Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ryan Moats' Relative Dying. Police Delay. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 26, 2009, 09:04:22 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqT12TlE4PrkSKOItIWQ_iZDubYF?slug=ap-player-stopped&prov=ap&type=lgns

PLANO, Texas (AP)�A police officer pulled over an NFL player rushing to see his dying mother-in-law, drew his gun, threatened the player with jail and held him in the hospital parking lot as she died, officials said Thursday.

Officer Robert Powell told his commanders he drew his gun but did not point it, Dallas police spokesman Lt. Andy Harvey said. That was disputed by the wife of Houston Texans running back Ryan Moats.

�He was pointing a gun at me as soon as I got out of the car,� Tamishia Moats told The Dallas Morning News, which first reported that Powell unholstered his sidearm.

The Moats family did not return messages left by The Associated Press.

Powell, who has been reassigned to desk duty, stopped Moats� SUV outside Baylor Regional Medical Center during the early hours of March 18 after Moats rolled through a red light. Moats and his family had gotten a call saying his mother-in-law was dying.

Video from a dashboard camera inside the officer�s vehicle, obtained by Dallas-Fort Worth station WFAA-TV, revealed an intense exchange in which the officer threatened to jail Moats.

He ordered Tamishia Moats to get back in the SUV, but she ignored him and rushed inside the hospital to see her mother, Jonetta Collinsworth, 45, and was by her side when she died a short time later. She had breast cancer.

�Get in there,� said Powell, yelling at 27-year-old Tamishia Moats, as she exited the car. �Let me see your hands!�

�Excuse me, my mom is dying,� she said. �Do you understand?�

Ryan Moats, 26, explained that he waited until there was no traffic before proceeding through the red light. When Powell asked for proof of insurance, Moats grew more agitated and told the officer to go find it.

�My mother-in-law is dying! Right now! You�re wasting my time!� Moats yelled. �I don�t understand why you can�t understand that.�

As they argued, the officer got irritated. �Shut your mouth,� the officer said. �You can either settle down and cooperate or I can just take you to jail for running a red light.�

The exchange soon ended and Powell returned to his cruiser to write a ticket. A few minutes later, another officer approached Powell to tell him a nurse said the mother-in-law was dying right then and Moats needed to get into the hospital.

�All right. I�m almost done,� Powell said in response.

When Moats and Collinsworth�s father entered the hospital, they learned Collinsworth had died, The Dallas Morning News reported in Thursday�s editions.

The Moatses, who are black, said they can�t help but think that race might have played a part in how Powell, who is white, treated them.

�I think he should lose his job,� said Ryan Moats, a Dallas native.

The ticket issued to Moats was dismissed, Harvey said.

�There were some things that were said that were disturbing, to say the least,� he told the Dallas Morning News.

Powell told police officials he believed he was doing his job, said Dallas Police Assistant Chief Floyd Simpson.

Ok I officially hate police now...
Not all cops are like this one.. But unfortunately when there is one, it is one too many !!!! At the very least, he should be suspended without pay !!
Actually Frog he also needs to go to sensitivity training again and be able to reason why one is in a hospital parking lot...It would have only taken a moment...I live with some of the finest around my area and they are truly Great people...OBD

sensitivity training hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. He should also go to diversity training again, because its obvious this cop only targets black people

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 26, 2009, 09:05:45 PM

If it were your family...

again Id be pissed, but he still didnt break the law. He was being a jerk. But to be fired because he wasnt being "sensitive" is stupid. Suspend him

Booker

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 26, 2009, 09:07:29 PM

so you should be fired any time you are insensitive? He did his job, like an a hole but his job none the less. I don't condone what he did but he didn't break any laws

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 26, 2009, 09:10:04 PM

so you should be fired any time you are insensitive? He did his job, like an a hole but his job none the less. I don't condone what he did but he didn't break any laws

exactly.

Maybe everyone should be fired when they raise their voice to a boss or co worker? Thats being insensitive...

#34 : March 26, 2009, 09:15:34 PM

What ther hell else would you call it then, bad judgement?

I would call the cop a peckerhead, not a racist.� How do we know why he acted that way?

He may very well be a racist, IDK.� It's just a shame that's always the first option for people.

It seems they like to blame instead of fixing the problem.

And thats why we see the high jail rates

Yes, THEY do, don't THEY?

** shakes head **

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 26, 2009, 09:17:25 PM

What ther hell else would you call it then, bad judgement?

I would call the cop a peckerhead, not a racist.� How do we know why he acted that way?

He may very well be a racist, IDK.� It's just a shame that's always the first option for people.

It seems they like to blame instead of fixing the problem.

And thats why we see the high jail rates

Yes, THEY do, don't THEY?

** shakes head **

yep they blame cops and whitie for the high jail rates, when many children are being raised without a father, raised to idolize a rapper, and believe the only way to make money is to hustle. Quit pushing blame, use the energy to fix the community.

#36 : March 26, 2009, 09:25:17 PM

why don't you use "you people"..... it'll fit your agenda a lil better!!

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 26, 2009, 09:31:59 PM

onebucfan, I can't belive you said the things you said. You obviously have a problem with black people. Why don't you just go away, little man. I'm sure you wouldn't have the nerve to say anything like that to someone's face. Your kind (read white trash) isn't wanted on here.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#38 : March 26, 2009, 09:34:37 PM

Here we go... same old **CENSORED** different day.

Everytime it has to be a race thing. Awesome... Gotta love it.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#39 : March 26, 2009, 09:35:31 PM

Look, until you are the officer involved in a traffic stop, don't be so hasty to rush to your judgements of what should or shouldn't be done. �Some of you paint with an awfully broad brush in your statements of officers or believing you understand how they should react in every situation they are confronted with. �In this particular situation, yes, I believe he was not as prudent as he probably should have been. �Although its easy to be the Monday morning QB. �

And to the idea that the officer should have known that a vehicle running a red light with hazards on and pulling in to the hospital parking lot meant that there was nothing illegal going on is unfair at best. I wonder what the two officers in Oakland should have noticed during their traffic stop to tell them they were about to be gunned down? �Every stop is different with the potential for danger, and any officer knows that you better be aware and on your toes during any of them. �Adding to the hightened aggresiveness can often be factors including the time of day as well as being outnumbered by occupants in the vehicle.

I am no "badge-licker", I wear it with pride. �I have no "power trip" that I'm taking, merely going about the job that I have to do with as much discretion as possible. �I feel badly for the family members in this specific story and for their loss and how it ended, but I feel it is rediculous and irresponsible to make such judgements and comments about law enforcement in general, based off of a situation like this.

An example of the "best and the brightest", when I think police officer I think lower 25% of HS graduating class, was a teen trouble maker, probably not "into" academics.  I really cannot think of anyone who I would say was intelligent that I have ever met that has said," Well I really want to be a cop."  You get what you "pay" for.........

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#40 : March 26, 2009, 09:39:50 PM

onebucfan, I can't belive you said the things you said. You obviously have a problem with black people. Why don't you just go away, little man. I'm sure you wouldn't have the nerve to say anything like that to someone's face. Your kind (read white trash) isn't wanted on here.
Rusty, while you may not agree with some of the things he says, and I'm not saying I do, he said his beliefs without name calling, something you resort to so quickly. Let's not act innocent whenever the first thing you do is call someone white trash. Just saying, maybe calling him white trash is definitely not needed.

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 26, 2009, 09:40:41 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqT12TlE4PrkSKOItIWQ_iZDubYF?slug=ap-player-stopped&prov=ap&type=lgns

PLANO, Texas (AP)�A police officer pulled over an NFL player rushing to see his dying mother-in-law, drew his gun, threatened the player with jail and held him in the hospital parking lot as she died, officials said Thursday.

Officer Robert Powell told his commanders he drew his gun but did not point it, Dallas police spokesman Lt. Andy Harvey said. That was disputed by the wife of Houston Texans running back Ryan Moats.

�He was pointing a gun at me as soon as I got out of the car,� Tamishia Moats told The Dallas Morning News, which first reported that Powell unholstered his sidearm.

The Moats family did not return messages left by The Associated Press.

Powell, who has been reassigned to desk duty, stopped Moats� SUV outside Baylor Regional Medical Center during the early hours of March 18 after Moats rolled through a red light. Moats and his family had gotten a call saying his mother-in-law was dying.

Video from a dashboard camera inside the officer�s vehicle, obtained by Dallas-Fort Worth station WFAA-TV, revealed an intense exchange in which the officer threatened to jail Moats.

He ordered Tamishia Moats to get back in the SUV, but she ignored him and rushed inside the hospital to see her mother, Jonetta Collinsworth, 45, and was by her side when she died a short time later. She had breast cancer.

�Get in there,� said Powell, yelling at 27-year-old Tamishia Moats, as she exited the car. �Let me see your hands!�

�Excuse me, my mom is dying,� she said. �Do you understand?�

Ryan Moats, 26, explained that he waited until there was no traffic before proceeding through the red light. When Powell asked for proof of insurance, Moats grew more agitated and told the officer to go find it.

�My mother-in-law is dying! Right now! You�re wasting my time!� Moats yelled. �I don�t understand why you can�t understand that.�

As they argued, the officer got irritated. �Shut your mouth,� the officer said. �You can either settle down and cooperate or I can just take you to jail for running a red light.�

The exchange soon ended and Powell returned to his cruiser to write a ticket. A few minutes later, another officer approached Powell to tell him a nurse said the mother-in-law was dying right then and Moats needed to get into the hospital.

�All right. I�m almost done,� Powell said in response.

When Moats and Collinsworth�s father entered the hospital, they learned Collinsworth had died, The Dallas Morning News reported in Thursday�s editions.

The Moatses, who are black, said they can�t help but think that race might have played a part in how Powell, who is white, treated them.

�I think he should lose his job,� said Ryan Moats, a Dallas native.

The ticket issued to Moats was dismissed, Harvey said.

�There were some things that were said that were disturbing, to say the least,� he told the Dallas Morning News.

Powell told police officials he believed he was doing his job, said Dallas Police Assistant Chief Floyd Simpson.

Ok I officially hate police now...
Not all cops are like this one.. But unfortunately when there is one, it is one too many !!!! At the very least, he should be suspended without pay !!
Actually Frog he also needs to go to sensitivity training again and be able to reason why one is in a hospital parking lot...It would have only taken a moment...I live with some of the finest around my area and they are truly Great people...OBD

sensitivity training hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. He should also go to diversity training again, because its obvious this cop only targets black people

I'm white, but I get stopped (while walking) or pulled over for ridiculous reasons by insensitive redneck white male cops with superiority complexes all the time. Back at my high school we had 2 of the worst white male cops just sit their fat behinds around in golf carts and harass everyone regardless of race.

How can you pick all these horrible guys in interviews and have like 2 or 3 'good cops'...

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 26, 2009, 09:43:16 PM

ihave said this about cops before.  I agree with Zell.

A lot of cops are true idiots.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#43 : March 26, 2009, 09:44:09 PM

redneck white male cops

Boy it seems all of these threads take the same path.... interesting.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 26, 2009, 09:45:30 PM

ts, I'm not acting innocent. If he had watched the video, he would have seen how blatant the cops actions were. If you don't believe these things happen, watch the Rodney King tape. This incident was inhumane and for him to do that was just cruel. oregonbucfan's comments were meant to incite African American posters here on the board. It just pisses me off when people like him blame the victim (read Ryan Moats and his wife).

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ryan Moats' Relative Dying. Police Delay. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools