Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Playoff Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 132

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 02, 2009, 07:24:20 PM

Orlando is 0-3 vs. Detroit this season.  There is still some stigma with that team for the Magic.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 02, 2009, 07:32:12 PM

Didn't know that. I was going by the way Detroit has been playing lately.

I still don't see them taking down the Magic in a 7 game series, but I've been wrong before..

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 02, 2009, 08:00:29 PM

Orlando is 0-3 vs. Detroit this season.  There is still some stigma with that team for the Magic.

and I heard they lost like 22 of 24

Booker

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 02, 2009, 08:17:45 PM

Regular season means nothing really. Do you think Charlotte would beat the Lakers in a series?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 02, 2009, 08:18:57 PM

Regular season means nothing really. Do you think Charlotte would beat the Lakers in a series?

no one is saying that. But Detroit does have Orlando's number, but I agree in a 7 game series Id take Orlando

#35 : April 02, 2009, 09:16:40 PM

Orlando is 0-3 vs. Detroit this season. There is still some stigma with that team for the Magic.

no doubt. They are a tough matchup for the Magic. Detroit will not be a threat to make noise in the East this year, but against the Magic they will be a stronger team than they would in most other matchups. I could see Detroit getting swept by Chicago or Miami but against Orlando it could go 6 or 7 games.

Detroit has got worse, and even without Nelson the Magic are still a better team than theyve been the last 2 years and they have gained much needed playoff experience. They are goign to be hungry and play with a lot of intensity if they get Detroit

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 03, 2009, 03:06:51 PM

Utah doesn't look as scary as they are being portrayed. Last night against the Nuggets they looked downright terrible. They're probably a bigger home dependent team than Portland.

BTW, love that Blazer whipping on Utah a few days ago, OBF. Only gave 5, made me some $$$..   ;D

MBF

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 03, 2009, 06:41:05 PM

A.I. out for the rest of the season

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 03, 2009, 07:37:52 PM

Los Angeles Times: While most of the Lakers took Thursday off, enough were around to play three-on-three with Bynum, which was another step in his goal to play in a game before the regular season is over. [Coach] Jackson watched Bynum play three-on-three and noted some progress.

"He's got some hop in his legs" Jackson said. "He looked to block shots — those type of things that you look for, reactive things and recovery things, both going up quickly and not thinking about it and coming down and containing his body balance and his strength."

Just in time, woohoo!   8)

Bucfanut

Starter

#39 : April 03, 2009, 08:14:39 PM

Utah doesn't look as scary as they are being portrayed. Last night against the Nuggets they looked downright terrible. They're probably a bigger home dependent team than Portland.

BTW, love that Blazer whipping on Utah a few days ago, OBF. Only gave 5, made me some $$$.. ;D

As a long time Jazz fan I can tell you this is one of the softer Jazz teams i've seen...especially on the road. And the shame of it is they have the talent to be better than this, even with their defensive deficiences, for their road record to be that putrid is embarrassing. Aside from Dwill and Millsap, the effort away from SLC isnt there; especially with AK47 and Memo. It's exasperating to watch such matador defense. Whats most disappointing is this team has a lot of depth and overall talent but mentally they just arent all on the same page.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 03, 2009, 08:27:59 PM

...Whats most disappointing is this team has a lot of depth and overall talent but mentally they just arent all on the same page.

That is a mystery 'cause they're so freakin' good at home. They're tall, deep and talented, but it seems like they're missing something on the road, like that intimidation factor down low. You'll need that in the playoffs...

Bucfanut

Starter

#41 : April 03, 2009, 08:43:25 PM

...Whats most disappointing is this team has a lot of depth and overall talent but mentally they just arent all on the same page.

That is a mystery 'cause they're so freakin' good at home. They're tall, deep and talented, but it seems like they're missing something on the road, like that intimidation factor down low. You'll need that in the playoffs...

I think as the yr has gone in its become more mental than anything, especially after their ridiculous choke job down in Miami where they lost in 3OT. They don't have any great interior defenders though; Millsap is a very good defender and he actually works hard (unlike Boozer), but he's undersized. AK-47 is a good help defender which is why he blocks a lot of shots but his play has been beyond erratic and despite multiple sessions shooting with Hornacek, inevitably he regresses into a funk where everything he throws up hits the back rim. Okur's numbers are so drastically lower on the road its beyond comprehension, i've given up trying to figure out why.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 07, 2009, 12:42:58 PM

Whoever draws San Antonio is going to breath alot easier with Ginobili gone. But nothing's more dangerous than a wounded animal...

#43 : April 07, 2009, 02:10:34 PM

Bucfanut that just makes me realize how mentally tough and focused the Magic really are. They are great on the road, they are great on the west coast, they rarely lose 2 games in a row, and on the court they have a very tough interior defense with depth (Battie and Gortat are playing great interior defense on and off the ball off the bench).

The funnest part about being a fan of this Magic team, and an advantage that goes overlooked that they have over any other team in basketball, is the ability to come back from huge deficits. Having so many GREAT 3 pt shooters makes it easy for this team to come back from 12-15 pts down in no time. Itss really a great luxury to have, because Ive seen Magic teams in recent years where coming back from 12-15 points down was like expecting Dilfer to bring the Bucs back from behind in the 4th quarter under Dungy

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 07, 2009, 03:15:14 PM

Playoffs are a different animal tho. Orlando should cruise thru the first round, but whoever they matchup with in the second round is going to be a better defensive team and falling behind big is going to be harder to overcome, especially if the opponent knows it's coming from the perimeter...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 132
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Playoff Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools