Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone watching Brian Leonard? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
: January 29, 2007, 04:35:29 PM

i wish he hadn't lost the weight.

who knows, maybe before the draft at the combine they will make him bulk back up?

He'll stay light for the combine and run and test well and then bulk up for the campus visits unless he runs on campus and not at the combine. The game prospects play is to slim and tirm for whatever they run to be as fast as possible and then bulk back up for wherever they get weighed.

They don't get weighed at the combine?  If this is what this kid is doing he needs to fire his agent.  No team will care what he runs at 225 lbs because no team wants him to play at that weight.  He needs to let the dream of being a HB die and do what's best for his career.

40freighttrain

Second String

#1 : January 27, 2007, 05:06:59 PM

Blocking, bowling people over? He looks good!

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 27, 2007, 05:10:22 PM

Don't have NFL Network.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 27, 2007, 05:12:01 PM

Don't have NFL Network.

My cable company tells me I do, yet I clearly do not.  I can't even get them to send someone out just to prove to them I'm not getting half the channels I'm paying for.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 27, 2007, 05:13:37 PM

Brighthouse doesn't get NFL Network I don't think.  To my knowledge they haven't come to an agreement yet. 

I do however get Futbol de la diga Mexicana and Top Chef.

Frank784

Practice Squad
#5 : January 27, 2007, 05:14:53 PM

I've tried searching, and it seems that there isn't even a gametracker anywhere.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 27, 2007, 05:17:21 PM

He is looking good but he's lost weight and publicly said he wants to play tailback and not be a receiving/blocking fullback which is exactly what the Bucs offense needs.

His feet are good and he's got some moves, great at catching the ball.

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#7 : January 27, 2007, 05:23:19 PM

I've tried searching, and it seems that there isn't even a gametracker anywhere.

You can listen to the game with this link:
http://www.wnsp.com/index2.php?lang=ENG&page=listenlive.html

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#8 : January 27, 2007, 05:28:43 PM

He doesn't look like a great blocker.  He looks ok but not dominate.  I believe he also caught a pass or two out of the backfield and looked good doing it.  The announcers seem to think he doesn't want to be a fullback on the NFL level. 

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 27, 2007, 05:32:32 PM

Has the Alabama fullback made it on the field yet?  If so, how does he look?

Frank784

Practice Squad
#10 : January 27, 2007, 05:33:11 PM

You can listen to the game with this link:
http://www.wnsp.com/index2.php?lang=ENG&page=listenlive.html

Awesome, thanks a lot man.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 27, 2007, 05:34:45 PM

He doesn't look like a great blocker.  He looks ok but not dominate.  I believe he also caught a pass or two out of the backfield and looked good doing it.  The announcers seem to think he doesn't want to be a fullback on the NFL level.

Yeah that has been getting a lot of media coverage.  He has told people that the weight loss was intentionally to showcase his skills as a tailback and doesn't want to be a FB in the NFL.  **CENSORED** Vermeil said it best "There's to much competition at tailback, every team needs a fullback."

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 27, 2007, 05:53:51 PM

still not sold on him ... he wants to be a tailback ... we need a fullback ... thats all we need is a new guy that gets his own website ... GiveBrianTheBall.com

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#13 : January 27, 2007, 06:05:59 PM

Blocking, bowling people over? He looks good!

he looks like I'm watching a 3rd down conversion for the bucs, and Allstott running the ball.........just mowing them over

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

40freighttrain

Second String

#14 : January 27, 2007, 06:16:08 PM

I'm sorry that you guys can't watch it, but his technique is great. Just like any blocker, you have to be focused on that one person to notice them.

As a receiver and a runner, he's got some moves. As a blocker, he knocked Willis, the LB out of Ol' Miss, on his rear, and he continues to open up lanes for Tony Hunt.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone watching Brian Leonard? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools