Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Bellotti stepping down.. « previous next »
Page: 1

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: December 02, 2008, 06:34:15 PM

330 press conference will be stepping down at some point to become AD at Oregon. OC Chip Kelly will take over. People expect it will be 2 years (because current AD will finish building basketball/baseball arenas, and contract up).

Pretty excited. Chip Kelly was good as gone this year or next year. Think hes one of the best offensive coaches in the country, can recruit with anyone.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 02, 2008, 08:18:26 PM

had the press conference... earliest after next year, may be a few years. Chip Kelly is the guy, said hes a Duck, wont have any interviews with any teams. Chip Kelly is in Florida recruiting, Bellotti is visiting Bryce Brown today, both were on phone so it was pretty short. Everyone is pretty excited around here.

RideInMyChevy

Second String

#2 : December 02, 2008, 09:02:47 PM

That is a good move for the U of O.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 02, 2008, 09:12:35 PM

That is a good move for the U of O.

I think so... IMO he may be the best OC in the country, at worst top 3. The 2 years hes been here hes had some of the best offenses. Now Oregon needs to close on Bryce Brown, cant see how he can go to Miami after watching the civil war. IMO the guy will be better then Jonathan Stewart. My fingers are crossed.

RideInMyChevy

Second String

#4 : December 02, 2008, 09:55:30 PM

Yeah I have always liked Oregon, dating back to the pre-Rich Brooks era. I always wanted the Bucs to draft Alex Molden... thankfully they didn't.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 02, 2008, 10:04:03 PM

Yeah I have always liked Oregon, dating back to the pre-Rich Brooks era. I always wanted the Bucs to draft Alex Molden... thankfully they didn't.

yep loved Alex Molden. Saw him at the last 2 Oregon games... just went into the Uof O hall of fame. Now Brooks sounds like he may be on the way out at Kentucky. Molden didnt live up to his billing, but he was a great college CB

RideInMyChevy

Second String

#6 : December 02, 2008, 10:23:08 PM

Injuries seemed to do Molden in. He was out of football pretty quick.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 02, 2008, 11:04:49 PM

Injuries seemed to do Molden in. He was out of football pretty quick.

yep

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 04, 2008, 11:48:44 AM

Well I like their unis.

I'm not so sold on their O being one of the great examples of its kind, but that's maybe because of how few games of theirs I actually manage to watch.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 04, 2008, 11:22:03 PM

Well I like their unis.

I'm not so sold on their O being one of the great examples of its kind, but that's maybe because of how few games of theirs I actually manage to watch.

Its marketing...

symbol is one of the top 10 most reconizble symbols, in college.

Just like their unis... football is also about marketing a product. And that symbol hasnt been around long

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 06, 2008, 02:35:31 PM

Apprantely Chip Kelly would have been the leader for the Mississippi State job. According to the paper in Eugene. Thus if Oregon didnt offer the job, he would have probably been gone.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 13, 2009, 08:51:00 PM

Bellotti off in the sunset as one of the greatest Pac-10 coaches.

His main fault was loyalty to coaches.

Bellotti took Oregon to being contenders in the pac-10, hopefully Chip builds on it.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Bellotti stepping down.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools