Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My take on watching the Bucs/Bears game again. « previous next »
Page: 1

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: March 22, 2009, 09:35:10 PM

It was more about them being more physical up front.

Sort of like when the Bucs get into short yardage situations...for some reason, the O-line plays small at times.

maybe it was because he was sending in 3 elaborate plays and no one had the mind of gannon to execute all the info quick enough?
The O-line has pretty much one job to perform.  They listen for what sort of pass, or what sort of run, and they go out and hit something, and try to kill it...

Has nothing to do with elaborate play design, which ultimately results in checkdowns.

kmitchell

Starter

#1 : March 22, 2009, 07:50:20 PM

These are some of the players that I focused on the majority of the game.

Barber- He was absolutely dominated the entire game by Lloyd, which says a lot. At this point in his career, he should be a nickel back IMO. Barber made 2 huge plays as the NB, one sacking Orton and forcing a field goal, and the other being when he forced the pressure off a blitz for Orton to throw a pick 6.

Gilmore- He absolutely can not catch, and should not be relied on for 3rd down plays. He should stay in run-heavy packages to block.

Alex Smith- With 4 TE's, I don't see why he has a spot on the roster.

Ruud- He is a beast in drop back coverage, and great at tackling. He needs to work on covering short passes to RB's out of the back field.

Stevens- Stevens was absolutely clutch in the red zone and 3rd down situations. He was a big reason in why we won that game.

OL- Our OL gave Griese time all day to get passes off, except for the inside overload blitzes, because Griese is not very mobile. Run blocking could be better, but we were playing one of the best defenses against the run. Trueblood is a POS imo.

Stovall- I would have cut him after that game. Stovall had 4 drops, and one of them should have been a TD.

Ike- 3rd and Ike was clutch as usual, and I will miss having him on the team.

Gruden- Gruden called some great offensive plays, and some very smart packages that kept the Bears off balance. If only he was willing to draft a young franchise QB, he would be an almost perfect HC imo.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 22, 2009, 07:53:06 PM

I am watching it on tivo...Griese really kills me...OBD

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 22, 2009, 07:54:41 PM

He did play good on the sugar huddle...OBD

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 22, 2009, 08:04:31 PM

Gotta love Jerramy Stevens.  Glad to have him back.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 22, 2009, 09:11:13 PM

You know that was one of the better games I have watched in a while.  Was glad to be entertained by it.

Stevens is a mismatch.  Bryant is very capable of playing in a dominating fashion versus top tier defenses.  The Bucs O-line got overmatched by the Bears run defense.

Great game...

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 22, 2009, 09:14:48 PM

You know that was one of the better games I have watched in a while.  Was glad to be entertained by it.

Stevens is a mismatch.  Bryant is very capable of playing in a dominating fashion versus top tier defenses.  The Bucs O-line got overmatched by the Bears run defense.

Great game...
Well, I wouldn't fault the Bucs for the Bears run defense. They run blitzed like every play and forced Griese to beat them, and that he did. With his 63 attempt effort.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 22, 2009, 09:24:06 PM

You know that was one of the better games I have watched in a while. Was glad to be entertained by it.

Stevens is a mismatch. Bryant is very capable of playing in a dominating fashion versus top tier defenses. The Bucs O-line got overmatched by the Bears run defense.

Great game...
Well, I wouldn't fault the Bucs for the Bears run defense. They run blitzed like every play and forced Griese to beat them, and that he did. With his 63 attempt effort.
I know.  But even when they didn't, their front four was pushing the BUcs around pretty easily, IMO.  It was not about 5 V. 4, our a numbers mismatch, IMO.  It was more about them being more physical up front.

Sort of like when the Bucs get into short yardage situations...for some reason, the O-line plays small at times.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 22, 2009, 09:25:46 PM

It was more about them being more physical up front.

maybe it was because he was sending in 3 elaborate plays and no one had the mind of gannon to execute all the info quick enough?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#9 : March 22, 2009, 09:32:10 PM

Gotta love Jerramy Stevens. Glad to have him back.

me too..... which is why I question the logic of trading away 2 picks for K2. At 6'7, Stevens could be a beast if involved in the "O".
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My take on watching the Bucs/Bears game again. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools