Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem Morris "I majored in Madden" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 28, 2009, 08:20:31 PM

I'm 45 and I've played Madden.   I would never mention it as a job skill though (even if I was a head coach in the NFL).

I still don't understand where you're seeing him mentioning it as a job skill? He just said he played it and it might have inspired him.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 28, 2009, 08:24:04 PM

Raheem just gets more legendary as each day goes by.

As a legendary joke. 

Good one Java. Your a regular Dan Akroyd.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 28, 2009, 08:32:50 PM

We're so screwed.  We just hired a coach that relates to the lowest common football fan---the Madden-ite. 

I remember a special I saw about the hiring of Jon Gruden, where they showed the guys who sent in resumes.  Some of them listed "won 7 championships on Madden" as their qualification...they were ridiculed heartily. 

66 DB's, really?  I'm pretty sure there are more than a few offensive guys (heck or even defensive ones) that would resent that remark.  Guess he hasn't figured out that there is a distinctly different mentality among different positions..If you try to manage say a left Guard like a DB, you're gonna lose him...

Is it too late to bring back Gruden?  I hear Dungy is available...

Booker

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 28, 2009, 08:35:12 PM

Yep that is what he meant.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 28, 2009, 08:37:11 PM

Take up for him all you want, but it's pretty obvious that this guy is lost out there already.  On he bright side, Mark Dominik seems to be quite capable.  Maybe he can get us a real HC next year...

You know, all this talk about the "youth movement" at HC is just garbage.  Qualities like experience and wisdom are being re-categorized as "old and outdated methods".  This is a bunch of crap.  Football at it's core is all very basic.  There is not an offensive or defensive scheme currently in use at any level of football that hasn't already been around forever.  What separates a winning HC from  an average or losing one is their LEADERSHIP abilities.  And part of that ability is--wait for it--experience.  Experience lends credibility and makes it possible to sell the team on a combined goal or vision.  Morris lacks that.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 28, 2009, 08:38:26 PM

Take up for him all you want, but it's pretty obvious that this guy is lost out there already.  On he bright side, Mark Dominik seems to be quite capable.  Maybe he can get us a real HC next year...

If that is your opinion, I find these comments irrelevant. Is he under such tight scrutiny that he cant even make a joke?

Booker

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 28, 2009, 08:39:11 PM

Lost out where? Has he seen the field yet?

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 28, 2009, 08:43:33 PM

Seriously?  Gameday  result is merely the by-product of all of the real work that goes on.  Football is a year round gig.  If he's lost now, it will most certainly translate to the field.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 28, 2009, 08:47:03 PM

Seriously?  Gameday  result is merely the by-product of all of the real work that goes on.  Football is a year round gig.  If he's lost now, it will most certainly translate to the field.

And you are basing he is "lost" by nothing. It goes back to what he just said.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 28, 2009, 08:49:19 PM

Seriously?� Gameday  result is merely the by-product of all of the real work that goes on.� Football is a year round gig.� If he's lost now, it will most certainly translate to the field.

Dude, he just won the superbowl in Madden.   He's ready to win it all.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 28, 2009, 08:51:42 PM

Seriously?� Gameday  result is merely the by-product of all of the real work that goes on.� Football is a year round gig.� If he's lost now, it will most certainly translate to the field.

Dude, he just won the superbowl in Madden.   He's ready to win it all.

Keep 'em coming Dan your making all of Tampa laugh.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 28, 2009, 08:53:08 PM

Saying that Josh Johnson "should have been a 2nd round pick" does not give me much hope in Raheem's ability to identify talent.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 28, 2009, 08:54:07 PM

And you are basing he is "lost" by nothing. It goes back to what he just said.

When you are a leader, your every word is scrutinized.  His comments give great insight into his mindset.  Anyone who understands leadership and psychology can tell you that he's giving tell-tale signs that he isn't prepared for this role.  Some people would prefer to bury their heads in the sand and ignore it in order to not feel anxiety, but me, I call what I see.  I tried to be really open minded about the coaching changes, but the more this guy talks, the less confident I feel.  And if I (and others) feel this way, you have to believe that some players will too.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 28, 2009, 08:54:57 PM

Saying that Josh Johnson "should have been a 2nd round pick" does not give me much hope in Raheem's ability to identify talent.

You guys put way to much thought in diagnosing what he says. I doubt he even believes that.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#44 : March 28, 2009, 08:56:26 PM

I hate that I posted in this thread.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem Morris "I majored in Madden" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools