall pick, and even then the trade should involve multiple first day selections. The value of the #3 overall pick is just too high.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 26, 2007, 09:45:57 PM

Understood.

#18 : January 26, 2007, 11:59:11 PM

I don't like option (b) at all DTG. As I pointed out three second round selections would be a major coup on our part, but with only a few 'Elite' players in this years draft I'd say that you lose a ton of value dropping down to the 15th, unless you recoup an extra 1st round selection. The FO should be targeting moving no lower than the 10th overall pick, and even then the trade should involve multiple first day selections. The value of the #3 overall pick is just too high.

Agree.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 27, 2007, 12:23:54 AM

if they trade down it should be no further then the 7th overall pick as miami would like okoye too at 10,picking him at 7 and then also getting a top flight wr in the second along with a DE  and a LT and we would be humming 3rd rd grab a cb or safty accordingly as to who we signed in FA .....of course that would go for all the earlier draft picks too.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 27, 2007, 07:53:53 AM

Hey 4Bucs, good to see you. Let's kick some ass this off season.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 27, 2007, 09:11:12 AM

First of all, I love the "big brain" on this kid.  No doubt he has wisdom beyond his years.  I see the "trade winds" are already blowing hard on the board.  I can't argue with the concept too much if both Thomas and Johnson are gone. 

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 27, 2007, 02:24:04 PM

Where did all the Adams love go?

Dust in the wind.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 27, 2007, 02:27:29 PM

Dust in the wind.

Out of sight out of mind. I think he missed a chance to show scouts, not just board-dwellers, his chops at the Senior Bowl and that was a mistake since he could have likely dominated the pretty poor OT talent they had in Mobile.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 27, 2007, 02:30:57 PM

Dust in the wind.

I think the thing with Adams is people know that we have a safety valve with FA, thus making the need for DE not the priority it once was. I will say this, its much more difficult to find your dominant UT than it is to find your dominant DE for this scheme.

Baghead #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 27, 2007, 02:39:04 PM

Well, the fact that DeWayne might be outta here makes me think that DE is going to be a BIG problem.  Espescially if the Bucs don't land one via FA, or draft an instant impact guy (which can be had in the draft).  I mean, Greg Spires is probably back (and he has antique legs, but a heart of a crazy man), and if the popular vote is true, Simeon is gone as well.

I like the PR plan for Rice personally.  Then you go after who they think could be had, and suddenly (on paper), the D-line looks a helluva lot better.

Mellow

Starter

#26 : January 27, 2007, 02:39:23 PM

Dust in the wind.

Out of sight out of mind. I think he missed a chance to show scouts, not just board-dwellers, his chops at the Senior Bowl and that was a mistake since he could have likely dominated the pretty poor OT talent they had in Mobile.

Good point.  Out of sight, out of mind with all the juniors too . . . and there are a lot of good ones in this draft. 

#27 : January 27, 2007, 02:40:14 PM

Dust in the wind.

I think the thing with Adams is people know that we have a safety valve with FA, thus making the need for DE not the priority it once was. I will say this, its much more difficult to find your dominant UT than it is to find your dominant DE for this scheme.

That's the point, and DE is deep enough to get quality with 2a.

Before it's all said and done, it wouldn't surprise me to see Anderson surpass Adams.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 27, 2007, 04:00:20 PM

Well, the fact that DeWayne might be outta here makes me think that DE is going to be a BIG problem. Espescially if the Bucs don't land one via FA, or draft an instant impact guy (which can be had in the draft). I mean, Greg Spires is probably back (and he has antique legs, but a heart of a crazy man), and if the popular vote is true, Simeon is gone as well.

I like the PR plan for Rice personally. Then you go after who they think could be had, and suddenly (on paper), the D-line looks a helluva lot better.

I love theCrane.  You're right he has a huge heart, but he was a shell of himself last year.  I believe he's the one that goes...I know you Rice hater's will balk...but I still think we need him...I hope we can get the Crane back on a discount and work him in on pass plays.  He's not as good as Haley was so it may be better just to cut him, but I think he can help us at a lower cost...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Okoye « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools