Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Sunday Ticket....... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: March 24, 2009, 07:57:59 AM

.......to be available on cable in 2012. DirecTv and NFL agree on contract for 4 year extension at a billion a season.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#1 : March 24, 2009, 08:15:53 AM

.......to be available on cable in 2012. DirecTv and NFL agree on contract for 4 year extension at a billion a season.

On cable in 2012........that's to dam late.........everyone knows the world is ending in 2012.........

buccaneerbruce76

Starter

#2 : March 24, 2009, 08:26:50 AM

On cable in 2012........that's to dam late.........everyone knows the world is ending in 2012.........

I just watched that show on the History channel...LOL

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

CAROLINABUC

Starter

#3 : March 24, 2009, 08:34:22 AM

That's what i have been waiting for......we should be able to buy single games.......or at least single teams

Losing is not a option

#4 : March 24, 2009, 08:49:53 AM

......we should be able to buy single games.......or at least single teams

I totally agree!  I think the Ticket could actually make more $$$ this way and leave the full package to the sports bars, etc.  Especially in this economy.

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#5 : March 24, 2009, 08:55:22 AM

I totally agree!  I think the Ticket could actually make more $$$ this way and leave the full package to the sports bars, etc.  Especially in this economy.

If the economy is still this bad in 2012 I think you will have bigger things to worry about then Sunday Ticket...... Like fighting of hordes of Zombies.... and stuff like that.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 24, 2009, 09:29:43 AM

Don't get your hopes up just yet.  The Sunday Ticket will still be exclusive to DirecTV...  The "exclusive" extension runs through 2014.

The only things that change are:

- in 2012, the Red Zone Channel will be available to cable providers.
- in 2012, you can get Sunday Ticket via broadband internet... but only in markets where DirecTV is not available.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/media/nfl-directv-extend-nfl-sunday-tickettm-agreement--season/

Did anyone really think DirecTV would let Sunday Ticket go to cable?!?!?

#7 : March 24, 2009, 09:33:09 AM

Snook

I understand your point here, but it depends on who offers up the most denero.  One would think DirecTV would have the clout to outbid, but there's always another Ted Turner rich guy hanging in the weeds....LOL.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 24, 2009, 10:46:33 AM

Don't get your hopes up just yet.  The Sunday Ticket will still be exclusive to DirecTV...  The "exclusive" extension runs through 2014.

The only things that change are:

- in 2012, the Red Zone Channel will be available to cable providers.
- in 2012, you can get Sunday Ticket via broadband internet... but only in markets where DirecTV is not available.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/media/nfl-directv-extend-nfl-sunday-tickettm-agreement--season/

Did anyone really think DirecTV would let Sunday Ticket go to cable?!?!?

For one thing, it's not their decision to make. The NFL controls that, not DirecTv. The article I read specified "cable" access for Sunday Ticket. DirecTv is not cable.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#9 : March 24, 2009, 10:56:09 AM

If the economy is still this bad in 2012 I think you will have bigger things to worry about then Sunday Ticket...... Like fighting of hordes of Zombies.... and stuff like that.

LMAO........They won't be Zombies, they will be gangs of desperate humans looking to pillage to survive.......Infared cameras......some anti-personnel cannisters......a few trip flares.........some dogs to assist.......and stacks upon stacks of ammo with accommodating weapons of selective fire.......................worst case scenario.......Be ready pacifists........

grungy

Second String
#10 : March 24, 2009, 11:21:25 AM

Are the Lions gonna win the SuperBowl in 2012???

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 24, 2009, 11:59:50 AM

Nope. That is scheduled when hell freezes over.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 24, 2009, 12:00:21 PM

Nope. That is scheduled when hell freezes over.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 24, 2009, 12:09:15 PM

it will never leave directtv...time warner dont care they suck as a cable provider.. they wont even get NFL network why would they get sunday ticket..
I hope it stays on directtv

ilovebeer

Starter

#14 : March 24, 2009, 12:11:32 PM

This past season was the first season in which I had NFL ticket.  Me and a buddy split it.  I live in the northeast so I don't get to see many Buc games (only primetime) so I went from seeing 1-2 games a year to seeing all 16.  NFL ticket paired with fantasy football is really amazing.  

I don't find NFL network to be that great.  I mean they only have 1 good show (total access) that is a repeat half the time.  Then, for some reason, NFL network LOVES to show NFL football follies.  I don't understand it.  Before the thursday night games NFL network was completely worthless, in my opinion.  I do like their no nonsense approach to the draft compared to ESPN though.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Sunday Ticket....... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools