Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Playoff Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 132

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#60 : April 09, 2009, 05:13:47 PM

The real race in the west is the one not to be the 8th seed.. lol

hahaha yeah true. If I was the Lakers I rather play Dallas then Utah

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#61 : April 09, 2009, 05:14:47 PM

My Jazz appear to not give a damn at this point where they finish. What a lifeless effort. The Mavs played really well. Thought after the win in New Orleans my boys were turning it around but, so much for that. Portland looks impressive, and with that final game they have vs Denver, the way things shake down they could win the NW division.  My Jazz have a good nucleus but they need to make changes to improve this matador D,  and as much as i hate to say it, it may take a 1st round thumping for the FO to make the necessary moves.  Unfortunately, AK and Boozer's contracts are enormous and Booz may opt out anyway. If they let Millsap go and keep Booz instead i'll be ticked.

I think Denver can clinch the NW if they beat LA, if not I think Portland has a shot. We will see

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#62 : April 09, 2009, 05:19:41 PM

The real race in the west is the one not to be the 8th seed.. lol

hahaha yeah true. If I was the Lakers I rather play Dallas then Utah

Yea, I agree. Utah poses a bigger matchup problem. Dallas is as perfect a matchup in LA's favor as a team can be..

Bucfanut

Starter

#63 : April 09, 2009, 10:34:32 PM

Boozer is supposed to be the main scoring option, allegedly, he should be to DWill what Malone was to Stockton. Problem is he's undersized, oft injured (he isnt 100% now), and his effort on the defensive end of the court stinks. That's a big problem with the Jazz right now...a lot of players (namely Boozer and Kirilenko), don't have clearly defined roles, and neither one is exactly a team 1st sort of guy. Boozer also just recently filed for divorce, which probably further exacerbates the issue.

#64 : April 09, 2009, 11:41:03 PM

The Jazz, Lakers, Spurs, and Blazers are represented here but only the Hawks and Magic in the East. Its nice having a variety of fans though, it helps me follow teams that I dont see much because I know you guys know your teams inside and out

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#65 : April 09, 2009, 11:46:47 PM

The Jazz, Lakers, Spurs, and Blazers are represented here but only the Hawks and Magic in the East. Its nice having a variety of fans though, it helps me follow teams that I dont see much because I know you guys know your teams inside and out

this board has made me cheer for the Magic in the east.

#66 : April 09, 2009, 11:58:14 PM

Its kind of a letdown not having Nelson. I would be so pumped right now if Nelson was healthy.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#67 : April 10, 2009, 12:00:40 AM

Its kind of a letdown not having Nelson. I would be so pumped right now if Nelson was healthy.

I bet. I never was a big fan of Alston

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#68 : April 10, 2009, 12:01:46 AM

Blazers are pretty dang big now here. They say its a 50-75$ get in for tomm game (10$ seats). Its gonna be wild. I cant imagine playoff time.

#69 : April 10, 2009, 12:07:30 AM

yea but its atleast to the magics advantage that of all the teams in the league Orlando is probably the best fit for Alston. It was a great trade considering teh circumstances, but when we will really need Nelson is in a 7 game series vs a team with great team defense. Thats where we might really miss him

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#70 : April 10, 2009, 12:33:43 AM

yea but its atleast to the magics advantage that of all the teams in the league Orlando is probably the best fit for Alston. It was a great trade considering teh circumstances, but when we will really need Nelson is in a 7 game series vs a team with great team defense. Thats where we might really miss him

yeah the trade was good because they needed a PG.

Its not like Portland has a great PG.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#71 : April 10, 2009, 10:58:33 AM

"Can the Magic win a title with Rafer Alston? Why not? Many teams have earned rings without a great point guard"

Interesting article

#72 : April 10, 2009, 11:22:16 AM

As a Cavs fan, im not afraid of Boston this year. Orlando is the scarier team to face right now, hopefully with Big Ben coming back we will be able to slow down Howard and make the rest of the team beat us without the low post option.
We should have home court locked up by Sunday. Hopefully Portland will handle business tonight and we go up 2 games on the Lakers for home court in the Finals.

#73 : April 10, 2009, 12:57:28 PM

woo hoo a Cavs fan! You should post here more. What scares me more than Big Ben is Big Z. True 7 footers or gusy who are even bigger than that (Big Z, Yao, etc) tend to give Howard rebounding troubles. Howard is probably only 6'10-6'11 and as good of a leaper as he is he sometimes struggles to get position against the really big guys. I dont think BIg Ben is that good of an on the ball defender anyways. Im not that worried about him.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#74 : April 10, 2009, 01:05:12 PM

I like the Magic because of Howard. He'd make a great Laker lol. And they swept LA, so there's a lot of respect there too..

Tonight, Portland is pumped, the Lakers want to make a statement, gonna be a great game. Bynum looked strong in his 20 minutes of PT last night. I hope Rambis gives him more minutes (Phil Jax not making the trip), they're gonna need his boards tonight..
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 132
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Playoff Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools