Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can we please have a lil faith in Luke McCown? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

: March 21, 2009, 11:04:33 PM

yeah i know he lacks the starting experience but its a new offense now. Hes going to have a good running game with E.G and Ward, and legit reciving threats in Winslow and Bryant. The guy has good size, a good arm and is pretty fast. He has all the tools. The biggest probelm with his game last year was he held on to the ball too long and made some pretty dumb audibles but its a much more simple offense now. Im not saying hes going to the pro bowl, but obviously the organization has some sort of faith in him by extending his contract. So lets have a little faith in our potential starting Q.B

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

#1 : March 21, 2009, 11:05:26 PM

we do have a "lil faith" in Luke.... just more in Jay-C

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#2 : March 21, 2009, 11:08:39 PM

Luke McCown is not a franchise QB until he proves it. Cutler has already established himself as a franchise QB. This team has been looking for a franchise qb for a long time so history is against McCown until he proves otherwise. If the bucs front office is smart, they will do anything they can to get Cutler here.

jizzy_22

Starter

#3 : March 21, 2009, 11:09:03 PM

its lukes time to shine...we aint gettin cutler let it go...we aint givin up to first rd picks for him..give it up

BucsMagic64

Starter

#4 : March 21, 2009, 11:10:37 PM

Until he gives me something to have faith in him about, I won't have faith in him. Only one good game in his career and couldn't beat out Griese for the backup job last year. I'm not exactly thrilled over Luke McCown.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 21, 2009, 11:11:14 PM

Luke McCown.......yeh right, LOL.

NPR-BUC

Starter

#6 : March 21, 2009, 11:12:43 PM

I think if Cutler isn't obtained maybe Leftwich?

Jay Cutler is Gay!!!! The Bears Suck!!!

jizzy_22

Starter

#7 : March 21, 2009, 11:13:04 PM

who was matt cassel last yr before the season started....a back up...people just need chances

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 21, 2009, 11:15:35 PM

who was matt cassel last yr before the season started....a back up...people just need chances

We have seen McCown play plenty of times.  He is a backup, and not a very good one at that.

NPR-BUC

Starter

#9 : March 21, 2009, 11:15:47 PM

Who else would be a good fit if not Leftwich?

jizzy_22

Starter

#10 : March 21, 2009, 11:16:59 PM

Who else would be a good fit if not Leftwich?

Luke MCcown..dont get me wrong i like jay culter...but i just think 2 first rd picks is to much for him..maybe a 1st this yr and a second next would satisfy me alot more

BucsMagic64

Starter

#11 : March 21, 2009, 11:18:35 PM

Cassel still is a backup IMO. Big deal, he put up nice numbers under the best HC in the league, behind a great o-line and with the best WRs in the game. I assure his play goes down in KC.

Another thing, I'm personally tired of hearing people bring up backup to starter success stories. There is way more failure stories than successful ones. A lot of them in Tampa. Most recently including Chris Simms and Bruce Gradkowski.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 21, 2009, 11:20:20 PM

yeah i know he lacks the starting experience but its a new offense now. Hes going to have a good running game with E.G and Ward, and legit reciving threats in Winslow and Bryant. The guy has good size, a good arm and is pretty fast. He has all the tools. The biggest probelm with his game last year was he held on to the ball too long and made some pretty dumb audibles but its a much more simple offense now. Im not saying hes going to the pro bowl, but obviously the organization has some sort of faith in him by extending his contract. So lets have a little faith in our potential starting Q.B
No. Because it seemed most of the time dude stepped onto the gridiron he looked "dear in the headlights" out their. You simply cannot look confused on the field when you are playing at a premium position. Yeah, he is real confident with his words but the actions simply don't speak for them. The only game he looked real settle and calm was the Saints game which he was really prepared for. The play-calling was tremendous that game.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#13 : March 21, 2009, 11:36:42 PM

I'm Luke warm on him...

[Add witty one liner here]

NPR-BUC

Starter

#14 : March 21, 2009, 11:41:42 PM

I liked Luke in 06' I think Gruden should have started him instead of Grads. I lost interest in Luke 2 years ago. If he has not started then he will suck as a starter now.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can we please have a lil faith in Luke McCown? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools