Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Playoff Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 132

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#45 : April 07, 2009, 04:05:49 PM

Whoever draws San Antonio is going to breath alot easier with Ginobili gone. But nothing's more dangerous than a wounded animal...

hope its the blazers cause we wont beat Houston

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#46 : April 07, 2009, 04:55:37 PM

Whoever draws San Antonio is going to breath alot easier with Ginobili gone. But nothing's more dangerous than a wounded animal...

Watched that game. Blazers had alot of energy, just got out-physicaled (sp) looked like. That, and the FT shooting was off..

Looks like Bynum's gonna be there for that Laker game at the Rose Garden..

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#47 : April 07, 2009, 06:09:19 PM

Watched that game. Blazers had alot of energy, just got out-physicaled (sp) looked like. That, and the FT shooting was off..

Looks like Bynum's gonna be there for that Laker game at the Rose Garden..

yeah it sucked cause I bet on it in Vegas. But I did ok the day before.

Lakers game should be good

MBF

Hall of Famer

#48 : April 07, 2009, 07:36:19 PM

The Hawks are playing some bad basketball right now.

#49 : April 08, 2009, 01:31:51 AM

Playoffs are a different animal tho. Orlando should cruise thru the first round, but whoever they matchup with in the second round is going to be a better defensive team and falling behind big is going to be harder to overcome, especially if the opponent knows it's coming from the perimeter...

no doubt. Falling behind is never fun, ESPECIALLY in the playoffs. However with as many pure shooters as the Magic have it atleast gives me hope when we are down, which can be nice.

Being a winning team on the road in the regular season is also something that doersnt necessarily carry over to the playoffs. I guess what excites me most about the Magic and their chances is that they are a deadly outside shooting team that likes to run, but they also have an inside presence. The downfall of most running teams is the lack of an inside presence, but the Magic have it. We just need REALLY good PG play and Im not sold that we will get it

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#50 : April 08, 2009, 09:28:33 PM

Best win all year for Portland. Now tied for the 3rd seed. If they can get the 3rd seed, I think they can go deep.

#51 : April 09, 2009, 01:50:57 AM

I thoguht about watching the game but with no Manu it just wasnt worth my time. Besides I had to watch the MAgic and Rays and only had so much time on commercials.

Looks like the Spurs didnt show up after the 1st quarter

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#52 : April 09, 2009, 01:05:10 PM

Best win all year for Portland. Now tied for the 3rd seed. If they can get the 3rd seed, I think they can go deep.

Without Manu and Duncan was obviously hurting. But the Blazers should still gain alot of confidence with the way they've been playing on the road lately..

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#53 : April 09, 2009, 01:52:32 PM

Without Manu and Duncan was obviously hurting. But the Blazers should still gain alot of confidence with the way they've been playing on the road lately..

Yeah, but Portland hasnt won in SA 11 straight times, and IMO its a huge confidence boost. If Portland wins tomm I think they will get the 3rd seed.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#54 : April 09, 2009, 02:07:41 PM

Yea, tomorrow is gonna be big. The Lakers really want to win in Portland, but they could be spent after the Denver game tonight. Tough b2b for anyone..

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#55 : April 09, 2009, 02:17:13 PM

Yea, tomorrow is gonna be big. The Lakers really want to win in Portland, but they could be spent after the Denver game tonight. Tough b2b for anyone..

Hopefully the Lakers win tonight

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#56 : April 09, 2009, 03:22:34 PM

The fight for the 3rd seed...
Remaining schedule of the 3 teams tied.
Portland...
Lakers
@Clippers
OKC
Denver

Spurs
Utah
@ Sacramento
@ Warriors
Hornets

Houston
@ Sacramento
@ Golden State
vs Hornets
@ Dallas

Heres how the plyoffs would breakdown today in the east
Cavs vs Pistons
Boston Chicago
Orlando Philly
Atlanta Miami

wont do the west today because 3 teams are dead tied, but instead broke down the 3 teams schedules

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#57 : April 09, 2009, 03:53:34 PM

The real race in the west is the one not to be the 8th seed.. lol

Bucfanut

Starter

#58 : April 09, 2009, 04:00:36 PM

My Jazz appear to not give a damn at this point where they finish. What a lifeless effort. The Mavs played really well. Thought after the win in New Orleans my boys were turning it around but, so much for that. Portland looks impressive, and with that final game they have vs Denver, the way things shake down they could win the NW division.  My Jazz have a good nucleus but they need to make changes to improve this matador D,  and as much as i hate to say it, it may take a 1st round thumping for the FO to make the necessary moves.  Unfortunately, AK and Boozer's contracts are enormous and Booz may opt out anyway. If they let Millsap go and keep Booz instead i'll be ticked.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#59 : April 09, 2009, 05:06:00 PM

If I may ask, Bfnut, what exactly is Boozer's role supposed to be? Everytime I see a Jazz game, I can't figure it out. He's a good player, but sometimes looks so lost..
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 132
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Playoff Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools