Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can we please have a lil faith in Luke McCown? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

dodda45

Starter
#15 : March 21, 2009, 11:46:11 PM

I had faith in Dilfer, King, Simms and Grads...Every young QB that comes through here I have high hopes for and give them the benefit of the doubt...Cutler is a sure thing, though...He is 1st round pick (only Dilfer can say that)...and a Pro Bowler with impressive numbers...I think Buc fans are tired of getting burned at the QB position and to insist that we need to be patient at the most important position in football in which we have not had anyone resembling a franchise QB since Williams or Young is asking a lot...

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 22, 2009, 12:26:09 AM

Luke who?

Never heard of him!

kmitchell

Starter

#17 : March 22, 2009, 12:32:07 AM

We have all the pieces set on offense around him, he should do fine. Cutler would be elite if he played for us though.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 22, 2009, 12:35:57 AM

He is 1st round pick (only Dilfer can say that)...

True, of the guys you listed, Dilfer was the only 1st rounder.   Among Buc QB's, Doug Williams, Steve Young (supplemental, but still first pick in the draft - Reggie White was 2nd pick),  Vinny Testaverde and Trent Dilfer have all been first round picks.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 22, 2009, 12:39:45 AM

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 22, 2009, 12:49:00 AM

Here's one of the greatest plays in Buc history.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 22, 2009, 12:56:33 AM

Not bad for a QB that came in second at the senior olympics 100M.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 22, 2009, 01:01:23 AM

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=7010

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 22, 2009, 01:10:31 AM

I had faith in Dilfer, King, Simms and Grads...Every young QB that comes through here I have high hopes for and give them the benefit of the doubt...Cutler is a sure thing, though...He is 1st round pick (only Dilfer can say that)...and a Pro Bowler with impressive numbers...I think Buc fans are tired of getting burned at the QB position and to insist that we need to be patient at the most important position in football in which we have not had anyone resembling a franchise QB since Williams or Young is asking a lot...

I am in total agreement here. Everytime I keep hearing lets be patient, give the guy a chance, he shows up, stinks and my heart is broken. No more, I am declaring Luke guilty of sucking until proven innocent.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#24 : March 22, 2009, 01:11:44 AM

I think if Cutler isn't obtained maybe Leftwich?

I'm all for that.....

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 22, 2009, 09:35:13 PM

I'm not sure anyone in the league would trade QBs with us.  Looking throughout the league, I could see just the 49ers, Lions, Bears, Vikings, Houston, Buffalo, and the Jets even pondering the issue.

Shaun Hill, Drew Stanton, Kyle Orton, Sage Rosenfals, Matt Shaub, Trent Edwards, Kellen Clemmens, Luke McCown.

Sad group of quarterbacks, but I still think Orton, Rosenfals, Shaub, and Edwards are better than McCown--putting him the group with Clemmens, Stanton, and Hill-i.e. bottom 5 quarterback.

As for defensive lines.  I don't think many teams would want to trade there with us either.  We have Gaines Adams to offer and thats it.  I'm sure some teams have worse lines, but I'd have to really look hard to find them.

Schaub is surely a no, when he's right he's much better.  The rest are exactly the trash heap type players I'd think would be in the discussion.

As for our DL, yeh as sad as that is I'm not sure who, short of DET, would swap DL's with us right now.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

#26 : March 22, 2009, 01:18:43 AM

I liked Luke in 06' I think Gruden should have started him instead of Grads. I lost interest in Luke 2 years ago. If he has not started then he will suck as a starter now.

He was on IR that season because of an injury he sustained in practice. It would have been perfect for him to get the experience starting instead of Grads, but he could not play. It was too bad, but that is life.

DougTheGreat

Starter

#27 : March 22, 2009, 02:10:24 AM

its lukes time to shine...we aint gettin cutler let it go...we aint givin up to first rd picks for him..give it up
I think if Cutler isn't obtained maybe Leftwich?

I'm all for that.....

Ugh. Leftwich is garbage. What's with you people and wanting other people's garbage? I hear one case for the Grossman's, Losman's and the Leftwich's of the league every year. They're terrible, that's why they don't have a team or they're third string.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#28 : March 22, 2009, 02:42:49 AM

Weren't Farve and Warner other people's garbage?

DougTheGreat

Starter

#29 : March 22, 2009, 02:53:00 AM

Weren't Farve and Warner other people's garbage?

Yes, but they were actually good players at once in their pro careers.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can we please have a lil faith in Luke McCown? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools