Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OL Manuel Ramirez « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: January 26, 2007, 09:18:08 PM

Ramirez, who is a strong guy who benches 550 pounds, is very limited as a player. He'll play OG and nothing but at the next level. Somebody needing a big, strong guard who will shore up the run blocking will probably take him earlier than the Bucs would be willing to spend a pick on a player that lacks versatility. I think he'll be off the board on day one, and I'm not sure the Bucs will spend a first day pick on him.

#1 : January 26, 2007, 09:12:54 PM

I notice he's a guard....hmm..

watson

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 26, 2007, 08:42:04 PM

Not sure if anyone else saw it, but a couple of nights ago they had a clip of him going one on one with one of the DLs and he basically threw him about 5 feet behind him.  Any interest in him in the round 5 or 6 area?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

#3 : January 26, 2007, 08:45:33 PM

From Texas Tech?

watson

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 26, 2007, 08:49:37 PM

From Texas Tech?
Yes....I think....he is huge!

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

#5 : January 26, 2007, 08:53:32 PM

I can't find any pics of him man.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 26, 2007, 08:59:01 PM

He is a monser, won the bench press championship at TT the past 2, maybe 3 years they said. He would be a mauler. I have seen him play this week and he looked to me at least that he could play and I thought he garnered a high draft spot that what some have said.

Baghead #2

watson

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 26, 2007, 09:08:41 PM

I can't find any pics of him man.

Check the pics from Wednesday's practice....first pic

Truths:

watson

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 26, 2007, 09:22:01 PM

I notice he's a guard....hmm..
Yes.....the position is not necessarily a high need, but with Buenning recovering from the ACL and Mahan a UFA and not the best of guards to begin with, he might be worth a shot in the later rounds.

Truths:

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 26, 2007, 09:31:05 PM

But I'm pretty convinced he'll be off the board by the later rounds.

#10 : January 27, 2007, 12:06:13 AM

And to think they cut Fonoti who didn't cost them a pick and was signed for vet min.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 27, 2007, 01:48:41 PM

He's showed very well in Mobile, someone will get a good guard in a round where not-idiots draft a guard. Shame.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#12 : January 27, 2007, 07:05:35 PM

someone will get a good guard in a round where not-idiots draft a guard. Shame.
Fair enough, since he isn't even the best OG in the draft.

#13 : January 27, 2007, 07:16:29 PM

He's showed very well in Mobile, someone will get a good guard in a round where not-idiots draft a guard. Shame.
Seriously we could've had the great Jean Gilles who road pine all year.

#14 : January 27, 2007, 07:17:35 PM

Seriously we could've had the great Jean Gilles who road pine all year.
Wait, the overweight, poor pass protecting Jean-Gilles? Damn Allen can't draft....
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OL Manuel Ramirez « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools