Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone watching Brian Leonard? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#30 : January 28, 2007, 09:58:23 PM

i wish he hadn't lost the weight.

who knows, maybe before the draft at the combine they will make him bulk back up?

T

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 28, 2007, 10:39:28 PM

I was unimpressed with him.

#32 : January 28, 2007, 11:25:49 PM

McClain > Leonard.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 29, 2007, 08:52:23 AM

i wish he hadn't lost the weight.

who knows, maybe before the draft at the combine they will make him bulk back up?

He'll stay light for the combine and run and test well and then bulk up for the campus visits unless he runs on campus and not at the combine. The game prospects play is to slim and tirm for whatever they run to be as fast as possible and then bulk back up for wherever they get weighed.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 30, 2007, 09:06:54 AM

McClain > Leonard.
Not a chance in hell.

At FB, that is most assuredly a true statement unless you jones on 224 lbs fullbacks. It is also true if you view a FB's main job as lead blocking. Leonard might run to the outside better but that isn't the FB's job here so why get a guy who is best at doing things we don't want our FB to do?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 29, 2007, 08:20:44 PM

McClain > Leonard.
Not a chance in hell.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#36 : January 29, 2007, 11:48:13 PM

The Bucs were reportedly smitten with Rutgers FB/RB Brian Leonard at the Senior Bowl.

Tampa drafted Cadillac Williams after coaching him in Mobile, and could use Leonard in a Mike Alstott-like role. [/quote[

rotoworld.com

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 29, 2007, 11:51:45 PM

I would think the Bucs have other deeper issues to worry about, but no doubt he brings depth to the RB corp.  Lining him up with Carnell would be sweet, on all fronts IMO.  He gets a fine lead blocker, it adds versatility to the offense (think pass catching).  Couple that with Joe Thomas, and suddenly Caddy has a shot at 1300-1400 yards, IMO.

watson

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 30, 2007, 09:18:19 AM

I want a snot knocking FB like Lo Neal in SD is.  I see that in McClain....not sure Leonard is that type of player. 

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 30, 2007, 12:52:09 PM

McClain > Leonard.
Not a chance in hell.

At FB, that is most assuredly a true statement unless you jones on 224 lbs fullbacks. It is also true if you view a FB's main job as lead blocking. Leonard might run to the outside better but that isn't the FB's job here so why get a guy who is best at doing things we don't want our FB to do?
...errr...because being predictable isn't something the WCO prides itself on.

And Leonard can block very well.  He may not drill a Lineman into the ground, but he can hang stout with them.  And he does drill DBs into the ground, and stones LBers.  Honestly, you guys keep bringing this weight issue to the fore, yet it really doesn't imply that Leonard who is the better athlete by a landslide, can't block.  The man can flat out block, and he is QUICKER getting to a spot where it would be necessary.

He isn't a snot bubble type of blocker, but how many Rick Razzano are there in the world? ::)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 30, 2007, 01:58:16 PM

Leonard dodn't block very well at the SB. He got smoked in the line too many times. He can block like a WR does but if that is your critieria go ahead and play Graham there.

As for the WCO line, let's see the best versions of that offense had Tom Rathman (SF with Montana), Jon Ritchie (OAK), Williams Henderson (GB ), and William Floyd (SF with Young) all of whom bear a lot more in common with McClain than Leonard interms of being battering rams that were useful checkdown options. Floyd is the closest to Leonard in that group and the mosr carries he had in any season was 78, Henderson never had more than 31, Rathman actually got 101 carries one year. Jon Ritchie had a TOTAL of 14 carries in Gruden's time in OAK and went 2 years with zero. Alstott isn't what we want, nor is it what the position historically has been asked to do in this offense.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone watching Brian Leonard? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools