Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jamarcus Russell a bust.......... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucLord

Starter

#45 : January 29, 2007, 02:51:16 PM

Buclord-I am not arguing that those teams drafted those players. I'm basically stating I have little to NO respect for those teams that dominated the NFL in the pre-salary cap era. Those teams dominated mainly because, they could keep there talented players and not have to worry about reloading every couple of years.Those teams dominated for that reason and that reason alone.

I'm sorry, and no disrespect, but I'm having a dificult time understanding what exactlly you are trying to say. It's a lot harder to keep players today then it was back then.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

T

Hall of Famer

#46 : January 29, 2007, 02:54:31 PM

Buclord- What I am saying is the reason the Steelers,Cowboys,Raiders and other teams were successful was because, there was no salary cap or free agency. So they could keep their players longer and dominate longer, so I have very little respect for what those teams did back then, since they weren't operating on a level playing field.

BucLord

Starter

#47 : January 29, 2007, 02:57:29 PM

Buclord- What I am saying is the reason the Steelers,Cowboys,Raiders and other teams were successful was because, there was no salary cap or free agency. So they could keep their players longer and dominate longer, so I have very little respect for what those teams did back then, since they weren't operating on a level playing field.

Cool, lets move on..look forward to posting more here

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#48 : January 30, 2007, 12:00:32 AM

Al Davis wasn't senile back then.

It caught up with him quickly.  Davis is an old senile man, who should consider watching the games at home...

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#49 : January 30, 2007, 01:43:23 PM

Why is it that whenever there is a post about a guy's intelligence that it is automatically assumed the poster is a racist?

Just because he thinks the guy is a doomazz does not make him a KKK card carrier.

I have to admit, I got the same vibe when hearing him speak. Then again, there were several of those o-linemen, not to mention Carriker, that didn't exactly sound like they were going to split the atom anytime soon, either.

Everyone made a big deal about Vince Young's Wonderlic....he was an inch above Der-der-der (Mencia term) - but if the kid had great ball skills, sometimes you can overcome that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#50 : January 30, 2007, 01:53:56 PM

Splitting an atom...ha ha ha ha!

I thought Mencia's saying was dee-deee-dee-deee...

LMAO!

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#51 : January 30, 2007, 06:16:27 PM

Why is it that whenever there is a post about a guy's intelligence that it is automatically assumed the poster is a racist?

Just because he thinks the guy is a doomazz does not make him a KKK card carrier.

thank you for that, this is one of the biggest problems in the world, people cant get over that barrier..........

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

BucLord

Starter

#52 : January 30, 2007, 09:17:49 PM

I have to admit, I got the same vibe when hearing him speak. Then again, there were several of those o-linemen, not to mention Carriker, that didn't exactly sound like they were going to split the atom anytime soon, either.

Everyone made a big deal about Vince Young's Wonderlic....he was an inch above Der-der-der (Mencia term) - but if the kid had great ball skills, sometimes you can overcome that.

Thats really funny

I dont remember some of you same Buc colored glasses wearing homers mention anything about..

And should I quote our RB bust from 2 years ago?

Okay.. I shall

"Oh, Ronnie Brown may have won the war, but not the battle"

But its okay and he gets a free pass because we drafted him?

If theres one NFL player that has the worst english vocabulary in the NFL, it's Caddy

Lets not throw stones at Jamarcus Russel who was a top student at LSU

At least Russell went to class

He didnt get the Caddy Williams treatment of basket weaving 101 for 4 years straight and had his U pay to do his homework and gave the guy a free ticket

Hey, lets be honest..

Caddy has a jr high education..

Perhaps we should question that eh?

Caddy was given a free education and did nothing to earn it...

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#53 : January 31, 2007, 05:44:00 AM

thats heresay.....  and I'd be willing to bet that half the NFL got some sort of free ride at some point....

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jamarcus Russell a bust.......... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools