Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jamarcus Russell a bust.......... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

T

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 28, 2007, 10:40:03 AM

I think he'll be a bust but it won't be because, of the way he talks. It'll be because, he'll play in Oakland where players career's die.

BucLord

Starter

#31 : January 28, 2007, 11:43:08 AM

I dont know if the rest of you saw his interview durring the senior bowl, but the way he talks, the way he carries his self AND the things he said, leads me to believe he will be a bust in the NFL.....

Hey everybody, new to the board, wanted to get in around draft talk

AS an LSU alumn, I find this post disturbing

Here's an article this thread starter should try and read carefully

Every offseason, New England's Tom Brady works with former College of San Mateo head coach Tom Martinez, who cleans up the Patriots quarterback's mechanics.

JaMarcus Russell this season threw for 3,129 yards and had a 167 passer rating.     

But last weekend, for the first time, Martinez worked with LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell, regarded as one of the top prospects in the upcoming NFL draft. And what Martinez said should catch the attention of everyone in Oakland's front office.

After working with Russell, Martinez told some people that he never has seen a talent quite like Russell -- including Brady. Martinez was highly impressed with Russell's "coachability" and his physical skills.

Martinez said that Russell is the type of quarterback who can do everything wrong on a play and still have it come out right. But the fact that Martinez endorsed Russell as strongly as he did only reinforces the notion Russell will be going to the Raiders with the draft's No. 1 overall pick

I think he'll be a bust but it won't be because, of the way he talks. It'll be because, he'll play in Oakland where players career's die.

Dont the Raiders have like 19 players in the Hall of Fame?.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 28, 2007, 11:54:08 AM

Good post BucLord.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 28, 2007, 12:20:42 PM

Already dislike him for wearing that Yankees hat.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#34 : January 28, 2007, 12:47:47 PM

I personally sense an underlying theme of racisim in this thread. However there are many players in this game whos speech structure is not very good and they dominate. For example Derrick Brooks I have trouble understanding him sometimes and we all know he is one heck of a football player. Another example would be Jeremy Shockey sometimes at his lockerroom interviews I cant understand a word he says and although he has some attitute he leaves it ALL on the field and he does a darn good job of it.

no, no racism.....think of it like this.......do you want your kids to look up to a guy who cant speak good, and then turns around and says he dosent need to practice? thats not racism, that would be ignorance.....
Do you mean...."can't speak well?"

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 28, 2007, 12:54:04 PM

lol

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 28, 2007, 04:34:17 PM

I personally sense an underlying theme of racisim in this thread. However there are many players in this game whos speech structure is not very good and they dominate. For example Derrick Brooks I have trouble understanding him sometimes and we all know he is one heck of a football player. Another example would be Jeremy Shockey sometimes at his lockerroom interviews I cant understand a word he says and although he has some attitute he leaves it ALL on the field and he does a darn good job of it.

no, no racism.....think of it like this.......do you want your kids to look up to a guy who cant speak good, and then turns around and says he dosent need to practice? thats not racism, that would be ignorance.....
Do you mean...."can't speak well?"

I think someone needs a trip to Derrick Zoolander's Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good.

O.O Total ownage right there...

T

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 28, 2007, 05:10:56 PM

BucLord-The Raiders haven't shown any consistency in the coaching department since Gruden left, to even let me think for a second this kid has even a shot to succeed in Oakland. Al Davis is too cheap to pay any coach worth anything to coach in Oakland so it really doen's matter who they draft they are gonna be labeled a bust, because they will be in Oakland.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 28, 2007, 05:44:05 PM

By the way, it's Bologna. not Balogna.

#39 : January 28, 2007, 05:51:24 PM

Oakland has still developed players the past 5 years. Napolean Harris, Jerry Porter, Rod Coleman, Sands, Ronald Curry, Doug Gabriel, Courtney Anderson, Thomas Howard, Kirk Morrison, Schweigart, etc. Now they havent had any superstars, other than Rod Coleman maybe. They have made some very questionable draft picks along with some less talked about good ones. They have had coaching problems since Gruden left, but that problem is only hurting the offensive side of the ball now (which of course would be a problem for JaMarcus Russell) but I wont compare Oakland to 'real' career killers like Cleveland, Arizona and Cincinatti (pre-Marvin Lewis).

Oakland does have history of greatness in the last 50 years, and a lot of it. Al Davis is old and decrepit but going to Oakland won't destroy JaMarcus Russell

BucLord

Starter

#40 : January 28, 2007, 08:44:16 PM

BucLord-The Raiders haven't shown any consistency in the coaching department since Gruden left, to even let me think for a second this kid has even a shot to succeed in Oakland. Al Davis is too cheap to pay any coach worth anything to coach in Oakland so it really doen's matter who they draft they are gonna be labeled a bust, because they will be in Oakland.

Thats not true, Callahan took the Raiders to the Super Bowl the year after Gruden left. And Norv Turner, who coached 2 of the last 3 years is the top candidate for the Cowboys job right?.. The same guy who Al Davis hired?

Coaches come and go all the time in the NFL. Remember, that Joe Bugel, Mike White were the coaches in Oakland prior to Al Davis bringing in a 32 year old by the name of Jon Gruden.

John Madden was 32 when Al hired him and he's a SB winning HOF coach., Tom Flores won 2 Super Bowls with Oakland and he was 35 when Al hired him.

I read Al Davis has hired more first time coaches that went on to win Super Bowls than any other owner in the history of the NFL. John Madden, Tom Flores, Mike Shannhan, & Jon Gruden. Did the research and its correct. Thats a pretty good track record Al Davis has in finding 1st time HC that go on to become successful coaches

Will Montes son succeed? Who knows. Hard to tell. But the guys been around football alot and did help produce several Heisman winners in Leinart and Bush as the OC for the Trojans and has always kept USC in the top of the country in offense. If they draft Russell they could really turn things around over there. But I think its unfair to rip Montes son and say he'll ruin any draft picks careers before you even give him a chance. Thats really kinda unfair dontcha think? I like Monte, I am happy for him and his family and for his son and I hope he does well.

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

T

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 29, 2007, 08:34:57 AM

BucLord-My point was since the Raiders lost to the Bucs in the Super Bowl they have had a carousel of coaches. It's very hard for a player to succeed when they have a new Coach every year. I wish Lane Kiffin the best, but he's not a Buc so I don't hope he does too well. Everything you bring up about Al Davis is the past, when the NFL had NO salary cap a nd teams like the Raiders,Cowboys,Steelers and 49ers could keep their talented players and dominate the NFL. I have NO respect for teams that won in that era. Thats why I respect the hell out of the Patriots because, they have been the most consistent team in the Salary cap era. In recent history Al Davis has shown that he has lost it.

BucLord

Starter

#42 : January 29, 2007, 01:41:09 PM

BucLord-My point was since the Raiders lost to the Bucs in the Super Bowl they have had a carousel of coaches. It's very hard for a player to succeed when they have a new Coach every year. I wish Lane Kiffin the best, but he's not a Buc so I don't hope he does too well. Everything you bring up about Al Davis is the past, when the NFL had NO salary cap a nd teams like the Raiders,Cowboys,Steelers and 49ers could keep their talented players and dominate the NFL. I have NO respect for teams that won in that era. Thats why I respect the hell out of the Patriots because, they have been the most consistent team in the Salary cap era. In recent history Al Davis has shown that he has lost it.

Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Roger Craig and the majority of the Niners were drafted by the Niners, Ken Stabler, Fred Biletnikoff, Marcus Allen, Howie Long etc.. the majority of the Raiders back then were drafted. Steelers? The majority as well. You might want to do a little bit more research on those teams before you start telling me that they won because there was no salary cap. You simply do not understand what you are saying.

I'll assume it was either a typo on your end or you're off today and are pounding beers...

Norv Turner looks to be the new coach in Dallas, has Jerry Jones lost it too?

What Al Davis needs to start doing is letting the coach coach and get rid of the malcontents like Moss etc. But then they tried to bring in a coach that was gonna be tough, Art Shell.. Heck he benched Porter all year for his mouth. That didnt work out either.

Monte Kiffin is my favorite coach here, I believe he is soley responsible for getting us our 1st ring. He's a great coach and If his son Lane is anything like his dad then he should do pretty good in the NFL. I hope he succeeds, know why?

Cause if he does, we can let him get his feet wet in Oakland and then bring him to Tampa to replace Gruden...

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 29, 2007, 01:43:53 PM

Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Roger Craig and the majority of the Niners were drafted by the Niners, Ken Stabler, Fred Biletnikoff, Marcus Allen, Howie Long etc.. the majority of the Raiders back then were drafted. Steelers? The majority as well. You might want to do a little bit more research on those teams before you start telling me that they won because there was no salary cap. You simply do not understand what you are saying.

No one's arguing that those teams drafted those players.  He's arguing that they only got to keep them because there was no salary cap.  Nowadays you have to replace stars that you drafted with rookies for the sole purpose of meeting the salary cap rules.

T

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 29, 2007, 02:23:07 PM

Buclord-I am not arguing that those teams drafted those players. I'm basically stating I have little to NO respect for those teams that dominated the NFL in the pre-salary cap era. Those teams dominated mainly because, they could keep there talented players and not have to worry about reloading every couple of years.Those teams dominated for that reason and that reason alone.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jamarcus Russell a bust.......... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools