Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs website giving hint on no Cutler. « previous next »
Page: 1

Evanbro

Practice Squad

: March 21, 2009, 08:09:32 PM

Sorry guys for another silly thread, but buccaneers.com put a article up today titled Graham on McCown. I find it odd that they would put an article up talking about how McCown just needs a chance to start if they thought Cutler was a possibility. I could just be reading into it too much but thought I would share with you guys.

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=7010

HughC

Pro Bowler

#1 : March 21, 2009, 08:12:40 PM

Nobody associated with the team can talk about Cutler because that would be tampering; he's under contract with Denver.

But fans, bloggers, sports columnists and radio show hosts can talk about him all day long because we're not associated with the team.

Evanbro

Practice Squad

#2 : March 21, 2009, 08:13:45 PM

I understand that. What I am saying is the bucs PR staff did not have to write this article.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#3 : March 21, 2009, 08:26:16 PM

I don't read anything in to it one way or the other.  It's the off-season, the draft hasn't taken place yet.  There's not a whole lot for them to write about, other than free agents that have been signed and players that have been re-signed.  They've already announced that Garcia won't be back, so unless or until something else happens, McCown is the new QB, or at least competing for the starting job.  And being a team's new QB is as news-worthy a story as anything else that they could post.

DougTheGreat

Starter

#4 : March 21, 2009, 09:37:23 PM

All this is, is Graham saying we don't need Cutler. We knew he said this 4 days ago, nothing new... carry on.

#5 : March 22, 2009, 03:15:41 AM

The journalists on the BUcs website dont have any knowledge of whats happening with the team. They are simply saying McCown has a lot of talent and McCown just needs an opportunity. Even if the author of that article was openly rooting for us to get Cutler, there is nothing wrong with saying SOMEONE needs to give McCown an opportunity. Because its true
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs website giving hint on no Cutler. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools