Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Playoff Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#1935 : July 13, 2009, 07:52:07 PM

That is great news just saw it on the ESPN crawl....

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1936 : July 16, 2009, 08:15:05 PM

Utah matches Millsap (no surprise)

It seems pretty likely they may pursue Odom. Odom is good friends with assistant coach Bill Bayno (the epic recruiting scandal at UNLV), and Odom told him he has interest.

But no way in hell I see Odom in Portland.

Thus Portland should stay pat, and make moves around the deadline, where teams will be firing sale for 2010 FA. And see if you can make a run in the 2nd half of the year

#1937 : July 16, 2009, 08:34:04 PM

It seems pretty likely they may pursue Odom. Odom is good friends with assistant coach Bill Bayno (the epic recruiting scandal at UNLV), and Odom told him he has interest.

Thus Portland should stay pat, and make moves around the deadline, where teams will be firing sale for 2010 FA. And see if you can make a run in the 2nd half of the year
Heard Odom resigned with Lakers. Just a rumor though. something like 4 years 32 mill

Booker

Hall of Famer

#1938 : July 16, 2009, 08:43:22 PM

He was wanting 10 mil a year so I don't know if it is true. I hope it is.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#1939 : July 16, 2009, 08:47:49 PM

Heard Odom resigned with Lakers. Just a rumor though. something like 4 years 32 mill

I'm listening to the Lakers flag station in L.A. and they just now mentioned the rumors..

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1940 : July 16, 2009, 09:09:33 PM

yeah heard that... not a surprise.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#1941 : July 17, 2009, 10:01:48 PM

Miami are getting pretty desperate.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1942 : July 17, 2009, 10:40:12 PM

Miami are getting pretty desperate.

gotta keep wade so you gotta make him happy

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1943 : July 23, 2009, 06:09:23 PM

Matt Barnes signed with the Magic... magic fans care anymore? I think its a great signing, Magic are getting some solid depth

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1944 : July 23, 2009, 06:12:30 PM

My Greg Oden non news...

via twitter at USA camp...
"McGee, Randolph, Lopez, and Milsap have all tried to take it at Oden. All have failed

"Greg just stuffed Jeff Green at the hoop with extreme prejudice. GO showed a little swag after that"

"Iggy joins the list of players to have their attempts at the bucket denied by GO. Refs calling games, and no, fouls have not been an issue"

GO's first jump hook of the scrimmage over Lopez is money. Looked more fluid and natural than last season. Then again, it's just one shot"

Coach Jay Triano: "Oden was the surprise of the practice. He shut down everthing inside."

---I was circling this date in the offseason to get NON Blazers PR pumped news on Oden. Seems like he may be coming along. My fingers crossed

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1945 : July 26, 2009, 11:59:43 AM

It appears Odom is leaning towards the Heat.

SAS, and Portland will have improved more than the Lakers. It should be a dogfight out west this year.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#1946 : July 27, 2009, 12:47:18 PM

SAS, and Portland will have improved more than the Lakers. It should be a dogfight out west this year.

Odom rumors change from day to day. Nothing will be concrete until he actually signs, but you'd think he'd have inked the Miami contract by now if he really wanted to..

SAS and Portland also had more room for improvement, even tho I don't think Portland addressed thier front line as much as they need to...

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1947 : July 27, 2009, 06:55:28 PM

Odom rumors change from day to day. Nothing will be concrete until he actually signs, but you'd think he'd have inked the Miami contract by now if he really wanted to..

SAS and Portland also had more room for improvement, even tho I don't think Portland addressed thier front line as much as they need to...

Portland still needs a backup PF, and it sounds like it will be addressed. They almost got David Lee the day they landed Miller, but couldnt get a sign and trade done and Portland and Lee agreed he wouldnt get the mins he would want.

I think the front court will be fine if Oden improves, which it sounds like its happening. Pryzbilla/Oden/Aldridge is solid well Outlaw has played good at times as a backup PF.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#1948 : July 27, 2009, 08:45:07 PM

Portland still needs a backup PF, and it sounds like it will be addressed. They almost got David Lee the day they landed Miller, but couldnt get a sign and trade done and Portland and Lee agreed he wouldnt get the mins he would want.

I think the front court will be fine if Oden improves, which it sounds like its happening. Pryzbilla/Oden/Aldridge is solid well Outlaw has played good at times as a backup PF.

Millsap would've been a nice fit. But at the FO made it clear that they know what's needed..

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1949 : July 28, 2009, 01:08:39 AM

Millsap would've been a nice fit. But at the FO made it clear that they know what's needed..

I like the Miller signing more than Millsap. But both would have been nice. At least we sorta screwed Utah

Page: 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Playoff Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools