Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone watching Brian Leonard? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsAddict

Starter

#15 : January 27, 2007, 06:26:05 PM

Don't have NFL Network.

My cable company tells me I do, yet I clearly do not. I can't even get them to send someone out just to prove to them I'm not getting half the channels I'm paying for.

who is your provider?

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 27, 2007, 06:33:00 PM

I'm sorry that you guys can't watch it, but his technique is great. Just like any blocker, you have to be focused on that one person to notice them.

As a receiver and a runner, he's got some moves. As a blocker, he knocked Willis, the LB out of Ol' Miss, on his rear, and he continues to open up lanes for Tony Hunt.

I agree with you on the receiving and running but I've seen him miss as many blocks as he's made.   Consider to that the north's d is by far more superior and McClain is the only one blocking them with authority.  I would just rather see a guy that wants to play FB and not someone who doesn't want to use his natural talents to better his team regardless of where he lines up.

Edit-Leonard is in a tailback now and is doing good at cut blocking the guys blitzing on the corners.

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 27, 2007, 06:52:25 PM

So we're gonna go from one poor blocking/good runner FB to another?  No thanks.  We need a FB that can BLOCK.  Caddy will handle the running, and better than any FB out there.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 27, 2007, 07:06:21 PM

Don't have NFL Network.

My cable company tells me I do, yet I clearly do not. I can't even get them to send someone out just to prove to them I'm not getting half the channels I'm paying for.

who is your provider?

I live in VA and have a company called NTC.  They are by far the most maddening company I have ever had dealings with in my life, but I have no other options.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 27, 2007, 07:14:24 PM

So we're gonna go from one poor blocking/good runner FB to another? No thanks. We need a FB that can BLOCK. Caddy will handle the running, and better than any FB out there.

That's were I stand as well.  Leonard showed great things but I think McClain is the better blocker and he also caught a short pass that was thrown before he had turned around and was ready.  It hit him in the hands right as he turned but he showed good concentration, caught the ball and turned it up field for positive yardage.

watson

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 27, 2007, 08:01:26 PM

Don't have NFL Network.

who is your provider?

I live in VA and have a company called NTC. They are by far the most maddening company I have ever had dealings with in my life, but I have no other options.
I live in SC and when Time Warner regionalized and took in my cable provider my service went to crap.....so I changed to Direct TV and my service is so much better and I get get the NFL Network and the NFL Sunday Ticket.  Check it out.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 28, 2007, 01:12:29 AM

So we're gonna go from one poor blocking/good runner FB to another? No thanks. We need a FB that can BLOCK. Caddy will handle the running, and better than any FB out there.
Poor blocker?

Bah!!!  HERESY!!!

Brian Leonard is the definition of Heat Seeking Missile!  The fact that he can straight(edit) line blaze isn't a negative at all.  IT just shows that fast guys can block as well.  And be a valuable asset to an offense.  In my opinion, he is in a new category of FB.  A guy you can hand the ball off to, and then line him up in a I form and let him drill linebackers, or hamper DEs...  Leonard is no sissified blocker, believe that!

#22 : January 28, 2007, 01:13:33 AM

Poor blocker?

Bah!!! HERESY!!!

Brian Leonard is the definition of Heat Seeking Missile! The fact that he can flat line blaze isn't a negative at all. IT just shows that fast guys can block as well. And be a valuable asset to an offense. In my opinion, he is in a new category of FB. A guy you can hand the ball off to, and then line him up in a I form and let him drill linebackers, or hamper DEs... Leonard is no sissified blocker, believe that!
He's no Razzano...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 28, 2007, 01:14:59 AM

He is five times the man Razano is.  And he never had to shrink his balls to do it!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 28, 2007, 01:23:13 AM

(regarding my prior statement)

It made no sense in some ways, was just trying to make a point, I guess...I think...

#25 : January 28, 2007, 01:43:15 AM

He is five times the man Razano is. And he never had to shrink his balls to do it!
I'm sure you know all about Leonard's balls ;)
JK

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 28, 2007, 09:57:45 AM

McClain is the better FB. Leonard show some nice things but right now he looks like a second HB.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 28, 2007, 10:18:55 AM

McClain is the better FB. Leonard show some nice things but right now he looks like a second HB.

Not only that but McClain can be obtained with a lower draft pick.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 28, 2007, 09:46:02 PM

Blocking, bowling people over? He looks good!

PRI didn't like his performance. ?? From what I saw he's more of a RB than FB. A lot of draftniks have compared him to Mike Alstott. I think he's more of a change of pace RB to Caddys slash and speed style. I think Leonard is quicker and has quicker feet than the A Train. He's be perfect fit for the Bucs.

PR might be helping throw out that early smokescreenon him IMO.

Did anyone see him flat out bowl over patrick willis on that 4th and 2 early in the Senior Bowl. That was impressive.

#29 : January 28, 2007, 09:56:26 PM

i wish he hadn't lost the weight.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone watching Brian Leonard? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools